Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+10
Pandora
o0wabi-sabi0o
fshortt
Colin
thehungrycaterpillar
Dragonfly
chi_solas
Thaak
Milarepa
Rlei_ki
14 posters

concerning 'ULE'...

chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

concerning 'ULE'... - Page 3 Empty Re: concerning 'ULE'...

Post by chi_solas Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:05 am

Reiki is a system that uses ULE

Wayne are you saying that ULFE is bigger than Reiki/other healing energies? and we have yet to measure beyond the simplicity of the alternative healing modalities?

When I think about an apple as you protray it. I see the apple transfering its energy to the receiver. It would appear that all of ULFE rotates energy in different forms rotating as one experiences during the 4 seasons......
    (not these 4 seasons Salt, pepper, mustard and vinegar. ) Laughing

Wayne can you expand on this, I'm not quite sure were you going with this idea
    Why should Reiki not only be energy, but like all others things, be more than energy. Smile .
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:07 am

Reiki is a system that uses ULE

Wayne are you saying that ULFE is bigger than Reiki/other healing energies? and we have yet to measure beyond the simplicity of the alternative healing modalities?

When I think about an apple as you protray it. I see the apple transfering its energy to the receiver. It would appear that all of ULFE rotates energy in different forms rotating as one experiences during the 4 seasons......

Why should Reiki not only be energy, but like all others things, be more than energy. Smile .
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:18 am

chi_solas wrote:Reiki is a system that uses ULE

sure,Smile, everything around you is energy, right now, where you are sitting. If i asked you to describe the room you are in, to say 'energy' tells me little.

Likewise with Reiki, although it is energy, as all is, this tells folks little of what it also is.

when we look around, everythng is energy..and something more.

i'm using everyday examples of energy to show that only using the word energy to describe them is inadequate.

take care
    Wayne

Edit: only my opinion, it doesn't have to be right, Smile .
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:10 am

Milarepa wrote:
    chi_solas wrote:Reiki is a system that uses ULE

sure,Smile, everything around you is energy, right now, where you are sitting. If i asked you to describe the room you are in, to say 'energy' tells me little.

Likewise with Reiki, although it is energy, as all is, this tells folks little of what it also is.

when we look around, everythng is energy..and something more.

i'm using everyday examples of energy to show that only using the word energy to describe them is inadequate.

take care
    Wayne

Edit: only my opinion, it doesn't have to be right, Smile .

As I read your post the thought comes to mind, is it how we use the energy or change the energy that you are looking to describe? One person entering a room can change the whole atmosphere and you can feel if its negative or positive energy. As Reiki or body workers we tend to create a healing energy through paying attention to our symbols/precepts, crystals,tuning forks, hot rocks, water, prayers, visualizations and so on. The energy you feel walking through a desert may feel different than walking through the Botanic Gardens or along a sea shore. Of course you can be more descriptive of how the energy plays out in any place you find yourself.
    Thaak
    Thaak

Post by Thaak Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:34 am

Bridget what you describe is our ability to transmit.

An artist is able to transmit what he wants at will.

most of us just slam everyone around us, subconsciously, with whatever crap we are going through at the moment.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:45 am

Hehe, i'm not talking about any 'energetic feel' in any place. Smile . Or how we use energy. I can't use energy to change an apple to an orange. Reiki is what it is, whether one realises it or not. It's what is more fully describing something that should be made clearer, imo.

I can't say any better than i've already said. We type on a keyboard. It is energy, yet it is more = a keyboard.

Hydrogen has to be energy, yet it is more = a gas.

Every single thing in existence is energy, yet is more.

There's absolutely no reason that Reiki cannot be energy, yet something more. In line with the rest of known existence.

To say Reiki is energy, is as useful as describing a chair as energy. Most inferior description. Smile

Take care
    Wayne
    Thaak
    Thaak

Post by Thaak Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:12 am

Milarepa wrote:
    To say Reiki is energy, is as useful as describing a chair as energy. Most inferior description. Smile

Take care
    Wayne

And yet, I would say it is an absolutely sufficient description.

What I think you are trying to say is this.

Everything is energy, yet everything has its own individual frequency of said energy. It is the frequency that defines each "thing's" individuality. That includes Reiki.

Andy
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:24 am

Thaak wrote:
    Milarepa wrote:

Take care
    Wayne

And yet, I would say it is an absolutely sufficient description.

Andy

Ok, no probs, Smile . Say i pointed to an apple, and had no idea what it was, and asked you, what is that? How would you sufficiently describe that apple to me?

Same about water? Methane? Electricity? Stars?

You name it, everything in existence is described better, and more than the word 'energy'.

Thaak wrote:[
    What I think you are trying to say is this.

Everything is energy, yet everything has its own individual frequency of said energy. It is the frequency that defines each "thing's" individuality. That includes Reiki.

What i am saying Andy is, although everything may be energy, it is something beyond the description of 'energy'.

When a person askes 'what is Reiki', it's like asking, 'what is snow?' Same concept. If we say 'snow is energy that has it's own frequency', that still hardly explains properly what snow is. (feel free to replace snow for any other thing in existence)

To use a 'blanket' description that really applies to all in creation, doesn't specifically explain what any individual thing is.

Think about it, Smile .

take care
    Wayne

Edit: For typos.

Last edited by Milarepa on Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:11 am; edited 2 times in total
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:28 am

WHOA, You guys are all good,
    I can't keep up, This is totally FUN!!!!!

cheers

( exploding confetti containers!!!)

Keep it coming Guys & Girls....
    Thaak
    Thaak

Post by Thaak Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:33 am

I understand completely what you are saying Wayne.

However, I think you are thinking too much about it.

An apple is a very specific frequency of energy that allows me to taste a specific flavor, feel a specific texture, experience many other things specific to what an apple is. But ultimately an apple is energy at a low frequency, else it would not be a mixture of solids and liquids (some times maybe even gases, although I wouldn't want to eat a gaseous apple.)

I am energy. I am a different individualized frequency than you are. You define me by the name Andy Christian. Reiki Master Teacher. Colleague on a message board. Maybe even friend. Et. Al.

It is the definitions of things that create attachments and creates the problems we all face with trying to wrap our brains around this spirituality.

If we approach it from our heart, the definition of what the energy actually is doesn't matter anymore. Because through our heart, we can access that energy at any level we wish to, and fully experience it, and allow it to fully experience us.

Ultimately an apple is just that, energy. It just happens to be a highly individualized specific frequency of energy. That's it. There is no grander explanation for it.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:45 am

Thaak wrote:I understand completely what you are saying Wayne.

Are you sure it's not that folks think too little about it? lol! It's said Reiki is energy. Big deal. Everything is energy, that still doesn't tell what exactly Reiki is.

Thaak wrote:
    An apple is a very specific frequency of energy that allows me to taste a specific flavor, feel a specific texture, experience many other things specific to what an apple is. But ultimately an apple is energy at a low frequency, else it would not be a mixture of solids and liquids (some times maybe even gases, although I wouldn't want to eat a gaseous apple.)

Yeah, we're at the obvious bit bro. So, if we can assume then, as it's obvious, that all in creation can indeed be better described than energy vibrating at a certain rate. Where is the value with not being, or not wishing to, be as specific about Reiki?

Thaak wrote:
    It is the definitions of things that create attachments and creates the problems we all face with trying to wrap our brains around this spirituality.

Only if one indentifies it as theirs, can we be attached.

We need to identify what energy is more fully every single day. What food do you not like? What food do you like? Should we go eat some dog poo? It's only energy vibrating at a different rate, Smile.

Thaak wrote:
    If we approach it from our heart, the definition of what the energy actually is doesn't matter anymore. Because through our heart, we can access that energy at any level we wish to, and fully experience it, and allow it to fully experience us.

that's incorrect i feel, Smile . You can't absorb the energy of an apple unless you eat it. Or can you? Wink . And besides, the definition of Reiki can, in fact, deepen ones perception of Reiki.

Thaak wrote:
    Ultimately an apple is just that, energy. It just happens to be a highly individualized specific frequency of energy. That's it. There is no grander explanation for it.

You've just told me what everything in existence is. not what an apple specifically is.

Andy, if that was true, you & I have hit on how to school the world population of kids in one sentence bro.

If i never knew what an apple was, are you gonna suggest the above is the best way to decribe it to me? C'mon. Smile .

take care
    Wayne

Edit: Andy, every single day you, me, everyone go about there lives describing things in more detail than your above example. Just because people havn't thought about it, or are unwilling to say, does not mean, like the rest of creation, there's not a more detailed description than 'energy vibrating at different rates'.
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:48 am

Milarepa wrote:

Are you sure it's not that folks think too little about it? lol! It's said Reiki is energy. Big deal. Everything is energy, that still doesn't tell what exactly Reiki is.
    Maybe, since everything is energy and Reiki is energy then Reiki is everything? Wink

In an interview with the San Mateo Times on May 17th 1975, Mrs Takata says that Reiki was explained to her in the following way:

"Here is the great space, which surrounds us - the Universe. There is endless and enormous energy. It is universal.

It's ultimate source is the creator...it can stem from the sun or moon or stars, that science cannot prove or tell us yet. It is a limitless force. It is the source of energy that makes the plants grow...the birds fly.

When a human being has pain, problems, he or she can draw from it. It is an ethereal source, a wavelength of great power which can revitalize, restore harmony."

Mrs Takata further adds: "It is nature, it is God, the power he makes available to his children who seek it. In Japanese this is Reiki."

Is that specific enough for you about Reiki? Smile

Ai to Hikari
    Colin
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:52 am

At the chance of continuing to fail to show how useful going beyond 'energy' in our everday lives is, i'm pasting the page that has been essential in my own personal understanding, the latter half of the text is more relevant atm,Smile . (Colin, now we're getting somewhere..wasn't that hard, cheers bro)

BEYOND "UNIVERSAL ENERGY": DEFINING REIKI
    Copyright ©️ 2002/3 James Deacon

While the term "Reiki" is used to describe both the system of healing & spiritual development developed by Mikao Usui, and the therapeutic 'phenomenon' at the heart of the system, it is this latter - the 'Reiki' itself, rather than the system - that I wish to focus on here.

When it comes to the matter of a definition of Reiki, a commonly held view amongst Reiki practitioners, it seems, is: "don't think too much about it - Reiki is experiential - just do it.." - and of course, in one sense, this is true.

But, on the other hand, as the Shakyamuni Buddha is credited with saying: "With our thoughts we shape our reality".

So too, I would venture to suggest: "With our thoughts we shape our Reiki..."

Takata-Sensei's Explanation of Reiki:

When asked what 'Reiki' meant, Takata-Sensei frequently gave a very simplistic answer, along the lines of: Rei means 'Universal', and Ki means 'Energy'.
    [Yet it has been said on more than one occasion that this particular explanation was something that only came to prominence, probably during the latter 60's, to fit a more generalised 'frame of reference' of the people drawn to her as potential students]

However, in attempting to transmit a deeper understanding of the meaning of Reiki to her students, Takata-Sensei spoke of Reiki as:

"...a universal force from the Great Divine Spirit"

and

"...a cosmic energy to heal the ill..."*

and yet more specifically, as:

"God Power".

" It is not associated with any visible material being.", she said of it, "It's an unseen spiritual power that radiates vibration and lifts one into harmony. This power is incomprehensible to man, yet every single living being is receiving its blessings..."

[This interpretation of Reiki as: 'God Power' has lead many to the conclusion that, in giving the 'simplistic' interpretation: "...Rei means 'Universal', and Ki means 'Energy'...", Takata Sensei was actually using 'Universal' in the sense that many mystics have used it, i.e.: as being a contraction of: 'the Universal' - an alternative (and intentionally less religious) term for 'the Divine', ' the Numinous' or 'God''.]

The usual way in which Reiki Teachers tend to explain Reiki to new students, is to opt for the simplistic approach [generally a very good place to start] - the "Rei" part of the name being translated as "Universal" (though some do explain that in essence, it refers, more properly, to something Spiritual or Sacred, and can mean "Soul"), and "Ki", translated simply as "Life-Force Energy" (though a few mention that it also implies 'Spiritedness', 'Feelings', or the effect of energy in action.)

Some Reiki Teachers, seeking a middle ground between, on the one hand, the more ''Newtonian' / 'scientific' concept of 'Reiki as Energy', and on the other, the more 'Spiritual' concept of 'Reiki as the Power of God', express Reiki as: "Spiritually-influenced (or "Spiritually-guided") Life-Force Energy"; or even as "Charismatic Healing Radiance".

Others, seeking to play down the (I personally feel, undue) emphasis on the concept of 'Reiki as Energy', without necessarily using terminology implying 'Things of the Spirit', prefer to speak of Reiki as an 'Experiential Phenomenon'.

'Reiki' - in common Japanese usage:

In many modern Japanese-English dictionaries, the term Reiki, (written using the modern style kanji-pair) is given (in common usage) as meaning: 'Aura'.

'Reiki' can also refer to the 'Holy Atmosphere' one experiences at a Shrine, Temple Holy Mountain, or other sacred site.

And of latter years, probably due to the re-surgence of interest in the modality and its growing popularity - 'Reiki' (written using the 'traditional' or 'old style' kanji-pair) is beginning to appear in some modern Japanese-English dictionaries to denote the 'Healing Method'.

The Reiki Kanji themselves:

As a general guide, the meaning of a kanji-pair is derived from a synthesis of meanings of the individual kanji making up that pair; and so, the meaning of 'Reiki' is ultimately derived from meanings attributed to the individual kanji: 'Rei' & 'Ki'.

NOTE: We should always remember that the 'romanised' five-letter word: 'Reiki' is simply a transliteration of the Japanese, and just as in English where (for example) the words 'rite', 'write' and 'right' all have the same sound, so too in Japanese there are often many words that sound the same, yet are written in different kanji - and have very different meanings.

As distinct from 'Reiki' i.e. the spiritual/therapeutic 'phenomenon' associated with Usui-Sensei, there are also several other, un-connected, written forms of the double-syllable: 'rei-ki', each having their own distinct meanings - including: sacred ground or sacred precincts; established rule; cold, chill, cold weather, cold wave, cold air; & (electrical) excitation.

Here, obviously, we are concerned solely with the 'Rei' and 'Ki' kanji as used to denote 'Reiki' - the spiritual/therapeutic 'phenomenon'.

As is the nature of kanji in general, the kanji 'Rei' & 'Ki' can have many levels of meaning.

A linguist (or for that matter, a good academic Japanese-English Dictionary) will explain that -

'Rei' encapsulates/refers to:

The Divine, the Numinous
    The Mysterious
    The Supernatural
    A supernatural Being or Spirit
    The Spiritual nature
    Luminosity of the spirit; the luminosity of a God or Sage
    Charisma, charismatic power
    Inconceivable spiritual ability
    The Soul
    Something Pure, Unpolluted
    Bright, Clear
    Goodness
    Something wonderful; a wonder
    Excellence, Efficacy
    A shaman, a person or being with spiritual or supernatural powers
    A rainmaker, a diviner

'Ki' primarily encapsulates/refers to:

Heart
    Mind
    Influence
    Spirit (in the sense of 'Spiritedness')
    Feelings

and also:
    Will
    Intent
    Invisible life-force
    Vital Energy
    The generative forces of Heaven & Earth
    The material force of the Universe
    Air
    Breath
    Steam (the kanji for 'ki' implies steam rising from a covered pot of rice cooking over a fire, with the lid of the pot being lifted by the steam.)
    The effect/result of energy being expended

Reiki as 'Energy' or ...

When we speak of Reiki in terms of 'energy', what do we understand by this - many have a perception akin to that of electricity flowing through a wire, to others it may be one of 'emoting' or motivating force, yet others still will hold a perception of 'Love'.

As mentioned, Takata-Sensei also referred to Reiki as 'God Power' - something Spiritual or Sacred.

It is commonly expressed that "Reiki has its own Intelligence" - that it is "Spiritually-influenced" or "Spiritually-guided".

Would this not put it more in the category of 'Energy-Presence' or 'Energy-Sentience'?

Since the latter part of the 19thC, when metaphysical, mystical, and spiritually minded people began to adopt a 'more scientific' vocabulary in which to attempt to express their conceptualisations, it has been a common (and often unconscious) practice to substitute terms such as 'energy', 'energies', 'vibrations', etc. for supposedly 'less scientific' terms such as Spirit, Spirits, Presences, etc

So just where does 'Energy' end and 'Spiritual Entity' or 'Presence' begin?

Depending on the given context, the word Reiki can be used to suggest a Spirit, an Aura - even, in certain cases, to refer to the influence of a Ghost or Ancestral Spirit.

The manifestation of some form of Numinous Being or Presence is a common concurrence with instances of kantoku (visionary mystical experiences) or satori (lesser-enlightenments) in Japanese Culture.

The following is an extract from the writings of Morihei Ueshiba - the founder of the Spiritual Discipline and Martial Art: Aikido - describing his 'satori'-like mystical experience out of which the art of Aikido was created:

"Then in the spring of 1925, if I remember correctly, when I was taking a walk in the garden by myself, I felt that a golden Spirit sprang up from the ground, veiled my body and changed my body into a golden one.

At the same time my mind and body turned into light. I was able to understand the whispering of the birds, and was clearly aware of the mind of God, the Creator of this Universe..."

Now, in the account of Usui-Sensei's experience on Mt. Kurama, recorded on his monument, it states:
    "One day he went to Kurama Yama on a 21-day retreat to fast and meditate. At the end of this time, he suddenly felt a great Reiki over his head and received spiritual insight into the Reiki healing method..."

"...a great Reiki over his head..." - this is usually interpreted as meaning he felt 'Reiki energy' but it may in fact be simply stating that he had a kantoku visionary experience of a great (in the sense of 'important') Spirit over his head. A vision of, as Takata-Sensei put it 'God Power' - the Power of God - what in western terminology we might refer to as the 'Holy Spirit' - an 'energy' in the sense of a Numinous Being (in the Japanese conceptual view, possibly: a kami, butsu, or bosatsu) rather than 'energy' in our Newtonian understanding of the term.

So, while the commonly-held perception of Reiki may well be that of Healing Energy - possibly even 'Spiritually-influenced' or 'Spiritually-guided' Healing Energy, perhaps it may help to deepen the quality of our connection if we allow ourselves to perceive Reiki - not so much in terms of a 'Universal Energy' - as in terms of a 'Universal Spiritual Presence' - a 'Holy, Healing, Spirit Presence'.

In this perception, Reiki as a system can truly be claimed to be a system of Spiritual Healing - a charism - a 'Gift of the Spirit'.

_________

Note:

*It seems that in hearing Takata-sensei speak of Reiki as a "...a universal force from the Great Divine Spirit" and '... a cosmic energy...' , many of her students took this to mean that Reiki - as an 'energy' - was something outside of ourselves: something 'out there' - beyond us. Something we 'channeled', rather than something arising within us. And this is the understanding these students passed on to their own students.

However, this idea of Reiki as being something external is perhaps only part of the truth...

In a diary entry dated Dec. 10 1935, Takata-sensei wrote about Reiki being:

"...Energy within oneself " - and also about how we must "...meditate to let the "Energy" come out from within."

Concerning the "Energy" she said: "It lies in the bottom of your stomach about 2 in. below the navel."

Source: http://www.aetw.org/reiki_def.html

Edit: For Typos
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:55 am

It's my understanding that Takata's teaching/ meanings changed depending on her audience at different time periods.

At present my experience with the Reiki system is different than
    that of others we are all different and our Reiki ULFE experiences
    are different not everyone believes in a God/Gods of whatever names
    people want to use. Like the different vibrations some folks are at
    a different plane level others have not opened up to certain levels.
    When I read Rand.Stein,Baginski,Amador and many others I find their
    comments interesting but I still rely on my own personal experiences
    to determine what it is that I believe within the realm of Reiki.Some
    folks are content with being Reiki. Connecting with the Reiki concept....

We seek to explain everything because we have mistaken the answer for the question. Just Be Reiki. Then you are the answer. It is not something that you "know" It is something that you are and always were.....
    from the writings of Vincent Amador
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:26 pm

chi_solas wrote:It's my understanding that Takata's teaching/ meanings changed depending on her audience at different time periods.

Well, Takata sensei was a Reiki teacher for approx. 50 years. More than you & I combined. Perhaps it's not as much Takata sensei's teaching changed, but students perceptions, and memory.

However, Takata sensei was like any good teacher. In that she was able to recoqnise ways in which it was useful to get across concepts she was teaching, at the students level. She was though, quite consistent on what Reiki is. Smile .

chi_solas wrote:
    We seek to explain everything because we have mistaken the answer for the question. Just Be Reiki. Then you are the answer. It is not something that you "know" It is something that you are and always were.....
    from the writings of Vincent Amador

Thing about the above quote i find interesting... For a man who seems to be advising against explaining things in Reiki, he wrote a heck of a lot of material explaining his own version of things, Laughing .

If Vinny was saying here to only experience Reiki, i'd disagree, based on my experience both ways. there's immense value in researching all aspects of Reiki, and seeking to understand it logically. I'm no expert on this at all, barely scratched the surface, but i know the added depths it's brought me. And it's plain to see in others. Even on forums. The way our attitudes,ideas,concepts, phrases used, have changed, show an obvious deepening of things.

So many of us on Reiki4All grew so much because we tried to think outside the box, question the commonly held beliefs, and brainstormed, that maybe, there's deeper meanings to what we all collectively think. Let's keep it going here, Smile .

Besides, some would say there's two main roads to enlightenment within spirituality. One is the expereintial way, the other is the intellectual way. Didn't a certain someone, after years of study, go to Kurama Yama, practice a rigorous spiritual practice, and recieve a vision of the divine.

There's no reason why expereintal and intellectual paths can't co-exist within Reiki. And every reason why they should. Smile

Take care
    Wayne
    Thaak
    Thaak

Post by Thaak Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:25 pm

Milarepa wrote:

Maybe, since everything is energy and Reiki is energy then Reiki is everything? Wink

[/quote]

I'm sorry Wayne, but I'm going to have to agree to disagree with you here.

I don't believe we need an explanation more than we already have.

My reason for this is that the more we try to define things, the less we approach things with our heart. The more we try to approach things with our intellect, the further we are away from actually understanding it.

It goes to the trust and surrender thing I keep talking about.

Part of the shamanic training I'm taking includes something called Anyi, which is called reciprocal exchange. Through reciprocal exchange I don't just sense a thing.

Lets take the apple for example:

I don't just see the apple, smell the juicy yumminess, taste the delectable sweet nectar, feel a dribble down my chin and the soft yet course fruit masticate between my molars, feel the heat of digestion start as the apple slides into my stomach, and enjoy the slight boost in energy as my body begins to incorporate it into my cellular feeding process.

Through Anyi, which is reciprocal exchange, I become the apple. I become the scent. I become the flavor. I become every part of that apple, and the apple becomes every part of me. I revel in the delicious exchange. It is only through this process that I can truly understand what an apple really is. And it has nothing to do with defining it in words or with intellect.

Now to say that I have become good at this sort of thing would be wrong of me to say. I've only had tastes of this kind of exchange, and those tastes have been fleeting.

But I do know that the more we try to define things with intellect, the less we will get closer to true understanding. We must surrender and realize there are some things better left experienced rather than known.

Andy
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:59 pm

I am energy. I am a different individualized frequency than you are. You define me by the name Andy Christian. Reiki Master Teacher. Colleague on a message board. Maybe even friend. Et. Al.

Andy, I went to a meditation exercise workshop where the meditaion teacher did 4 wonderful meditation around the heart. One from the sunrise ,one from the child in your heart, one on the child in your heart-garden and one on the flower growing in your heart. Her Indian guru was Sri Chinmoy, here's one of his heart meditations
    The flower meditation....
    Imagine that you are deep,deep inside yourself, deep in your heart, where everything is dark & silent. Feel that you are a seed deep within the earth,
    in the darkness of silence, deep in the protection of the earth.Now feel that
    some warmth is bathing you from above, and you start to grow towards the warmth , unfolding and growing, slowly expanding yourself, yearning for the source of this warmth...pushing against the resistance of stones and clods of earth ... growing, unfolding,stretching,reaching,yearning upwards suddenly you burst forth from the dark earth into the sunlight and feel warmth and light streaming down from above.You grow and unfold stretching upwards to the sun,to the warmth,to the light,to the blue sky.
    now feel a bud forming at the tip of your stem. The bud is tightly folded, its petals all unfurl.Now slowly it begins to open petal by petal, opening to the warmth,to the light, to the sun. Now remember that this flower is inside your heart and imagine that as the petals unfold they fill your heart and your entire being.Imagine your entire body is filled with the beauty and fragrance of this flower.
    Now imagine the gentle breezes of the meadow wrafting the fragrance of your heart flower to all corners of the meadow...then in all directions ...to the corners of the earth The fragrance of your heart flower is touching all different places on earth, subtly and invisibly touching people with a breath of peace and love.
    Thaak
    Thaak

Post by Thaak Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:19 pm

thank you Bridget, that is beautiful. I'll give that a try the next time I am meditating.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:52 pm

Thaak wrote:
    I'm sorry Wayne, but I'm going to have to agree to disagree with you here.

I don't believe we need an explanation more than we already have.

Hi Bro,
    If your Shamanic experiences lead you to not feel there's any use in exploring things in more detail, that's your right bro, Smile . What i can say, is that there is a deeper explanation to what Reiki is besides 'energy'. Same as many other things within Reiki. It's in the public domain, one just has to search for it.

Like i mentioned before, the intellect has been known to be the other road to englightenment...

Jnana Yoga, the most difficult of the four paths, Jnana Yoga is the yoga of inner wisdom and knowledge and enlightenment, requiring tremendous strength of willpower and intellect.

Applying the philosophy of Vedanta (see Yoga Vedanta) the Jnana Yogi uses his mind to explore his own nature.

Or we could use the Islamic belief that enlightenment is based on faith & science.

Or, the Age of Enlightenemnt/Age of Reason, is all about philosophy, and most certainly is useful to one's spirituality, and understanding of the world, cosmos. To quote Immanuel Kahn's motto for enlightenment "Sapere aude!" or "Dare to know."

Or, Narayana Guru, was a poet, philosopher, who is beleived to have attained enlightenment after years teaching several languages, scriptures of different religions and Yoga.

Last but definitely not least, didn't a certain Usui sensei be blessed by his mystical experience in which he saw the sutra he had been studying? I'd go as far as to suggest we wouldn't even have Reiki, only for Usui sensei being as learned as he was.

For some bro, there's much to be gained with intellectually seeking things, and expereintal spirituality combined. Smile .

Of course, first one must wish to go explore that which they think they already know.

take care
    Wayne

Last edited by Milarepa on Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki
    Senior member/Forum Promoter

Post by Rlei_ki Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:46 pm

Thaak wrote:

Everything?
    - including the very 'dis-ease' (physical, psychological and / or spiritual) we seek to transform through by interacting with Reiki?

Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki

concerning 'ULE'... - Page 3 Empty concerning ULE

Post by Rlei_ki Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:59 pm

Is Reiki 'energy'?

Everything is Energy.
    Yet energy is Nothing
    - without 'Pattern'.
    It is 'Pattern' which gives energy
    Meaning & Form,
    & Influencing Expression
    in the Flow Of Life...

silent
    Thaak
    Thaak

Post by Thaak Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:28 pm

Rlei_ki wrote:Is Reiki 'energy'?

Everything is Energy.
    Yet energy is Nothing
    - without 'Pattern'.
    Meaning & Form,
    & Influencing Expression
    in the Flow Of Life...

silent

Well said.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:09 am

Wayne, the best enlightenment comes from within each individual. Each individual needs are different. I read and digest and when I read I note that when Vinney, and others write they write as though their way is the right/ only way.That is not to say that what they share through their writings is not valuable information. When I got in touch with myself I connected with my own power to heal me. I did not need to know intellectually how the cells in my body worked, in fact I believe that had I had that information, I would have been on overload and not explored the path I chose and given my power over to DR's. Usui shared his healing with others and set up a Reiki system to guide others to use ULFE. This energy that Usui stumbled on was already in the works. I really don't need to go searching. Dr Weil did go searching for the shaman, his personal experience of his travels lead him back home where he found the shaman he was looking for. Any time I do Reiki, meditate, or just be in touch with nature I know that for me I am at peace, balanced and in harmony with the earth and the different energies it offers. My search for the answers to my childhood questions, where is God ? How did he come into being? I may be close to the answers, I may need to be on a higher plane level that is yet to come to experience deeper the lives I may have lived before and that I am back here on earth to learn the lessons not completed in the past. Sorta like this forum we have moved from Reiki4 to Reiki Learning Lounge there's a different atmosphere one of acceptance less dis-cord that comes from our learning experiences and wanting to be one with other Reiki Practitioners/alternative healers. Thankyou Wayne for giving us the opportunity to regroup, learn, and challenge our own thoughts as we move along this Reiki path cheers Basketball
    I look forward to other folks feeling comfortable to ask questions, join in and express their ideas.
    [quote]

Where is God ?

Two little boys, ages 8 and 10, were excessively mischievous. They were
    always getting into trouble and their parents knew all about it.

If any mischief occurred in their town, the two boys were probably
    involved.

The boys' mother heard that a preacher in town had been successful in
    disciplining children, so she asked if he would speak with her boys.

The preacher agreed, but he asked to see them individually. So the mother
    sent the 8 year old first, in the morning, with the older boy to see the
    preacher in the afternoon.

The preacher, a huge man with a booming voice, sat the younger boy down
    and asked him sternly, "Do you know where God is, son?"

The boy's mouth dropped open, but he made no response, sitting there
    wide-eyed with his mouth hanging open.

So the preacher repeated the question in an even sterner tone, "Where is
    God?"

Again, the boy made no attempt to answer. The preacher raised his voice
    even more and shook his finger in the boy's face and bellowed, "Where is
    God?"

The boy screamed and bolted from the room, ran directly home and dove
    into his closet, slamming the door behind him.

When his older brother found him in the closet, he asked, "What
    happened?"

The younger brother, gasping for breath, replied, "We are in BIG trouble
    this time,"

"GOD is missing, and they think we did it!
    Spell check??
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:30 am

Rlei_ki wrote:Is Reiki 'energy'?

Everything is Energy.
    Yet energy is Nothing
    - without 'Pattern'.
    Meaning & Form,
    & Influencing Expression
    in the Flow Of Life...

silent
    Beautifully put, James! Is that your own words?
    Smile

Further to your previous post, as to whether, if Reiki is energy and everything is energy then Reiki is everything, does that include the very dis-ease we seek to interact with in Reiki:

Maybe it is! Smile

Since Chi_solas has suggested others contribute their ideas too...
    Here is a theory for discussion:
    If you include the concept of patterns of energy, which could be said to be specific groups of frequencies of energy, then a dis-eased area could be a disrupted pattern of energy, which is no longer vibrating (for want of a better term) at its optimal frequency to maintain its original form and function.

Reiki as a harmonising energy (as Takata called it) has the ability to restore disrupted patterns back to their optimal vibratory rate. This may happen on its own, over a period of time, because of the indigenous or surrounding Reiki but the process may be accelerated by the presence/intention(?) of a Reiki practitioner. Both of these will, of course depend upon the severity of the disruption and how much time is available.
    Just a thought... Smile

Ai to Hikari
    Colin
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:36 am

chi_solas wrote:Wayne, the best enlightenment comes from within each individual. Each individual needs are different.

For sure, Smile. Although, as i've shown, there's many spiritual fields (and examples of it's benefit) that deal with the intellect. So, we certainly shouldn't attempt to portray spiritual study, as the wrong thing to do, as you say, individual needs are different.

Thing is, when a person studies or discovers something intellectually, that is of a spiritual nature, it can invariably deepen their experiential aspect of spirituality. Much like sitting down to meditate, studies of spiritual aspects can be catalysts for deeper understanding. This is why many folks study, search, explore.

Just because a person doesn't wish use that avenue, or doesn't beleive it's value, doesn't mean it's not rewarding. Smile .

chi_solas wrote:
    Thankyou Wayne for giving us the opportunity to regroup, learn, and challenge our own thoughts as we move along this Reiki path cheers Basketball

No, thankyou Bridget for comeing here, and sharing your views, Smile. Alternate views on a forum makes a forum more active. It's certainly not about being 'right', well i hope this forum isn't (hehe), but a exchange of opinions that is healthy, and beneficial.

Take care
    Wayne

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:59 pm