Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

2 posters

Suppressed energy and questions for practiced Reiki practitioners

rungok
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Suppressed energy and questions for practiced Reiki practitioners  Empty Suppressed energy and questions for practiced Reiki practitioners

Post by rungok Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:26 am

So I was talking to my Massage Therapist yesterday and we got to talking about energy.

During that conversation, she mentioned that the reason I might be having problems forming connections to people is because when she was working on me she noticed that unlike almost everyone else she's worked on, my energy seemed almost 'empty' or 'cold' to her. I'm kinda new to this... okay absolutely new to this, but I'm willing to try to understand and learn. So I'm probably going to sound pretty ridiculous here, so please try to understand I have no idea how to explain it in a way that doesn't sound strange.

She explained it to me that people with talent for the spiritual, they usually have an energy she can feel while she was working on them, while those who don't seem pretty indistinct to her. She knows I've got some talent, but she describes it that it feels to her that I've got this energy buried or hidden in the background energy around me. There are times when I've been alert or engaged in something that she's felt that energy shift, but that's about all she was able to explain to me. She said it could be related to some of the bad history I've had in my life, but I feel mentally and emotionally that I've coped with those. I won't refuse the possibility that it's due to emotional or spiritual trauma.

Now, I've no idea if I'm doing this consciously or unconsciously. Is keeping my energy tied off/hidden/empty... bad for me? Even if it isn't bad, is there any way I can explore this situation more? Could a reiki healing session provide any kind of benefit bringing this energy out? (I only have a basic understanding of what reiki does, and have not had any professional look at me or do work on me so I'm not even sure if I'm in the right department here.)

Anyways, there's what's going on, I hope that I can get some information, help, or at least directions as to where to go if this isn't the right place.
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Suppressed energy and questions for practiced Reiki practitioners  Empty Re: Suppressed energy and questions for practiced Reiki practitioners

Post by Colin Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:02 pm

Hi rungok

Welcome to the Lounge! Smile

I am not going to comment about "tied off/hidden/empty" energy because that type of thing tends to be very subjective but I will say that Reiki sessions are often very helpful for bringing out the best in people. They not only help you to relax but can also help to bring the root cause of an issue to your attention (though whether you take note of that and act upon it is up to you Wink)

Many people go through life unaware of their full potential but being initiated into Reiki and practising Reiki regularly can lead to an awareness of your true nature and the great potential that brings. This is not a quick fix though and takes time and regular practice.

A Reiki session is usually cheaper than a Reiki course (and is always beneficial) so why not give a session a try and see if you think a Reiki initiation is something you would like to consider?

Smile

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 9:03 am