Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

5 posters

Does Reiki get stuck in its own lineage and energy?

jen2174
    jen2174
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Does Reiki get stuck in its own lineage and energy? Empty Does Reiki get stuck in its own lineage and energy?

Post by jen2174 Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:47 am

I was thinking about this today, it has occured to me before. Ive heard several people say that reiki does not do the job its supposed to. Then when I read about Quantum Touch which is supposed to be Universal life energy, i thought it was the same as reiki, but apparently its not.
    It got me wondering if Dr.Usui somehow got religion involved by accident, or limited without realizing it with the symbols. what im trying to say is religions and beliefs can limit things working. I am not tied to any religion and have always believed in metaphysics that we were energy and if you think about it, energies can be tied to what people believe and only work based off their limitations. since reiki is tied into symbols and lineage, maybe it got stuck somewhere. because its hung up on "the highest good" but thats heresay and highly controversial. i have suffered tremendous depression, almost suicidal, severe hopelessness, and all reiki has done is make a dent in it, but does not cure it. people seem to think suffering is the only way out of things and THAT is for our highest good, but is that really true? maybe its not. suffering should not belong to anyone.
    Its just a thought and please dont yell or create conflict. i cant take anything else bad right now. I just wanted to throw out something that might be helpful to some of you. it might be worth thinking about.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Does Reiki get stuck in its own lineage and energy? Empty Re: Does Reiki get stuck in its own lineage and energy?

Post by chi_solas Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:23 am

jen2174 wrote:I was thinking about this today, it has occured to me before. Ive heard several people say that reiki does not do the job its supposed to. Then when I read about Quantum Touch which is supposed to be Universal life energy, i thought it was the same as reiki, but apparently its not.

Universal energy is the same no
    matter where/what name you use Arrow

It got me wondering if Dr.Usui somehow got religion involved by accident, or limited without realizing it with the symbols. what im trying to say is religions and beliefs can limit things working. I am not tied to any religion and have always believed in metaphysics that we were energy and if you think about it, energies can be tied to what people believe and only work based off their limitations.

Reiki is not about diety it's
    about using Universal energy sunny

since reiki is tied into symbols and lineage, maybe it got stuck somewhere. because its hung up on "the highest good" but thats heresay and highly controversial.

symbols and lineages are just focus points bounce

i have suffered tremendous depression, almost suicidal, severe hopelessness, and all reiki has done is make a dent in it, but does not cure it.

sorry you feel that Reiki is not
    working for you. Reiki is not a
    quick fix. It's on going when the
    physical/emotional/spiritual needs
    are stuck. Relaxing and giving power
    to yourself to heal takes practice.

people seem to think suffering is the only way out of things and THAT is for our highest good, but is that really true? maybe its not. suffering should not belong to anyone. Its just a thought and please dont yell or create conflict. i cant take anything else bad right now. I just wanted to throw out something that might be helpful to some of you. it might be worth thinking about.

Think about the metaphysics and how
    you can incorporate it into your mind.
    Teach yourself to focus on what it is
    you are seeking. Watch your self talk
    it may be giving your body a wrong
    message. Asking, "I want healing" instead
    of "I'm healed" makes a big difference to
    how your body responds. flower

focus
    The very thing that you seek to not have [pain etc;]
    is the thing you keep having! Which makes
    perfect sense when we apply the laws of
    both metaphysics and quantum physics,
    because The Universe will "yes" to whatever
    it is we focus on the most. Focus on can't
    and you can't.focus on will, and you shall
    Does Reiki get stuck in its own lineage and energy? 158903
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Does Reiki get stuck in its own lineage and energy? Empty Re: Does Reiki get stuck in its own lineage and energy?

Post by Milarepa Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:53 am

for me. my experience in using Reiki & QT are different. QT escells at physical things. whereas Reiki is pure spirituality in it's most obvious way.

Reiki isn't limited by any spiruitual aspects. Reliigion is a human vehicle to experience spirituality. The controlling nature of parts of religion may be saw in us reciting the principles morning & evening, even trying to live by them. I cant see it has impeded us any. Most certainly not by symbols either. Most of US dont know what whe're talking about wnhen we mention symbols like this. We scratch the surface and assume that is all there is.

And it is true, if we beleive that is all there is, then it's all we see. Likewise if we feel anything is limiting anything, then it does.

This is because it is all about perception. IMO, perception within Reiki counts for a lot. We do dictate a lot of what we experience, and 'complain' about.

'highest good'. i'm sick of that crap also. hehe. Never did like that wishy-washy concept. Hindsight is one thing. But 'its ok, its all for your highest good', is not only fortune telling, but damn irresponsible guess work that leads to inaction. I suppose if i die next week thats my highest good also. What about if there is not afterlife. Ahh, i'm rambling now.

Oh, no worries about what you write on this forum. You views are highly protected, as all are, Smile. Ya know i got banned the other day from another forum. A self defence one. I simply have a different views, different perspective than al the others. So the forum admin decided to write a big post, using his 'A level ' english against me. Then banned my so i couldn't reply. Poor use of admin skills. Haha. Anyhow, what i'm saying here is that every single members views are important. Vital. The more individual they are the better. It's how we all discover. I personally need all of you to give me food for thought. So i can expand my own knowledge. What i'm saying is, you are as important as Admin. Certainly more important than me when you post. Smile.

Warmest wishes
    WAyne
    jen2174
    jen2174
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by jen2174 Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:57 am

chi_solas wrote:
    jen2174 wrote:I was thinking about this today, it has occured to me before. Ive heard several people say that reiki does not do the job its supposed to. Then when I read about Quantum Touch which is supposed to be Universal life energy, i thought it was the same as reiki, but apparently its not.

It got me wondering if Dr.Usui somehow got religion involved by accident, or limited without realizing it with the symbols. what im trying to say is religions and beliefs can limit things working. I am not tied to any religion and have always believed in metaphysics that we were energy and if you think about it, energies can be tied to what people believe and only work based off their limitations.

since reiki is tied into symbols and lineage, maybe it got stuck somewhere. because its hung up on "the highest good" but thats heresay and highly controversial.

i have suffered tremendous depression, almost suicidal, severe hopelessness, and all reiki has done is make a dent in it, but does not cure it.

people seem to think suffering is the only way out of things and THAT is for our highest good, but is that really true? maybe its not. suffering should not belong to anyone. Its just a thought and please dont yell or create conflict. i cant take anything else bad right now. I just wanted to throw out something that might be helpful to some of you. it might be worth thinking about.

focus

I have deeply angry and failed issues with law of attraction so i dont want to use it. it has not worked ou for me. I have used reiki for hours before and while it helps me,it has never cured me of anything whereas ive heard its done wonders for people you say its about my attitude but ive been perfectlycalm using it, not thinking anything bad, and still find its limitations. You may have missed the point of the energy getting caught up in other beliefs, thats really what i posted about. it might be going over peoples heads
    jen2174
    jen2174
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by jen2174 Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:03 am

Milarepa wrote:for me. my experience in using Reiki & QT are different. QT escells at physical things. whereas Reiki is pure spirituality in it's most obvious way.

Reiki isn't limited by any spiruitual aspects. Reliigion is a human vehicle to experience spirituality. The controlling nature of parts of religion may be saw in us reciting the principles morning & evening, even trying to live by them. I cant see it has impeded us any. Most certainly not by symbols either. Most of US dont know what whe're talking about wnhen we mention symbols like this. We scratch the surface and assume that is all there is.

And it is true, if we beleive that is all there is, then it's all we see. Likewise if we feel anything is limiting anything, then it does.

This is because it is all about perception. IMO, perception within Reiki counts for a lot. We do dictate a lot of what we experience, and 'complain' about.

'highest good'. i'm sick of that crap also. hehe. Never did like that wishy-washy concept. Hindsight is one thing. But 'its ok, its all for your highest good', is not only fortune telling, but damn irresponsible guess work that leads to inaction. I suppose if i die next week thats my highest good also. What about if there is not afterlife. Ahh, i'm rambling now.

Oh, no worries about what you write on this forum. You views are highly protected, as all are, Smile. Ya know i got banned the other day from another forum. A self defence one. I simply have a different views, different perspective than al the others. So the forum admin decided to write a big post, using his 'A level ' english against me. Then banned my so i couldn't reply. Poor use of admin skills. Haha. Anyhow, what i'm saying here is that every single members views are important. Vital. The more individual they are the better. It's how we all discover. I personally need all of you to give me food for thought. So i can expand my own knowledge. What i'm saying is, you are as important as Admin. Certainly more important than me when you post. Smile.

Warmest wishes
    WAyne

Thanks for your boldness! i see someone else out there talks like I do. The point I was trying to make..maybe i should have given another example. Its like when you look at christianity, buddhism, and even muslim belief, even wiccans, they all can tell you for absolute certanity that they had the same experiences that a lot of other people did who joined that religion or belief system and therefore they are certain that is the answer in life. but if they are all the same and people experience the same stuff, then isnt it verifying that energy gets caught up and setled in a certain way and have things attached to it? thats what i wondered about Reiki. if their were attachments Usui put in there without realizing it, therefore affecting its outcome on patients, clients. If he believed in highest good than wouldnt reiki only work when it felt like it?
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:26 am

jen2174 wrote:
    Milarepa wrote:for me. my experience in using Reiki & QT are different. QT escells at physical things. whereas Reiki is pure spirituality in it's most obvious way.

Warmest wishes
    WAyne

Thanks for your boldness! i see someone else out there talks like I do. The point I was trying to make..maybe i should have given another example. Its like when you look at christianity, buddhism, and even muslim belief, even wiccans, they all can tell you for absolute certanity that they had the same experiences that a lot of other people did who joined that religion or belief system and therefore they are certain that is the answer in life. but if they are all the same and people experience the same stuff, then isnt it verifying that energy gets caught up and setled in a certain way and have things attached to it? thats what i wondered about Reiki. if their were attachments Usui put in there without realizing it, therefore affecting its outcome on patients, clients. If he believed in highest good than wouldnt reiki only work when it felt like it?

If Usui believed in 'highest good' , maybe. Because the Reiki experience is inextricably linked to the purest aspect of me, and you, often it is beyond our everyday consiousness. In a way, this can be classified in a basic way as our 'highest good'. It doesn't imply something out of our control. Rather, it is us who dictate the experience. Both consciously & sub-consciously.

In Reiki, very little is the same. Person to person. Look at this forum. Depending on the member, and depending on their precise point in life, will dictate their understanding of Reiki.

And each time often we are firmly held in our view. I'm the biggest example. For these vartiations to take place there must be some variables that are involved. It's hard to see what our soul (for lack of a better term) finds of use in our troubles. Can i say about myself. A one time drug addict. Gang leader. Convicted Armed Robber. Lead a life of crime & devastation for 13 years. Looking back, i can see how my personal troubles lead me to the pooint i am. I find it too hard though, and too painful, to see how my soul required everyone else to go through the pain i put them through. It makes me cry. Even right now. There has to be a point. A purpose. Else what is the point of anything. It's hard to believe this. It's hard to even type this. I'm resisting it even now. I dont know if there is anything after we die. So i'm concerned with here & now. I know that all situations can be made better. I've saw it on this forum. It inspires me. It gives humanity a great lesson. Teaching from personal experience. Perhaps that is our purpose.

Reiki isn't some outside force. IMO, implying - without elaborating - about universal life force energy, can give this impression. Reiki is the product of a catalyst within you.

I havn't got any answers Jen. Let's keep talking anyhow. connecting with you brings something to my surface. I'm finding that very useful.

warmest wishes
    Wayne
    jen2174
    jen2174
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by jen2174 Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:15 am

Milarepa wrote:
    jen2174 wrote:

Warmest wishes
    WAyne

If Usui believed in 'highest good' , maybe. Because the Reiki experience is inextricably linked to the purest aspect of me, and you, often it is beyond our everyday consiousness. In a way, this can be classified in a basic way as our 'highest good'. It doesn't imply something out of our control. Rather, it is us who dictate the experience. Both consciously & sub-consciously.

In Reiki, very little is the same. Person to person. Look at this forum. Depending on the member, and depending on their precise point in life, will dictate their understanding of Reiki.

And each time often we are firmly held in our view. I'm the biggest example. For these vartiations to take place there must be some variables that are involved. It's hard to see what our soul (for lack of a better term) finds of use in our troubles. Can i say about myself. A one time drug addict. Gang leader. Convicted Armed Robber. Lead a life of crime & devastation for 13 years. Looking back, i can see how my personal troubles lead me to the pooint i am. I find it too hard though, and too painful, to see how my soul required everyone else to go through the pain i put them through. It makes me cry. Even right now. There has to be a point. A purpose. Else what is the point of anything. It's hard to believe this. It's hard to even type this. I'm resisting it even now. I dont know if there is anything after we die. So i'm concerned with here & now. I know that all situations can be made better. I've saw it on this forum. It inspires me. It gives humanity a great lesson. Teaching from personal experience. Perhaps that is our purpose.

Reiki isn't some outside force. IMO, implying - without elaborating - about universal life force energy, can give this impression. Reiki is the product of a catalyst within you.

I havn't got any answers Jen. Let's keep talking anyhow. connecting with you brings something to my surface. I'm finding that very useful.

warmest wishes
    Wayne

Wayne im sorry you are having a hard time. I feel the same way about life and whats out there. 911 upsets me very much being an American and never understanding the ouright cruelty but also how many people suffered and continue to suffer because of such an event. it makes you have no faith in this world whatsoever in anything.

I do however think that reiki is out there, and not inside of us. Its part of the universal flow of energy that is hooked to well being and we tap into this energy.
    they tell you never to try to heal yourself using your own energy or you will wear yourself out and deplete your own energy.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:51 am

Jen stated...I do however think that reiki is out there, and not inside of us. Its part of the universal flow of energy that is hooked to well being and we tap into this energy.
    they tell you never to try to heal yourself using your own energy or you will wear yourself out and deplete your own energy.

when we speak of Reiki we are refering to an
    innate healing system that uses each persons
    innate power. sunny

Jen you state in the above sentence that "they
    tell you never to heal yourself" I don't know
    who "they" are. I believe everyone heals themselves.
    Self healing is a lot of work.I did it and I never
    felt my energy deplete. It was the opposite. I gained
    strength physically,emotionally and spiritually. Had
    I left my healing in the hands of others I would not
    be typing this post today. flower
    jen2174
    jen2174
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by jen2174 Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:00 am

chi_solas wrote:
    Jen stated...I do however think that reiki is out there, and not inside of us. Its part of the universal flow of energy that is hooked to well being and we tap into this energy.

innate power. sunny

I dont understand why noone gets whati say. its like I speak a different language. what i meant was you are not supposed to use your own energy, meaning draw from your own energy of yourself to heal yourself because it depletes you. i went to a woman once who claimed to be doing reiki. she was taught wrong by her instructor and kept telling me she was using her own energy. at the end of it, she was very tired and exhausted. if you look it up, it says not to use your own energy as a healing tool, thats all i meant. reiki is different because you go on an outside source of energy that you tap into
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:06 am

jen2174 wrote:
    chi_solas wrote:

focus

I have deeply angry and failed issues with law of attraction so i dont want to use it. it has not worked ou for me. I have used reiki for hours before and while it helps me,it has never cured me of anything whereas ive heard its done wonders for people you say its about my attitude but ive been perfectlycalm using it, not thinking anything bad, and still find its limitations. You may have missed the point of the energy getting caught up in other beliefs, thats really what i posted about. it might be going over peoples heads

Hi Jen, I don't recall using the word attitude. scratch

Jen you state.....
    You may have missed the point of the energy getting caught up in other
    beliefs
    Can you clarify what you mean when you say this. study Does Reiki get stuck in its own lineage and energy? 850837
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:13 am

jen2174 wrote:
    chi_solas wrote:

innate power. sunny

I dont understand why noone gets whati say. its like I speak a different language. what i meant was you are not supposed to use your own energy, meaning draw from your own energy of yourself to heal yourself because it depletes you. i went to a woman once who claimed to be doing reiki. she was taught wrong by her instructor and kept telling me she was using her own energy. at the end of it, she was very tired and exhausted. if you look it up, it says not to use your own energy as a healing tool, thats all i meant. reiki is different because you go on an outside source of energy that you tap into

we get ya ok. It's told by others that we shouldn't use our own personal energy. The first thing with that is we should never assume anything as fact, simply on the basis others say so. Critical thinking is important. It's why this forum was formed.

Also, there is a difference between our own personal energy and what our purest aspect can create. We aren't just our physical body. Earlier a load of pasta & roasted veg made me feel tired, so my physical body went to sleep. Physical is easily effected.

Our spiritual core is less so easily effected. Save, for when we use Reiki in one way perhaps. There's folks in Reiki who dont see it as outside of us. But within us. Takata said 'it comes from within'. What 'it' is another question. Though she obviously meant something to do with Reiki, or it's process.

If ya get the time, read through topics on here. Maybe bout Nao hi, Sekai Tanden. Comments there might give an idea.

Sometimes answers are in plain sight. Though folks tell us things as fact simply cause they themselves dont know the answers. within a generation or two it becomes 'fact'. There's more going on in Reiki than many of us know. including me.

warmest wishes
    Wayne
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:50 am

jen2174 wrote:
    chi_solas wrote:

innate power. sunny

Jen I'm trying to understand what it is
    that you mean. above you wrote ......
    meaning draw you from your own energy of yourself to heal yourself because it depletes you.

Did you mean to say meaning draw from your own energy of yourself to heal someone else because it depletes you. study
    jen2174
    jen2174
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by jen2174 Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:56 am

Sorry if i have tore everyone up with my confusing talk. yes I meant that you use your energy, not reiki, to heal others you can be depleted.

chi_solas...if you re read my posts I explained about how energies contain attachments, or i feel they can contain attachments to certain people's beliefs. Its just my opinion though, since im into energy psychology.

Like for instance..we dont know that much about Usui and what he thought or did when he recieved the symbols. did he use his own religion and his limitations from that, to add to the reiki? he was a christian monk wasn;t he? or was it buddhist? see the story is confusing. I heard he travelled for twenty years, tried different places, and settled on a zen monestary

Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:35 am

Hi Jen

In my understanding, our bodies are infused with several different subtle energies such as various forms of ki and prana. Reiki practitioners, because of their initiations/attunements are able to emanate Reiki (which is present everywhere, inside and outside the body i.e. it is universal). I don't see Reiki as being the same as subtle energies - to me it is a spiritual phenomenon which is much subtler than those energies.

During a Reiki treatment, the Reiki practitioner,is able to emanate Reiki, which we can think of as like a glow (or light), which can then interact with the subtle energies and natural healing and repair mechanisms of the receiver to bring about a move towards balance on the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual levels.

Reiki treatments do not require any effort on the part of the practitioner other than the placing of hands on or near the recipient. Once the Reiki begins to emanate the practitioner really only needs to be aware of changes in sensation in their hands so that they know where to place them for optimal effect. It is important not to try to make the Reiki do something or to try to fix or cure someone - or become attached to outcomes - as that is when our own personal subtle energies may come into play as well as the Reiki and we are no longer giving a Reiki treatment but an energy treatment. Whilst our Reiki is always there when we need it, our subtle energies can become depleted and may need to be renewed through exercise, breathing or appropriate food.

Reiki provides the stimulus for the recipient's own system (energetic and physical) to return towards balance. As Reiki practitioners we are only there to provide that stimulus not to provide a cure. Personally, I find that a state of compassionate detachment is most appropriate for giving a Reiki session - we are happy and willing to help ourselves or another person (i.e. show kindness and offer the stimulus) but remain detached from specific results. That way, we do not deplete our own subtle energies.

According to his memorial stone, Mikao Usui studied many different religions and philosophies and incorporated ideas from several of these into his system of Usui Reiki Ryoho but this was in an effort to make Reiki practice accessible to as many people as possible, to enhance the system rather than limit it. Reiki itself has no limitations but Reiki practitioners can sometimes place limits on their own understanding of it.
    Smile
    queen of clean
    queen of clean

Post by queen of clean Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:44 pm

flower
    politics. politics. politics.
    Reiki is love beat L.O.V.E.

not romantic love ofcourse but... compassion/empathy/respect/dignity/honesty/faith/strength for self, humanity, and all conscious, living, breathing, life forms!!!!!. There is no religion to catch every thing up, religion is for those who need something out side themselves to believe in (no offence intended here)...to make my point I think Question How many wars have been started through religious beliefs?, terrorism?, lets not let reki start a war because we as a whole cannot accept that reiki just is, it cannot (in my opinion as I have not experienced it personally), make miracles,and no one can fully understand suffering, it is cruel and something most of us can not fully comprehend is this reiki"s fault? religion? God? or other Higher beings? I don't know, I'm not that fully evolved I guess, though I do know about depression and death and that to me is suffering...I take reiki in then and flow with it, no, reiki hasn't cured me of it but it certainly has made me stronger, I go into remission so to speak and I am grateful for that because I have a new understanding of myself each time. All religion has it's core belief that it's followers have in common, but even within all religion you will have individuals who question...How many people do you hear of that change religion to marry into another faith, what do they take with them? do they suddenly drop every ounce of their former religion? or do they adapt and merge the two faiths?
    In my opinion Usui took a little of everything learnt during his life and merged it all into reiki, symbols are a focus for those to better understand the energy of reiki, some people are visual, some are, verbal some tactile...I don't always use symbols, sometimes they get in the way, I prefer to just let reiki flow. There is no attatchment as far as I'm concerned, reiki just is
    I went through a doubting stage as some might remember my brother in law was dying with cancer I thought that reiki didn't work because he died even after countless distance reiki sent to him but I did'nt stop believing in my self or Steve or the love of his family, reiki held me together to share in this love this strenght to pull every one through, and I believe strogly that even though Steve died his passing was held within the love of his family and he didn't die alone. If Reiki comes with attatchments then let it be that...a strong belief in the power of love and inner strenth...
    There that's it.
    flower
    Remember people...love beat L.O.V.E
    queen
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:17 am

queen of clean wrote: flower
    politics. politics. politics.
    Reiki is love beat L.O.V.E.

not romantic love ofcourse but... compassion/empathy/respect/dignity/honesty/faith/strength for self, humanity, and all conscious, living, breathing, life forms!!!!!. There is no religion to catch every thing up, religion is for those who need something out side themselves to believe in (no offence intended here)...to make my point I think Question How many wars have been started through religious beliefs?, terrorism?, lets not let reki start a war because we as a whole cannot accept that reiki just is, it cannot (in my opinion as I have not experienced it personally), make miracles,and no one can fully understand suffering, it is cruel and something most of us can not fully comprehend is this reiki"s fault? religion? God? or other Higher beings? I don't know, I'm not that fully evolved I guess, though I do know about depression and death and that to me is suffering...I take reiki in then and flow with it, no, reiki hasn't cured me of it but it certainly has made me stronger, I go into remission so to speak and I am grateful for that because I have a new understanding of myself each time. All religion has it's core belief that it's followers have in common, but even within all religion you will have individuals who question...How many people do you hear of that change religion to marry into another faith, what do they take with them? do they suddenly drop every ounce of their former religion? or do they adapt and merge the two faiths?
    In my opinion Usui took a little of everything learnt during his life and merged it all into reiki, symbols are a focus for those to better understand the energy of reiki, some people are visual, some are, verbal some tactile...I don't always use symbols, sometimes they get in the way, I prefer to just let reiki flow. There is no attatchment as far as I'm concerned, reiki just is

I went through a doubting stage as some might remember my brother in law was dying with cancer I thought that reiki didn't work because he died even after countless distance reiki sent to him but I did'nt stop believing in my self or Steve or the love of his family, reiki held me together to share in this love this strenght to pull every one through, and I believe strogly that even though Steve died his passing was held within the love of his family and he didn't die alone. If Reiki comes with attatchments then let it be that...a strong belief in the power of love and inner strenth...There that's it.
    flower
    Remember people...love beat L.O.V.E
    queen

queen of clean, you have made many great points Cool
    I have bold printed the last part of your posting
    to point out that your brother in-law who was living
    with cancer and then died, was blessed by all who
    participated sharing Reiki with him. I have learned
    that folks receiving Reiki under such circumstances
    really benefit from the Reiki as it helps the person
    transition in a peaceful manner. Does Reiki get stuck in its own lineage and energy? 850837

queen of clean
    queen of clean

Post by queen of clean Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:26 pm

flower
    Very Happy
    queen

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:20 pm