Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+10
Pandora
o0wabi-sabi0o
fshortt
Colin
thehungrycaterpillar
Dragonfly
chi_solas
Thaak
Milarepa
Rlei_ki
14 posters

concerning 'ULE'...

Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki
    Senior member/Forum Promoter

concerning 'ULE'... - Page 4 Empty Re: concerning 'ULE'...

Post by Rlei_ki Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:05 am

Colin wrote:
    Beautifully put, James! Is that your own words?
    Smile

Oh, most definitely - I can always tell the difference between my own words, and those of the strange voices in my head - they tend to say things like Kill Kill KILL! (oops, er, just pretend I didn't mention that)

Laughing

Since Chi_solas has suggested others contribute their ideas too...

Well, yes that would seem to tie in with the intended purpose of a Forum:

Forum: n. pl. -rums or -ra a meeting place, or medium, for open discussion

Smile

Just a thought...

just a thought?

According to Shakyamuni Butsu: "With our thoughts we shape our reality"

and thus, by extension: "With our thoughts we shape our Reiki..."

Well, it seems that somewhere between writing this post and hitting 'send' I managed to delete a considerable portion of it.
    I don't recall exactly what I had written (no doubt it was highly insightful and profound Laughing Suspect )

Note to self: read what you have written, after you have posted it Rolling Eyes
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:06 am

Oh, most definitely - I can always tell the difference between my own words, and those of the strange voices in my head - they tend to say things like Kill Kill KILL! (oops, er, just pretend I didn't mention that)

Laughing

...and You are so funny!! Very Happy

Note to self: read what you have written, after you have posted it Rolling Eyes

That happened to me too..
    Razz
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki

Post by Rlei_ki Thu May 21, 2009 1:44 am

thehungrycaterpillar wrote:That happened to me too..

that happened to me three Smile
    fshortt
    fshortt

concerning 'ULE'... - Page 4 Empty Note on a topic mentioned early on in the thread

Post by fshortt Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:52 pm

Just wanted to input some info on a topic mentioned early on in this thread...Concerning many or one god.
    I will only speak from what i know, growing up in Norway and with grandparents who taught me their ways - from the norse traditions going back in my family.
    Names were of great importance in the old ways, and someone mentioned the days of the week. Well the days of the week in norwegian are still the same as back in the day of "many gods":
    Tysdag or Tirsdag (Eng.: Tuesday) = is the day of Ty/Tyr - son of Odin
    Onsdag (wednesday) = Odins day (The Father of the Gods)
    Torsdag (Thursday) = Thor's day - Odins Son
    Fredag (friday) = Frei or Freia's day - Odins wife or brother in law Smile (it is thought, odin had a few kids with different gods. the most known wife of Odin is Frigg)
    Lordag/Lørdag (Saturday) = Loke's day - Loke son of Odin also the trickster of the gods as he was mixed with both the two clans of gods (Light and Dark)
    Sondag/Søndag (Sunday) = The Son's day/The Sun's day - this is a reference to Baldur the son of Odin and the Sun God - the brightest shining of all the Gods, The whole universe agreed to not harm him, yet the mistletoe was forgotten. Loke tricked one of the Gods to shoot an arrow made of mistletoe at Baldur - and he died. For this Loke was punished for eternity.
    Mandag (Monday) = Man's day. Smile (as in humankind and all of middle earth)

Monday is the First day of the week, but i saved it for last as it is our day.

Ok, now for the even more off topic part.
    In understanding, at least the Norse Pantheon (gods), Odin is understood to be the All-Father, meaning the father of the Gods. However this is referred to the Æsir (the "lightside" gods) as the Joutun (the "darkside" gods) are not concidered Odin's children.
    there is also a third clan of Gods that the Æsir had a peace-deal so to speak (also concidered "lightside" gods) they were called the Vanir.

But behind all this, before the creation of the Gods, Smile
    there was "nothing" called the abyss (and other names) from here sprang the universe and its power came from nothingness.
    From the this great no-thing, all things came into being.

Odin had two brothers "Vilje" and "Ve" (which also means will and its hard to translate Ve but maybe action/intelligence...)
    the three structured the universe as we have today (they created middle-earth - the domain of man)...
    Odin, Vilje & Ve are concidered the three powers of the univers. together they created life. Vilje & Ve formed the universe and Odin blew life into the creation and into the first humans.
    but...They had parents Smile

Basically the gods are different powers emanating from the source, each God/Pattern or budle of power has a specific domain of influence.
    In a way it can relate to the frequencies that you discussed in the thread. all being ULE, but each having a characteristic effect on life etc.

hope this input wasn't too off target, and you got something out of it.

be well

f
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:56 pm

Well that brought back memories of my old
    parochial school days when taught that...
    Thou shalt not have strange Gods before me.” sunny

Here in the US Sunday is the first day of the week.
    yet it's also considered a "week end day" Sleep

No matter what God's we aspire to Reiki is a non-
    religious format although some folks do include it
    as part of their religious beliefs. In the end result
    no matter what we believe, ULFE works for those
    who embrace its energies. bounce

sunny
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:39 am

fshortt wrote:Just wanted to input some info on a topic mentioned early on in this thread...Concerning many or one god.

The many or one god thing is simply a matter of different cultures creating their own way to expereince something, in a specific way. Much like they prepare food different.

fshortt wrote:
    Basically the gods are different powers emanating from the source, each God/Pattern or budle of power has a specific domain of influence.
    In a way it can relate to the frequencies that you discussed in the thread. all being ULE, but each having a characteristic effect on life etc.

hope this input wasn't too off target..

No, i don't think it's too off target myself, hehe. I'm interested to see how this all ties into Reiki for you though, Smile .

I can appreciate the myriad of norse Gods, and the sugestion in some ways they emulate ULE. Where though, does Reiki tie into this?

If one looks closely at the system of Reiki, from the initiation, to the way we expereince it, it's quite unique. and sets itself apart, quite distinctly, from many other ways that more openely say they access ULE.

The term 'universal' has to be surely inaccurate also. Reiki can be a catalyst to destroy countless millions of lifeforms, that's not universal. More human centred, Smile .

Something i ponder over.. (general comment to all coming) When something is passed on in a pretty unique way, and accessed in a pretty unique way, and the expereince remains pretty unique (compared to other paths), how then, does that make any part of it less unique, and more 'universal'. I find that kinda ironic, hehe.

take care
    Wayne
    fshortt
    fshortt

Post by fshortt Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:47 am

how this ties in with reiki?
    Simple, it doesn't. hehe
    a completely different system etc Smile

f
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:51 am

short and to the point Frank, hehe, many thanks, Smile .
    fshortt
    fshortt

Post by fshortt Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:16 am

sorry did i call it a different system, well its not another energy healing system or whatever either,
    more a way of understanding the phenomenon around you Smile so its another beliefe system, nothing more hehe

just didn't want to be misleading anyone in thinking there was norse reiki Haha! or Runic Reiki....Oooops i think i did come across one of those at one time, still makes me laugh (no disrespect to anyone)

by the way, great to be back Smile

f
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:17 am

good to have you here Frank!
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki

Post by Rlei_ki Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:18 am

fshortt wrote:
    just didn't want to be misleading anyone in thinking there was norse reiki Haha!

"Norse Reiki" ?

Hmm, interesting...

I think I'll just go out for a while...

I wonder, where's the nearest Patents Office, and just how long does it take to register a Trademark ?

Kerrchiinngg!

Laughing
    fshortt
    fshortt

concerning 'ULE'... - Page 4 Empty Norse Reiki

Post by fshortt Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:06 am

LOL

James, you make me laugh.... can't wait for the site to come up

f
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:15 pm

Pandora wrote:

Some people ask that very question and have come to the conclusion that we don't, that we can access our own healing simply by asking. Personally I've not found that's possible.

Totally agree. All healing isn't Reiki. I feel this is where the confusion comes in, and it's partly to do with folks saying Reiki is ULFE. Dear God, ULFE is in a dog and myself, doesn't make me a dog. ULFE is much too generic a term, for something so specific as Reiki. It's this generic term that inacurately leads one to assume Reiki is all, and all is Reiki.

What makes Reiki so unique is that in such a very short time, we can access our divine spark. This can take years otherwise. And, certainly isn't a common expereince. I'd wager, by & large, folks whom say they can access their own healing are either: Already got the gift of doing so (not that common really), are using techniques such as QT, or Qigong for example, or lastly, are actually traceable to Reiki, and it's Reiki doing it!

Course, Reiki is always us accessing our own healing anyhow. It's our divine spark, Smile.

Take care
    Wayne
    o0wabi-sabi0o
    o0wabi-sabi0o

Post by o0wabi-sabi0o Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:30 am

Chris:

I didn't mean it was Kundalini Reiki in that sense. I mean that that method of applying Reiki is a Kundalini technique, not an Usui Reiki technique.

But, as I've said here before, "God has no hands but your hands". As Reiki is there for human beings, surely it makes sense that it is mediated via a human being, and not one of the spiritual beings

If it's here "for human beings" and it makes sense that it's mediated via a human being, then why passively? Why does it know where to go ONLY once we direct it to that person? If it's inherently "intelligent energy" and works for the highest good then it would regulate itself entirely, no?

Why do we need to be the medium? Some people ask that very question and have come to the conclusion that we don't, that we can access our own healing simply by asking. Personally I've not found that's possible.

I ask that question based on the assumption that Reiki is "intelligent" and goes where it's needed no matter what. If that is true why do we need to heal ourselves, either? Reiki is all around us, inside of us, why is the world not already perfect on this level then?

Wayne:

Dear God, ULFE is in a dog and myself, doesn't make me a dog. ULFE is much too generic a term, for something so specific as Reiki. It's this generic term that inacurately leads one to assume Reiki is all, and all is Reiki.

Reiki is something you truly have to experience to understand. It refers to an "energy" (for lack of a better term) inherent in all things in our Universe: you, a dog, a pebble, the earth, the air between all these objects, the Universe itself. It's the "energy" that feeds the systems that run the Universe on a most basic level in order for them to work effectively.

Dear God, ULFE is in a dog and myself, doesn't make me a dog.

Blood is in a dog and it is in myself, that does not mean I'm a dog.

Or does it? This is where we get into the concept that seems to come up frequently here: http://www.reikilearninglounge.com/the-coffee-bar-f17/duality-or-separation-consciousness-t431-15.htm

What was your point by that comment? (Sorry just trying to clarify)

ULFE is one attempt to translate "Reiki" into English. There are many different ways one can translate "Reiki" into English but in the end, there isn't quite any English equivalent to the phenomen itself. This happens a lot with Japanese-English translations in general. Hell, I've seen it translated as just "love." It's similar to qi and prana but... not.

What makes Reiki so unique is that in such a very short time, we can access our divine spark.

Define "divine spark" and what this means to you. How does Reiki do this? Answering what Reiki allows us to do still does not answer what it is - what term do you use? What IS Reiki?
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:01 am

o0wabi-sabi0o wrote:

Wayne:

Dear God, ULFE is in a dog and myself, doesn't make me a dog. ULFE is much too generic a term, for something so specific as Reiki. It's this generic term that inacurately leads one to assume Reiki is all, and all is Reiki.

Reiki is something you truly have to experience to understand. It refers to an "energy" (for lack of a better term) inherent in all things in our Universe: you, a dog, a pebble, the earth, the air between all these objects, the Universe itself. It's the "energy" that feeds the systems that run the Universe on a most basic level in order for them to work effectively.

We differ in opinion. Reiki is something much more specific, Smile. I'll obviously have to patiently wait to 'truely experience' it to understand it, hehe, Smile .

o0wabi-sabi0o wrote:
    Dear God, ULFE is in a dog and myself, doesn't make me a dog.

Blood is in a dog and it is in myself, that does not mean I'm a dog.

Or does it? This is where we get into the concept that seems to come up frequently here: http://www.reikilearninglounge.com/the-coffee-bar-f17/duality-or-separation-consciousness-t431-15.htm

What was your point by that comment? (Sorry just trying to clarify)

The point was, that although ultimately all things might be considered to be the same, this serves no useful purpose when i try to be human, and a dog a dog. I've no wish to be a dog. So, the exact definition, and expereince, further than a clearly generic one, is consistently how we define life, Smile .

o0wabi-sabi0o wrote:
    What makes Reiki so unique is that in such a very short time, we can access our divine spark.

Define "divine spark" and what this means to you.

I'll try as much as i can, Smile. Our divine spark is the purest, best, aspect of ourselves. What this means to me is many things...

It explains easily to me why 'Reiki' will kill billions of germs for me, or, be a catalyst to it. Since ULFE surely holds no importance with my life, over billions of others. Although human ego would resist that comment! Since it's my divine spark, it will easily attmept to create a response that benefits me, a human.

It shows me how responsbile i should be in issues such as permission. It's my divine spark that sets the process of. I ponder things such as, if Reiki is ULFE, would one accept a treatment from Hitler? After all, he'd only be accessing something we all could. Could he really have accessed Reiki.

o0wabi-sabi0o wrote:
    How does Reiki do this? Answering what Reiki allows us to do still does not answer what it is - what term do you use? What IS Reiki?

It does, i just never said it, hehe. I believe Reiki is our divine spark. this is cause of exremely superficial studies with the symbols. Reiki is...(drum beat..hehe).. the effect, the occurence, that our divine spark in action, initiates. Either in ourself, or another, Smile.

Take care
    Wayne
    o0wabi-sabi0o
    o0wabi-sabi0o

Post by o0wabi-sabi0o Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:56 am

I don't really think it's an oversimplification because what I describe is what, in my mind, helps us in discovering what you refer to as our "divine spark." It's this "energy" that aids us in functioning at 100% efficiency on all levels of our being. We can be physically and emotionally healthier, develop a deeper spiritual understanding, etc. What I described sounds simple and basic but is it really?

It explains easily to me why 'Reiki' will kill billions of germs for me, or, be a catalyst to it. Since ULFE surely holds no importance with my life, over billions of others.

To me, Reiki won't do anything miraculous. If I send Reiki to you specifically, will it kill the germs no matter what? No, at a point, it's possible Reiki couldn't help. Does that mean it would help the germs? No, like I say, we aren't passive observers of Reiki, we do direct it. It feeds the natural cycle of the universe, but that doesn't mean it has its own counsciousness. This doesn't mean getting the ego involved or anything... I'm saying the opposite: we CAN'T change what's meant to be, but we don't have to take part on either side of it. Just as I can choose not to send Reiki to a person, I can choose not to send it to the germs either.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:12 am

o0wabi-sabi0o wrote:I don't really think it's an oversimplification because what I describe is what, in my mind, helps us in discovering what you refer to as our "divine spark." It's this "energy" that aids us in functioning at 100% efficiency on all levels of our being. We can be physically and emotionally healthier, develop a deeper spiritual understanding, etc. What I described sounds simple and basic but is it really?

Reiki & ULFE is a kinda contradiction. What makes humans think they're so important, that they can harness ULFE to aid themselves, over other lifeforms? Reiki has, without a doubt, assisted in destroying countless trillions of trillions of lifeforms. Compare that to how many it has saved, well, it could be justified calling ULFE - universal death force energy. I bet not too many will accept these facts, hehe.

We find usefullness, as you have said yourself, in alluding to Reiki being more than Qi, prana. I'm suggesting, we go further, and narrow it down even more.

o0wabi-sabi0o wrote:
    It explains easily to me why 'Reiki' will kill billions of germs for me, or, be a catalyst to it. Since ULFE surely holds no importance with my life, over billions of others.

To me, Reiki won't do anything miraculous. If I send Reiki to you specifically, will it kill the germs no matter what? No, at a point, it's possible Reiki couldn't help.

Of course. there's many variable in healing. It's surely a fact though, Reiki has bene a catlyst in destroying countless numbers of lifeforms. not doing 100% of the time doen't detrect from my point, Smile .

o0wabi-sabi0o wrote:
    Does that mean it would help the germs? No, like I say, we aren't passive observers of Reiki, we do direct it. It feeds the natural cycle of the universe, but that doesn't mean it has its own counsciousness. This doesn't mean getting the ego involved or anything... I'm saying the opposite: we CAN'T change what's meant to be, but we don't have to take part on either side of it. Just as I can choose not to send Reiki to a person, I can choose not to send it to the germs either.

So if one of your loved ones got swine flu, what you gonna do? It doesn't matter if you direct it to the germs, or to the immune system, this is why i choose to say Reiki being the 'catalyst' to killing these lifeforms. It's human ego that thinks that we can use ULFE to kill billions of lifeforms, just cuase they don't agree with our one lifeform. Just cuase we're human doesn't make us anymore important than any lifeform.

take care
    Wayne
    Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Pandora Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:01 pm

What if being human did make us superior to other life forms?

What if Reiki came from somewhere pledged only to do good for humankind, as opposed to any other form of life on this planet?
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:19 pm

Pandora wrote:What if being human did make us superior to other life forms?

when humanity begins to think it's superior to all other life, we have the current idiotic situation like present day.

Our egotistical superiority is destroying entire species, threatening the food chain entirely, threating our own existence, along with the whole worlds. Mars climate here we come!

Our consciousness, and our mental capability merely make us more responsible, it doesn't make us superior over other lifeforms. A worms life is just as valuable as my own. Or, even the swine flu virus. Only difference is, my survival instinct dicates i wish to destroy the flu virus in me, if i need to.

Pandora wrote:
    What if Reiki came from somewhere pledged only to do good for humankind, as opposed to any other form of life on this planet?

It comes from inside us, Smile. A humans divine spark. humans aren't the only creatures to have a divine spark. Why would they? This is why we can help animals, it ellicits a response in them. Why humans can use Reiki so well, is because of our intellect. Animals are more limited in certain ways in their existence, wheeas humans are much more complex.

tha'ts not to say that animals can't heal. I dunno enough bout that, Smile.

take care
    Wayne
    o0wabi-sabi0o
    o0wabi-sabi0o

Post by o0wabi-sabi0o Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:19 am

Reiki has, without a doubt, assisted in destroying countless trillions of trillions of lifeforms. Compare that to how many it has saved, well, it could be justified calling ULFE - universal death force energy. I bet not too many will accept these facts, hehe.

It could be called that. I guess it's just my own personal understanding of Universal Life Force. From a Buddhist perspective death is a natural part of the cycle of life (and rebirth). So despite the FACT that it's aided in killing billions of lifeforms, or what I consider to be fact that it could be used to aid in our own natural process of death on various levels, "Life Force" is still perfectly fitting.

What if being human did make us superior to other life forms?

I don't know; what if? How are we superior? In what way? We're more entitled to life?

Then I wouldn't use it. lol![quote]
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:32 am

o0wabi-sabi0o wrote:
    Reiki has, without a doubt, assisted in destroying countless trillions of trillions of lifeforms. Compare that to how many it has saved, well, it could be justified calling ULFE - universal death force energy. I bet not too many will accept these facts, hehe.

It could be called that. I guess it's just my own personal understanding of Universal Life Force. From a Buddhist perspective death is a natural part of the cycle of life (and rebirth). So despite the FACT that it's aided in killing billions of lifeforms, or what I consider to be fact that it could be used to aid in our own natural process of death on various levels, "Life Force" is still perfectly fitting.

hiya Wabi,
    totally agree with you. I guess i find it strange that it's labelled 'universal', when for so many lifeforms it's certainly not a life force that is universal. it actually brings death. For sure, death is a natural part of life. However, we don't use Reiki to die, and don't regard it as being something that brings death even. At least, we don't like to openly admit it. The conceept of ULFE, is something that all living things possess, that gives life. Not death.

Do we really think that the billions of germs want to die? If they don't, we're then entering into a process that unwillingly kills them. And practitoners say it's a universal life force? Bet the dying lifeforms wouldn't think so! there's no universality in it, for life forms. It may be all around our world, that doesn't make it universal in locality either, Smile.

Course, if one was to see the process of Reiki is different from so many other things, they might ponder is it unique. In the way it interacts, and the way it experienced. And also ponder, what would make it so unique. Only way one would know that is by looking at all apsects of Reiki with a fine tooth-comb. To undertsand the whole mechanism of it all. Or, at least, to seek that. Not saying you don't already, i dunno anything bout you, Smile.

take care
    Wayne
    o0wabi-sabi0o
    o0wabi-sabi0o

Post by o0wabi-sabi0o Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:05 am

However, we don't use Reiki to die, and don't regard it as being something that brings death even. At least, we don't like to openly admit it. The conceept of ULFE, is something that all living things possess, that gives life. Not death.

Trust me, I know I'm probably the only one who looks at it this way. lol! I know I've never seen another Reiki practitioner say they've used it to aid in death. I'm not saying that sending someone Reiki can kill them. I'm saying that when someone is dying, just as Reiki is used to aid in spiritual/emotional development and stability, to take away pain, and to even speed up the natural processes the body is going through, it can be used to aid in death in the same way.

In my opinion NOT teaching people about this and using it in this way when requested is a disservice to people, as is a doctor brutally fighting an unwinnable fight right up to he moment of death rather than helping a patient come to terms with the inevitable and find peace...

Do we really think that the billions of germs want to die? If they don't, we're then entering into a process that unwillingly kills them. And practitoners say it's a universal life force?

Never said they wanted to die. But when Reiki can't escape us from death, does that mean we want to die? From my perspective all we're doing is aiding the body in the natural healing process. If it's able to heal on its own, if it IS healing on its own, we can aid in the natural process... but we can't zap the germs and kill them with Reiki. If the person is unable to heal, we can't miraculously change this. In the end, one or the other has to die. That's the way of the Universe. Death is just another process of life. So yes, I still like "ULFE." tongue

Just my strange lil opinion. lol!
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:50 am

o0wabi-sabi0o wrote:
    However, we don't use Reiki to die, and don't regard it as being something that brings death even. At least, we don't like to openly admit it. The conceept of ULFE, is something that all living things possess, that gives life. Not death.

Trust me, I know I'm probably the only one who looks at it this way. lol! I know I've never seen another Reiki practitioner say they've used it to aid in death. I'm not saying that sending someone Reiki can kill them. I'm saying that when someone is dying, just as Reiki is used to aid in spiritual/emotional development and stability, to take away pain, and to even speed up the natural processes the body is going through, it can be used to aid in death in the same way. '

I'm not talking about this Wabi, Smile.

Reiki isn't associated with bringing death. I'm clearly showing it's something that brings death to countless numbers oflife forms.

o0wabi-sabi0o wrote:
    Do we really think that the billions of germs want to die? If they don't, we're then entering into a process that unwillingly kills them. And practitoners say it's a universal life force?

Never said they wanted to die. But when Reiki can't escape us from death, does that mean we want to die? From my perspective all we're doing is aiding the body in the natural healing process. If it's able to heal on its own, if it IS healing on its own, we can aid in the natural process... but we can't zap the germs and kill them with Reiki. If the person is unable to heal, we can't miraculously change this. In the end, one or the other has to die. That's the way of the Universe. Death is just another process of life. So yes, I still like "ULFE." tongue

I never said that you said they wanted to die either, Smile.

Firstly how do you know we can't 'zap' the germs with Reiki in our body, so they die? An assumption about what goes on with Reiki doesn't mean it actually happens.

Even if Reiki doesn't directly kill the germs, the so-called universal life force energy is entering into a process whereby it is a catalyst for death. Helping one life over countless billions, is a weird way for the universe to operate. It's maybe my own spirituality confusing me, hehe, but i can't see how the 'universe' regards me as more important than any other lifeform. I can see that my ego would like to resist any attmept to say otherwise, Smile.

So, if death is a natural process of life, i guess you've no problem calling it 'universal death force energy' from now on'?

take care
    Wayne
    o0wabi-sabi0o
    o0wabi-sabi0o

Post by o0wabi-sabi0o Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:17 am

I have lots ta say BUT... I've decided I'm not really comfortable discussing this topic in a public forum for obvious reasons. I'll PM you.

So, if death is a natural process of life, i guess you've no problem calling it 'universal death force energy' from now on'?

Death is a natural process of life. Life is not a process of death. (Unless we're going to get all philosophical but I don't think that's helpful here lol! ). Since ULFE is the name I choose to use when discussing Reiki with others, changing it to "UDFE" wouldn't work simply because the word "death" has such negative connotations to most people. It wouldn't be understood in the same way. Personally, would I call it that? I would have no issue with that. But again, I don't think Reiki can kill directly.

Even if Reiki doesn't directly kill the germs, the so-called universal life force energy is entering into a process whereby it is a catalyst for death. Helping one life over countless billions, is a weird way for the universe to operate. It's maybe my own spirituality confusing me, hehe, but i can't see how the 'universe' regards me as more important than any other lifeform. I can see that my ego would like to resist any attmept to say otherwise

I think there's some confusion from when I said that Reiki works for the Universe's Highest Good. I'm not suggesting "the will of the Universe" by this as if we're just passive observers in life and everything is set in stone. Perhaps I shouldn't have used that word. All I was trying to say was that Reiki can only aid us to the degree our Body, Mind, and Spirit, and willingness allow.

Moving on over to PMs now.. :]
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:27 am

o0wabi-sabi0o wrote:I have lots ta say BUT... I've decided I'm not really comfortable discussing this topic in a public forum for obvious reasons. I'll PM you.

that's cool, Smile. I've responded to your pm. Although, i'll respond here again to your public reply, Smile.

o0wabi-sabi0o wrote:

Death is a natural process of life. Life is not a process of death

Which is my whole point of our discussion, lol!

Anyhow, wabi, it was you whom was saying 'death is a natural process of life' in our chat here. No point saying it if it's irrelevant to subject, Smile .

i'll repeat my point which made you make the above comment initially. If Reiki is some kinda 'universal life force' why is it a catalyst for so much death?

o0wabi-sabi0o wrote:
    Since ULFE is the name I choose to use when discussing Reiki with others, changing it to "UDFE" wouldn't work simply because the word "death" has such negative connotations to most people. It wouldn't be understood in the same way. Personally, would I call it that? I would have no issue with that.

Can you not just explain your common sense viewpoint to them? It's probably only when you're interacting on a perosnal level with a client that you'd need to do this. Unless you were advertising 'UDFE', hehe.

o0wabi-sabi0o wrote:
    But again, I don't think Reiki can kill directly.

You 'don't think', or 'you actually know'. I'd thought we'd agree, assumptions is the 'mother of all f-ups!' Hehe, Smile .

'Direct', 'catalyst', shrug. A life force supposedly permeating all existence, in which all living things possess, is being harnessed by humans to kill immeasurable life forms. That, doesn't make sense. Smile .

o0wabi-sabi0o wrote:
    Even if Reiki doesn't directly kill the germs, the so-called universal life force energy is entering into a process whereby it is a catalyst for death. Helping one life over countless billions, is a weird way for the universe to operate. It's maybe my own spirituality confusing me, hehe, but i can't see how the 'universe' regards me as more important than any other lifeform. I can see that my ego would like to resist any attmept to say otherwise

I think there's some confusion from when I said that Reiki works for the Universe's Highest Good. I'm not suggesting "the will of the Universe" by this as if we're just passive observers in life and everything is set in stone. Perhaps I shouldn't have used that word. All I was trying to say was that Reiki can only aid us to the degree our Body, Mind, and Spirit, and willingness allow.

No, there's no confusion, Smile. I'm repeatedley saying the same thing. If it is a life force that all living things posses, why do some humans think they can harness that shared life force, with both the will & the ability to be the staging post for the destruction of so many other life forms. It's a direct point, Smile .

Take care
    wayne

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:30 am