Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+2
chi_solas
Milarepa
6 posters

Placing a Higher Value of Reiki

Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Placing a Higher Value of Reiki Empty Placing a Higher Value of Reiki

Post by Milarepa Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:20 am

Most in the Reiki community have heard, maybe drew conclusions, surrounding the $10,000 fee that Takata requested her Master candidates fulfill. Even by today's rates, people have remarked not only how huge that amount is, but also the potential reasons Takata charged it.

If we set aside her reasons for the moment, instead looking at ourselves and why we can get so hung up on something like fee's in Reiki we may uncover some surprises about ourselves.

Think back to your first ever Reiki course. Level one. Was it a nice experience? Great? Exceptional? Most of us are fortunate enough to agree, something along those lines. Still, might be a stretch to say that those few days would have been worth $10k. Though we're not talking about level 1 training are we? No, we're looking at Master level training fee's that Takata charged. The question should be, what value do you place on your teacher being able to share with you the Reiki experience?

For many in the Western world, they have just celebrated their yearly festive season. This is a festive season that even many independent thinking religious members believe is built, at least partly (if not wholly) on parable. As in fiction... This festive season is a time where huge amounts of money are spent on gifts that after some months will likely hold no personal value, or bring pleasure. How much did you spend? Not quite the $10k mark still though? I'm not hinting at solely last festive season though.

How long does one have the Reiki experience for? The rest of your life, yes! It's something that can be easily accessed, at our fingertips (or palms!), every single day. An experience that changes ones view of the world and everything in it. One that will promote health, vitality, inspiration, happiness-then-bliss, and dare i say it - our current evolutionary peak = self-awareness.

This tremendous gift, that lasts so long, can be used so many times, and won't go out of date and is exceptional experience. Just because it was easy to receive an initiation, and congregate with light-hearted people for a day or two, doesn't mean Reiki has no value. Even if we include the herbal tea and vegetarian meals.

We've looked at the obvious re: Reiki. It's out in the open. What about the obvious in your life? Your car, electronic goods, nightlife/social life, and those you pay for, or have ever subsidized. Festive seasons, birthdays, etc. Year after year after year. What about things like addictions, nicotine, sugar (as in chocolate, etc) and drugs. Clothes? In your life have you spent cash on new clothes, even designer wear? You're not comfortable with second hand clothes? How much have you spent in your entire life on clothes that you really didn't need to buy? Computers and their software? Training courses? What about all the food you have wasted, or the food of those around you you have let get thrown away? Your whole life.

And yet, there are issues with fees in something that can do so much as Reiki! Even Takata was flexible with the $10k fee. Some Master candidates only gave a few thousand dollars upfront, with the remainder two-thirds being provided for by organizing level 1 and level 2 classes for Takata. With that cumulative amount being took off the $10k fee. It was a long process at times. It did show the seriousness and commitment of the student though. Takata passed on a sound business strategy. By recruiting Master candidates that were able to organize classes to pay for their tuition, Takata ensured that within the style of Usui Shiki Ryoho, there were 22 Master students capable of organizing classes on an on-going business. This kind of student was essential in order for the style to grow, and indeed for you, to experience Reiki.

So what are we talking about? A lifetime of new cars, latest clothes, upgrades of computers, nice social life, wasting food. At least ten of thousands of dollars. For many hundreds of thousands of dollars. All on unnecessary items, and lifestyle.

Or, paying a fraction of that for something that is timeless. Priceless. life-changing and exceptional...
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Placing a Higher Value of Reiki Empty Re: Placing a Higher Value of Reiki

Post by chi_solas Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:57 am

Milarepa wrote:Most in the Reiki community have heard, maybe drew conclusions, surrounding the $10,000 fee that Takata requested her Master candidates fulfill. Even by today's rates, people have remarked not only how huge that amount is, but also the potential reasons Takata charged it.

If we set aside her reasons for the moment, instead looking at ourselves and why we can get so hung up on something like fee's in Reiki we may uncover some surprises about ourselves.

Think back to your first ever Reiki course. Level one. Was it a nice experience? Great? Exceptional? Most of us are fortunate enough to agree, something along those lines. Still, might be a stretch to say that those few days would have been worth $10k. Though we're not talking about level 1 training are we? No, we're looking at Master level training fee's that Takata charged. The question should be, what value do you place on your teacher being able to share with you the Reiki experience?

For many in the Western world, they have just celebrated their yearly festive season. This is a festive season that even many independent thinking religious members believe is built, at least partly (if not wholly) on parable. As in fiction... This festive season is a time where huge amounts of money are spent on gifts that after some months will likely hold no personal value, or bring pleasure. How much did you spend? Not quite the $10k mark still though? I'm not hinting at solely last festive season though.

How long does one have the Reiki experience for? The rest of your life, yes! It's something that can be easily accessed, at our fingertips (or palms!), every single day. An experience that changes ones view of the world and everything in it. One that will promote health, vitality, inspiration, happiness-then-bliss, and dare i say it - our current evolutionary peak = self-awareness.

This tremendous gift, that lasts so long, can be used so many times, and won't go out of date and is exceptional experience. Just because it was easy to receive an initiation, and congregate with light-hearted people for a day or two, doesn't mean Reiki has no value. Even if we include the herbal tea and vegetarian meals.

We've looked at the obvious re: Reiki. It's out in the open. What about the obvious in your life? Your car, electronic goods, nightlife/social life, and those you pay for, or have ever subsidized. Festive seasons, birthdays, etc. Year after year after year. What about things like addictions, nicotine, sugar (as in chocolate, etc) and drugs. Clothes? In your life have you spent cash on new clothes, even designer wear? You're not comfortable with second hand clothes? How much have you spent in your entire life on clothes that you really didn't need to buy? Computers and their software? Training courses? What about all the food you have wasted, or the food of those around you you have let get thrown away? Your whole life.

And yet, there are issues with fees in something that can do so much as Reiki! Even Takata was flexible with the $10k fee. Some Master candidates only gave a few thousand dollars upfront, with the remainder two-thirds being provided for by organizing level 1 and level 2 classes for Takata. With that cumulative amount being took off the $10k fee. It was a long process at times. It did show the seriousness and commitment of the student though. Takata passed on a sound business strategy. By recruiting Master candidates that were able to organize classes to pay for their tuition, Takata ensured that within the style of Usui Shiki Ryoho, there were 22 Master students capable of organizing classes on an on-going business. This kind of student was essential in order for the style to grow, and indeed for you, to experience Reiki.

So what are we talking about? A lifetime of new cars, latest clothes, upgrades of computers, nice social life, wasting food. At least ten of thousands of dollars. For many hundreds of thousands of dollars. All on unnecessary items, and lifestyle.

Or, paying a fraction of that for something that is timeless. Priceless. life-changing and exceptional...

excellent! I struggled at the beginning
    to charge a teaching/treatment fee. Reiki
    is free but the outcome from a Reiki session
    is priceless. The practitioners time is
    valuable along with the use of a comfortable
    space where the service to teach or provide
    Reiki sessions/treatments. sunny Placing a Higher Value of Reiki 850837
    Carina_NZ
    Carina_NZ

Post by Carina_NZ Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:31 pm

i personally would be happy to receive $10K for my contribution to setting someone on their reiki path.
    perhaps the $10k was $50 a week for 3.8 years - rather than a lump sum?
    my own 'thing' about this is that if that was the cost, i would not be a reiki teacher. and my own soul journey would not be being fulfilled - since this is VERY much a part of my journey.

i am reminded now, of people that have been on the reiki path and then moved away from it. that doesn't bother me, but i do find it interesting... like maybe they didnt 'get it' ? it really is all there is, a whole modality on it's own, that fits in with others very nicely.

setting the space is a HUGE part. there are many people who do not understand the importance and even those at do, in the midst of a crisis forget that they should sit in the space.
    also - the ongoing support, the sessions, the hands on learning, the theory, the reminders and healing that goes on further past the end of the clinical teaching - that too is priceless.
    Pachamama

Post by Pachamama Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:17 pm

I don't 'value' reiki in monetary terms, for me its value has nothing to do with financial gain.

I was working with someone recently, (A) she has had a tough old time health wise, during her toughest moments of receiving chemotherapy she had access to a Reiki practitioner, this practitioner was voluntary, and the Reiki she offered was so beneficial to A. After all her 'medical' treatments were finished and she went home she really missed the wonderful Reiki sessions she had been receiving. So she enquired in her local area for Reiki practitioners and found their fees far too high for her to have on a regular basis.

We were discussing fees and I told her I don't charge for Reiki..I said it's not all about altruism on my part, I said I get so much out of it myself, I feel honoured every time someone gives me the opportunity to step into that sacred space with them. It's not selfless on my part its actually quite selfish!! ahaha

There are plenty of practitioners out there who charge and if that works for them thats fine........but for me charging for offering Reiki to someone just doesn't gel at soul level. Thats just my way.

I often look at different Reiki practitioners websites and the variety in pricing is huge. I would say most keep ther fees down to a very reasonable level. But some charge ridiculous prices!!....and for me all that does is serve to appease the worried wealthy, and leave those of poor health and finances out of reach.

Charging extortionate fees for Reiki training creates 'spiritual elitism'... I don't think it sifts out those who genuinely want to learn, it just gives knowledge to anyone who has the cash to pay for it.

I wonder what went through Usui Sensei's mind on Mount Kurama? ' please please (God/buddha/etc) i'll give you ten grand if you only bless me with healing ability?' Laughing

~
    Just for today....don't take the piss out of people and charge ridiculous amounts for Reiki, don't make it too 'precious' that it can't be more accessible to those who really need it.
    Dharma
    Dharma

Post by Dharma Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:00 am

Heya Guys!

I like the fact she charged what she did for the master training, i feel and see her genuine excitement at the energy's potential, is it sad that it became ...diluted? I think not, but I do think we will see greater balance within the Reiki communities.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:53 am

Pachamama wrote:I don't 'value' reiki in monetary terms, for me its value has nothing to do with financial gain.

I was working with someone recently, (A) she has had a tough old time health wise, during her toughest moments of receiving chemotherapy she had access to a Reiki practitioner, this practitioner was voluntary, and the Reiki she offered was so beneficial to A. After all her 'medical' treatments were finished and she went home she really missed the wonderful Reiki sessions she had been receiving. So she enquired in her local area for Reiki practitioners and found their fees far too high for her to have on a regular basis.

We were discussing fees and I told her I don't charge for Reiki..I said it's not all about altruism on my part, I said I get so much out of it myself, I feel honoured every time someone gives me the opportunity to step into that sacred space with them. It's not selfless on my part its actually quite selfish!! ahaha

There are plenty of practitioners out there who charge and if that works for them thats fine........but for me charging for offering Reiki to someone just doesn't gel at soul level. Thats just my way.

I often look at different Reiki practitioners websites and the variety in pricing is huge. I would say most keep ther fees down to a very reasonable level. But some charge ridiculous prices!!....and for me all that does is serve to appease the worried wealthy, and leave those of poor health and finances out of reach.

Charging extortionate fees for Reiki training creates 'spiritual elitism'... I don't think it sifts out those who genuinely want to learn, it just gives knowledge to anyone who has the cash to pay for it.

I wonder what went through Usui Sensei's mind on Mount Kurama? ' please please (God/buddha/etc) i'll give you ten grand if you only bless me with healing ability?' Laughing

~
    Just for today....don't take the piss out of people and charge ridiculous amounts for Reiki, don't make it too 'precious' that it can't be more accessible to those who really need it.

Hospitals are offering it free
    here in the US no need for Reiki
    practitioner volunteers. They
    train their own Reiki practitioners. bounce sunny
    Pachamama

Post by Pachamama Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:15 pm

I think thats wonderful!!! cheers

so what kind of training is involved, as you say they train their own practitioners?

Naturepixie
    Naturepixie

Post by Naturepixie Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:00 am

Carina_NZ wrote:i personally would be happy to receive $10K for my contribution to setting someone on their reiki path.
    perhaps the $10k was $50 a week for 3.8 years - rather than a lump sum?
    my own 'thing' about this is that if that was the cost, i would not be a reiki teacher. and my own soul journey would not be being fulfilled - since this is VERY much a part of my journey.

I feel the same way...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 6:45 pm