Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+6
Milarepa
chi_solas
Reikijim
Shakti ~ Rising
Thaak
dreamer
10 posters

hi new member question about my reiki master

Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

hi new member question about my reiki master - Page 2 Empty Re: hi new member question about my reiki master

Post by Milarepa Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:10 am

hehe, for sure. Maybe the journey is the actual destination anyhow..
    Thaak
    Thaak

hi new member question about my reiki master - Page 2 Empty Re: hi new member question about my reiki master

Post by Thaak Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:14 am

Milarepa wrote:hehe, for sure. Maybe the journey is the actual destination anyhow..

There is no destination. All we have is were we are.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:29 am

That's the subtle meaning of my words, i've just put across, hehe.
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:11 am

Milarepa wrote:Please point me in the direction of the people you're speaking of.

....Me too...

Smile RJ
    Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Pandora Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:03 am

Milarepa wrote:Please point me in the direction of the people you're speaking of.

Your guides, Wayne...
    Dragonfly
    Dragonfly
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Dragonfly Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:33 am

I found some aspects of Dreamer's experience rather interesting. After my attunement, I had a number of odd/disturbing things like that happen to me too. I think I've written on the forum before about the contact I had with a spirit entity in my house. It can be unnerving, but as ReikiJim and others have mentioned, we can always try to see it as an opportunity for growth and connection, rather than fear. When the spirit entity was present in my house, my husband and I extended compassion to it, and the energy soon dissipated. Sometimes these entities appear because there is something in *our* energy that it is responding to/representing. At the time the spirit entity was active, my husband and I were relating to each other in fearfulness, because we weren't sure where our relationship was headed and the next level of commitment caused some fear. But once we replaced that fear with love, the other energy we were feeling external to us went away.

I agree that if necessary, it may be helpful to learn from other Reiki Master teachers. Some teachers only get you to one point in the journey, while others will help you get the next step of the way. As a teacher, we are all either enriched or limited by our own experiences, knowledge and perceptions.

Good luck, Dreamer!!
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:46 am

Pandora wrote:

Your guides, Wayne...

You might wanna re-read all of post no22.

i've no interest in 'guides', i've interest in me. I prefer to find out for myself, rather than something possibly imagined. Like this topic creators expereince is suggesting happened with them.

People mistake 'guides' for their own intuition, and mistake guides for their own knowledge sometimes.

If your 'guides' know what they're talking about, i've got some questions you might ask them then please?
    Thaak
    Thaak

Post by Thaak Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:59 am

Milarepa wrote:

i've no interest in 'guides', i've interest in me. I prefer to find out for myself, rather than something possibly imagined. Like this topic creators expereince is suggesting happened with them.

People mistake 'guides' for their own intuition, and mistake guides for their own knowledge sometimes.

If your 'guides' know what they're talking about, i've got some questions you might ask them then please?

Isn’t intuition a guide of sorts?

Furthermore, the lions share of those who work with guides, do so on an intuitional level, rather than overt conversation.

Spirit guides are there to be teachers to us, just as any physical teacher can be.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:02 am

Dragonfly wrote:I found some aspects of Dreamer's experience rather interesting. After my attunement, I had a number of odd/disturbing things like that happen to me too. I think I've written on the forum before about the contact I had with a spirit entity in my house. It can be unnerving, but as ReikiJim and others have mentioned, we can always try to see it as an opportunity for growth and connection, rather than fear. When the spirit entity was present in my house, my husband and I extended compassion to it, and the energy soon dissipated. Sometimes these entities appear because there is something in *our* energy that it is responding to/representing. At the time the spirit entity was active, my husband and I were relating to each other in fearfulness, because we weren't sure where our relationship was headed and the next level of commitment caused some fear. But once we replaced that fear with love, the other energy we were feeling external to us went away.

I agree that if necessary, it may be helpful to learn from other Reiki Master teachers. Some teachers only get you to one point in the journey, while others will help you get the next step of the way. As a teacher, we are all either enriched or limited by our own experiences, knowledge and perceptions.

Good luck, Dreamer!!

Dragonfly, it's interesting that your experience
    brought you to an awareness of what was happening
    in your personal life. That was an important insight
    to look within. Sometimes people only look at what
    it is in their surroundings that may be causing discomfort.
    and not look at their inner source to solve problems.

sunny
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:07 am

Thaak wrote:
    Milarepa wrote:

Isn’t intuition a guide of sorts?

Furthermore, the lions share of those who work with guides, do so on an intuitional level, rather than overt conversation.

Spirit guides are there to be teachers to us, just as any physical teacher can be.

never once suggested guidance wasn't needed in Reiki. i've wrote we don't need to look to anything else besides ourself. It takes more hard work, but brings oneself to the reason of Reiki.

We're meant to work hard in Reiki.
    Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Pandora Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:28 am

Milarepa wrote:
    Pandora wrote:

Your guides, Wayne...

My guides know what I need to know, and your guides know what you need to know. If you want to ask them they will tell you. Sometimes they come through when I'm typing here. I can always tell when they've done that because people argue with them!

You believe in the "divine spark". Do you also believe that "divine" means "all-knowing"? You could say, then, that you are tapping into a resource which is available to all through our "divine spark", "higher selves", "guides..." I have no problem with the concept. It's related to Jung's "collective unconsciousness".
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:49 am

What you've wrote is cool.

i've no need to go look at any other aspect of the collective consciousness, before i firstly get to know myself. when i get to know myself fully, i'll be more prepared to look at creation collectively. And, make judements & comments on that. The collective consciousness is so huge, it's very, very hard, and rare, to get to know it, this is being honest. Still rare to get to know oneself, but not nearly as rare.

The first step to do this is concentrating on myself, focussing solely on me. To not go seek advice with guides wirhin Reiki, means i have to work harder myself at things, there's less chance of me dis-regarding things, or getting spiritual lazy. I know this for a fact, as this has been a biggy with me.

I'm not invalidating anything you're writing, or experiencing, i'm sharing that there's already within Reiki the means to know thyself.

This takes longer perhaps, but the longer path is often the best, and the progress it's took is there to be took advantage of.

take care
    Wayne
    Thaak
    Thaak

Post by Thaak Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:19 am

Milarepa wrote:
    never once suggested guidance wasn't needed in Reiki. i've wrote we don't need to look to anything else besides ourself. It takes more hard work, but brings oneself to the reason of Reiki.

We're meant to work hard in Reiki.

I disagree on a particular level. Not that the work can be perceived as difficult or hard, but whether or not we should perceive the work as difficult or hard.

If it is something we are exceptionally good at, hard things seem easy.

If it is something we are not at all good at or that we don’t really want to do, hard things seem nearly impossible.

If we give the energy of “hard” to the thing, then the thing becomes hard.

If we just allow ourselves to express our version of Reiki or Spiritualism or whatever, naturally, organically, then all the hard work happens without us even realizing it.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:41 am

short-cuts aren't the best way.

Usui sensei reminds us 'Gyo wo hage me' (work Hard). It's part of the foundation of Reiki.
    Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Pandora Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:10 am

Wayne, when Usui sensei wrote "work hard" he didn't specify what at!

There is a verse in the Bible which is quite similar, which says "Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might", and I try to live by that one.

Now a few thoughts about guides.

If you'd like to split this into another topic I'm sure you have the means to!

I have always had guides, even when I was a very little girl. Having grown up with them, I'm comfortable with the concept. One day a clairvoyant came to see me to discuss a business proposition. When she walked into the living room she exclaimed "What a full house you've got here!" She could see my ""friends" and described them, and told me my guides were there. (I hadn't even met the woman, but she described family members who had passed, others - Merlin, Aslan and Flora - and others who I know very well but don't know how.)

I've always had voices, and at key times in my life they would tell me things. Such as the time my godson died age 9 months: I knew before I picked up the phone that's what happened. Now I've become attuned to Reiki, the conversation is more two-way and more on an everyday level.

Because I have it demonstrated to me on an everyday basis, I know these guides know much, much more than I do. Because I am human, there is a limit to what I can understand and the speed that I can assimilate information, so I'm quite happy to have a repository of help I can call on - call it a cosmic internet if you like!

I'm also aware that not everyone believes in guides. That's fine by me: it's just that I feel my life and Reiki practice is enhanced so much by their presence, there's a possibility that everyone else is missing out!
    Thaak
    Thaak

Post by Thaak Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:20 am

Milarepa wrote:short-cuts aren't the best way.

Usui sensei reminds us 'Gyo wo hage me' (work Hard). It's part of the foundation of Reiki.

There is a difference to working hard, and doing hard work.

And I'm not talking about short cuts.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:03 am

Thaak wrote:
    Milarepa wrote:short-cuts aren't the best way.

There is a difference to working hard, and doing hard work.

any idea why so many of Usui sensei's students were taught level 1, yet so few level 3?

The road to knowing within Reiki, is both long & hard. The teaching & learning format can be very different from what the most are used to. The student possibly is meant to know the exact question to ask in the first place, have guidance (sometimes very obscure it would seem), and then tell the teacher the answer. This in itself can seem very paradoxical. The teaching/learning process is very non-linear.

It can be very dis-heartening & frustrating, cause it's very difficult work. However, when something is discovered, it makes it all worthwhile.

Hope this helps explain a different expereince, Smile .

Thaak wrote:
    And I'm not talking about short cuts.

no, but i have been, Smile .
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:00 am

Just saw your post Chris.

Pandora wrote:Wayne, when Usui sensei wrote "work hard" he didn't specify what at!

Eh? so when he said 'be grateful' or 'be kind to others' that also wasn't specific enough? Should we just decide to what extent we take those instructions from Usui sensei?

we're talking about a place, and a time, in which spiritually, every single act was done with the utmost cocentration, and mindfullness.

and anyhow, of course Reiki is at the forefront of what he meant, it's the Reiki principles for pete's sake, hehe! In which, on his memorial, the bottom of the principles states 'Usui spiritual healing method' and 'founder'.

i'll repeat my question i asked andy. How come so many were trained to level 1 by Usui sensei, but so few to level 3?

Pandora wrote:
    I'm also aware that not everyone believes in guides. That's fine by me: it's just that I feel my life and Reiki practice is enhanced so much by their presence, there's a possibility that everyone else is missing out!

They got that right, that's for sure. For me, guides have played an important part im my life. I began a shaman's apprenticeship, before Reiki, in which they of course are integral. I found much more use, going by what i've already spoke of today, as far as Reiki si concerned.

Take care
    Wayne
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:18 am

Milarepa wrote:
    any idea why so many of Usui sensei's students were taught level 1, yet so few level 3?

Maybe because most people wanted to learn Usui's system to use as a hands-on healing system to help themselves and others. The first teachings (shoden) would be all that is needed to do that.

Fewer people would want to go further and actually teach his system - I find this with my students (and I am sure it is not just the costs involved). Most people are happy to learn and practice the system - not everyone is cut out for teaching it. Usui's system is easy to learn but difficult to teach!

Milarepa wrote:
    The road to knowing within Reiki, is both long & hard. The teaching & learning format can be very different from what the most are used to. The student possibly is meant to know the exact question to ask in the first place, have guidance (sometimes very obscure it would seem), and then tell the teacher the answer. This in itself can seem very paradoxical. The teaching/learning process is very non-linear.

It can be very dis-heartening & frustrating, cause it's very difficult work. However, when something is discovered, it makes it all worthwhile.

Is this the way you are currently learning Reiki, Wayne? It sounds like you have your own personal guru or guide (or soke dai! Very Happy ) or at least someone to tell your answers to! Is that "someone" yourself, an actual Reiki Teacher or a guide? Smile

Ai to Hikari
    Colin
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:46 am

Colin wrote:
    Milarepa wrote:

Maybe because most people wanted to learn Usui's system to use as a hands-on healing system to help themselves and others. The first teachings (shoden) would be all that is needed to do that.

Good point! although with over 2000 students mathematically, i'd assume more would want to learn it all.

If i beleived in the Hikkei i'd say that Usui sensei laid criteria on whom could go to Okuden. hehe.

Colin wrote: Usui's system is easy to learn but difficult to teach!

I know this is said now. I hesitate with this. Looking at the way things would have been back then.

The connection & learning to perform a technique. Is that all there is to Reiki? If so, many folks are really wasting their time, Sad . Even with a technqiue, there's more to it than the actions. Much more becomes revealed. We see this in martial arts also.

Colin wrote:
    Milarepa wrote:

Is this the way you are currently learning Reiki, Wayne?

It has been, yeah.

Colin wrote:
    It sounds like you have your own....(or soke dai! Very Happy )

Kiss my backside! You have me in stitches here! hi new member question about my reiki master - Page 2 564490

Colin wrote:
    or at least someone to tell your answers to! Is that "someone" yourself, an actual Reiki Teacher or a guide? Smile

I've been so lucky to have been mentored. It really hurts me though, that i've failed miserably in so many ways with this. Eternally grateful for the help though.

Take care
    Wayne
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:02 am

Milarepa wrote:

Colin wrote: Usui's system is easy to learn but difficult to teach!

I know this is said now. I hesitate with this. Looking at the way things would have been back then.

The connection & learning to perform a technique. Is that all there is to Reiki? If so, many folks are really wasting their time, Sad . Even with a technqiue, there's more to it than the actions. Much more becomes revealed. We see this in martial arts also.

That is what I meant - it is easy to be taught and practice the various techniques and get some good results by going through the motions but much less easy to be taught and practice the techniques in such a way that you fully experience what each technique has to offer.

Ai to Hikari
    Colin
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:06 am

sorry bro, i shoulda realised you of all people, would already easily know this. Smile
    Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Pandora Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:48 pm

Milarepa wrote:Just saw your post Chris.

Pandora wrote:Wayne, when Usui sensei wrote "work hard" he didn't specify what at!

Eh? so when he said 'be grateful' or 'be kind to others' that also wasn't specific enough? Should we just decide to what extent we take those instructions from Usui sensei?

we're talking about a place, and a time, in which spiritually, every single act was done with the utmost cocentration, and mindfullness.

and anyhow, of course Reiki is at the forefront of what he meant, it's the Reiki principles for pete's sake, hehe! In which, on his memorial, the bottom of the principles states 'Usui spiritual healing method' and 'founder'.
    [b]

Take care
    Wayne

Well, it seemed that you had done exactly that - applied the "work hard" instruction only to Reiki. Apologies for the misunderstanding.

And how do you know that "spiritually every single act was done with the utmost concentration and mindfulness"? I think that was probably the idea, but people didn't - they were just as human as we are, after all.

In Buddhist thought, every act is a spiritual act, and I think that's part of "mindfulness" too. I read a book when I was a teenager, written by a Christian monk, called "The practice of the presence of God", in which he described his search to find the presence of God in everyday things, even washing up. To me, that is the work of Reiki: to find Reiki in our everyday life, not just in doing the various exercises. And believe me, that's hard work!

You also ask about why more Level 1s than Level 3s. That seems to be the way, throughout the history of Reiki. Perhaps some people are meant to stick at one level. I've mentioned my lovely friend Jeannie, who is a Reiki person through and through and more spiritual than some of the Reiki Masters I've met - yet she is a Level 2 and doesn't want to be a Level 3. There are as many answers to that question as there are people.
    Dragonfly
    Dragonfly
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Dragonfly Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:46 pm

Milarepa wrote:
    Colin wrote:
    Milarepa wrote:

Good point! although with over 2000 students mathematically, i'd assume more would want to learn it all.

You'd think so, but as Chris pointed out, there are people who are content at staying at Level 1 or 2. They do Reiki for themselves or friends and have no desire to "learn it all." Just as there are many people who learn yoga or meditation and become quite accomplished, but don't become yoga teachers, meditation teachers or lay priests (i.e. Zen.) Teaching is a calling and not everyone is cut out for it. Of course you can become a Reiki Master and still never attune anyone. I agree with you that it is a process that requires time and discipline. I went through all the attunements rather quickly but I would say I still have a lot of work and learning to do. I would like to study with another teacher, not because I have any problems with my current Reiki teacher (we are good friends) but because I have a desire to keep learning and improving. Plus, I want to be a better teacher to my own students.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:57 pm

yeah Dana, we're talking bout a few people here. Over 2000 though?

trying to look at 2000 students of an easy to leanr, new system now, and only a handful becoming teachers, could in itself have no bearing on 100 years ago in Japan, granted.

It could be a money situation thing also, i've heard these kinda things where expensive then in Japan.

your examples of folks being accomplished at yoga & lay priests is quite valid. We both know though, to be a yoga teacher or Zen master is hard work, and it's this that may be a big factor in folks not being a teacher in it, hence my supposition.

speaking from personal expereince only, when i learn something, i like to learn everything about it, it's not that important to actually teach, mor eimportant to go the full way with it. Which of course, you've suggested already.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:45 am