Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

4 posters

Higher Self Or.......?

rzukic
    rzukic
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Higher Self Or.......? Empty Higher Self Or.......?

Post by rzukic Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:10 am

I thought I wouldn't share this but you all have been great and helpful and of course very knowledgeable so somebody might have similar experience and maybe wouldn't mind to put little more light on this.

Few months ago I got a call from Bosnia that my mother was in very critical condition and the Doctors gave her mostly 3 days left. It was already afternoon and the chances that I would be able to make it on time were rather very slim.

Finally I was able to get 10 day of FML and our agent was able to book flight for next day afternoon. My brother and sister joined me on the trip. Unfortunately we had some delay in Chicago and it was almost certain that we would miss our connecting flight in Germany.

While in the plain I though a lot about my mother. Whole life was playing in front of me. Than I laid back and “send” her a reiki (mentally). I wanted to see my mother alive so badly. And this is what I am not quite sure what happened. Did I fall a sleep or I drifted ...somewhere.. I do not know but I remember asking my higher self to help me and than I was offered a deal (in missing better word for this) “I would be helped but I should spread a word about Reiki” the idea that I have rejected way back)

Look I would do anything to see my mother alive and what the heck I accepted. Than as anticipated we have lost our connecting flight in Germany but than “miracle” happened. They put us on the next flight less than hour later.

We made it home some 26 hours later and luckily my mother was still alive but it seemed that she wasn't aware what was happening. My brother (also Reiki 3rd level) and I treated my mother that night and next day she was talking but couldn't recognize us. However, she was able to say all our names and where we were but she thought she was talking to somebody else.

One more day of treating and next day she was sitting and eating with her hands. During the 10 days of my stay her condition was changing and when I came back to Chicago, since I was very tired I went to bed and than I got a phone call that my mother passed away.

Few weeks later as I was driving for work, somehow the thought that I promised to start blogging about reiki came back (almost like I was reminded about it). My rational mind rejected the idea as a nonsense. I have perfect excuse. My usual work day is 10 hours and 12 or more are also very often. In addition to this it takes me almost 45 minutes driving each direction so I really do not have time for this.

In addition English is my fourth language how in the world should I be asked to start a blog??
    Finally my views about reiki are rather “radical” in the sense since I disagree with a lot of traditional staff such as:

1.The lineage: it seems to me that it is overstated. It seems to be more about power positioning than anything else. It somehow implies that if I am down the line my reiki isn't good and is somehow less valuable. Also I am looking for teacher who will give me the tools and show me the way but the journey should be mine alone. I want the teach who would encourage me to achieve more than he/she did and not to say that we never going to be good as he/she is.
    2.The symbols: I believe that we do empower the symbols and before that happen the symbols are just signs. But when we accept and empower them than they bring us so quickly to desired state of mind. I seen the power of anchor as thought in NLP and it is amazing that people can do things at will (let's say laugh)

Base on all above I rejected this again. But it kept coming back to me that I have promised and finally on March 2nd , 2010 I gave in and when I put my baby to sleep I literally within 2 hours registered domain, and put few posts/pages and wanted to leave it there. So thought I paid my debt. But than I am told that I am kind of cheating and I do not put any effort in this.

Finally to the question: Is this my higher self ..or what the heck is it?

Regards,

Resko
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Higher Self Or.......? Empty Re: Higher Self Or.......?

Post by Milarepa Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:19 am

thankyou for sharing this Resko. You've placed it in the proper section, but, we've got a very, very, special section in our 'healing experiences', called 'Reiki catalysts'. IMO, it's one of our most special sections. It's for very special expereinces, and i think your topic fits that perfectly. Do you mind if i move this topic to there?

I really enjoyed reading this post, and i'm gonna go back now and look at your blog in more detail. Smile
    rzukic
    rzukic
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by rzukic Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:23 am

Milarepa wrote:thankyou for sharing this Resko. You've placed it in the proper section, but, we've got a very, very, special section in our 'healing experiences', called 'Reiki catalysts'. IMO, it's one of our most special sections. It's for very special expereinces, and i think your topic fits that perfectly. Do you mind if i move this topic to there?

I really enjoyed reading this post, and i'm gonna go back now and look at your blog in more detail. Smile

Wayne,

Not at all.

Thank You
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:29 am

Moved. This section has unique guidelines, so i hope it doesn't interfere with your looking for other opinions, if it does, lemme know, and i'll move it back, Smile.

http://www.reikilearninglounge.com/reiki-catalyst-f9/section-guidelines-t421.htm
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:45 am

Higher Self Or.......? 63216 Powerful experience!!
    Thanks for sharing it. Your Mom
    got a peaceful crossing over. Higher Self Or.......? 850837
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by LightBody Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:48 pm

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:05 pm