Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+8
Bruce
Pandora
chi_solas
awaken
hialeah
Reikijim
Milarepa
Colin
12 posters

Attunements, the Japanese way

Frank
    Frank

Attunements, the Japanese way - Page 2 Empty Re: Attunements, the Japanese way

Post by Frank Mon May 03, 2010 2:11 am

Hi,

It was very interesting, reading this topic and all the viewpoints.

While reading the thought occurred to me that most of what is said about Reiju comes from a "Western style" perspective. I strongly feel that when we want to look at Reiju we need to look at it from an "original Japanese style" perspective the best we can.

I read about Japanese phrases triggering things, placing and needing symbols, a ritual giving you the ability to heal, connecting a student permanently to a certain energy, reiju and modern attunement having the same purpose, not drawing but still intending symbols.....

I feel it is very important to realize that Usui-sensei's teachings were not about learning how to treat people or to "channel healing energy".
    Usui-sensei's teachings were about becoming (and staying) happy, balanced, in total harmony with everything and about spiritual development with attaining spiritual enlightenment as it's ultimate goal.

The discovery of being able to use energy for the benefit of your own or someone else's physical or mental condition is just a side-effect of the spiritual development you can go through.

Everything Usui-sensei taught within these spiritual teachings was only there to assist the students in their pursuit to find happiness, harmony, peace of mind, spiritual development and enlightenment. The Gokai, the meditations and techniques, the use of the Seika Tanden (and the other two Tanden) etc. were there to help the student on his or her path to enlightenment.

Reiju was no exception.

So, Reiju (originally, as far as I know) is also an aid on the path.. the way.
    The Shihan (teacher) performing the Reiju creates a very special energetic space. The receiver gets submerged in the entire energy spectrum and receives everything he or she needs at that particular moment.

The Reiju is given while the student carries out the normal meditations. At a certain point in the meditation the Reiju is given. The purpose of the meditation done by the student is to reach a certain spiritual state of being. Reiju helps the student to reach it.

Reiju is a deep and beautiful spiritual blessing, spiritual gift, it is a transfer of energy and more which I have difficulty with putting into words.

Reiju is the opportunity created by the Shihan for the student to absorb or receive what he/she needs.

This is very different from what we know as attunements or initiations in modern Reiki branches.
    Often the attunement is seen as a ritual to connect someone to a certain energy (or even a symbol...), to activate symbols, to open meridians or chakras and to give certain abilities. When we read about attunements, we often read about a teacher doing all sorts of these things to a student.

Reiju is non of this. It does not connect you to anything.
    Special abilities are not given by some ritual. They are just a result of your own progress on your spiritual path.

It is the opportunity for the student to receive what is necessary.
    The Shihan does not actively give something. He or she is only responsible for being in the right spiritual state of being in order to create the opportunity for the student.

There are various versions of Reiju, so we can't actually speak of "THE Reiju".
    Of course there is the Reiju I just described.. it's the "unconditional Reiju" we could call it. Next to that there are Reiju (Japanese words have no plural as I understood it) to let the student 'taste' a certain energy. Still no symbols are used and the student is not connected to the energy. Tasting and getting to know the energy is different from being connected to it.

The Shihan needs to be in the right state of being.. at the right spiritual level of development. It takes years to reach this level. The ritual itself (it is not about the physical movements..) is not very difficult. It's all about the underlying mechanism.
    If the one giving Reiju is not at a sufficient level of spiritual development or if he/she does not understand the underlying principles.. then it's nothing more than an energy boost.

There is, of course, nothing wrong with energy boosts. But it isn't really Reiju.

*Gasshō*
    Frank
    rzukic
    rzukic
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by rzukic Mon May 03, 2010 3:41 pm

Bruce wrote:The discussion of intent is interesting. I don't know how it works in reiki attunements, but I'd like to offer a description of a part of a qigong exercise to illustrate different levels of intent.

Qigong practitioners talk about intent. But not all of 'em have the same level of intent, even when doing the same movement. E.g., one may have been taught to bring his hand up, palm facing down, in front of his mouth. Another may have been taught more specifically, to have the hegu point (large intestine 4) of that hand facing the renzhong point (governing vessel 26) of the upper lip. Still another may have been taught still more specifically, to align the hegu and renzhong points and then establish a connection between them so that energy from the hegu point stimulates the renzhong point. In this example, results vary with the level of the practitioner's intent.

But in reiki attunements, whose intent is significant to the outcome? (The teacher's? The student's? Usui's? The entire lineage? Other?)

Bruce

Thank You for sharing this Bruce!

It appears to me that sometimes the importance of intent is easily overlooked. I say this because few weeks ago, thanks to Wayne, I get opportunity to learn something about QT and the other day I finally got to read the QT Supercharging and I was amazed to learn their chakra model and Amplification process.

Now I have to say that before I ever heard about QT I did spin my own chakras as well as somebody else, at begging using reiki symbols and than without it. In addition I made some experiences that if I bring my attention somewhere that energy follows, so I found out that let's say when my wife had common cold it was pretty easy to “open” the airways so that she can breath normally. Further more it was fun to find out that I could change her breathing pattern (left or right nose drill) easily.

I always thought that this was somehow because of the reiki symbols but than when I read about QT and unless I have missed something, there is no attunements or symbols in QT and yet practitioner can “send” energy “long distance”

I understand that this is little off the topic but I believe still in the right direction, and knowing that many of you here are very good in QT I am wondering if somebody could explain how this works (what enables QT practitioners to do so for there is no symbols, no attunements., no lineage- so what is left seems to be only the intention ??)

Thank You

Regards.

Resko

Find Out How Learning Reiki Can Change Your Life
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Mon May 03, 2010 9:21 pm

Hi Frank

Thanks for this - I like where you are coming from!

Smile

Frank wrote:Hi,

It was very interesting, reading this topic and all the viewpoints.

While reading the thought occurred to me that most of what is said about Reiju comes from a "Western style" perspective. I strongly feel that when we want to look at Reiju we need to look at it from an "original Japanese style" perspective the best we can.

I read about Japanese phrases triggering things, placing and needing symbols, a ritual giving you the ability to heal, connecting a student permanently to a certain energy, reiju and modern attunement having the same purpose, not drawing but still intending symbols.....

I feel it is very important to realize that Usui-sensei's teachings were not about learning how to treat people or to "channel healing energy".
    Usui-sensei's teachings were about becoming (and staying) happy, balanced, in total harmony with everything and about spiritual development with attaining spiritual enlightenment as it's ultimate goal.

The discovery of being able to use energy for the benefit of your own or someone else's physical or mental condition is just a side-effect of the spiritual development you can go through.

Everything Usui-sensei taught within these spiritual teachings was only there to assist the students in their pursuit to find happiness, harmony, peace of mind, spiritual development and enlightenment. The Gokai, the meditations and techniques, the use of the Seika Tanden (and the other two Tanden) etc. were there to help the student on his or her path to enlightenment.

Reiju was no exception.

So, Reiju (originally, as far as I know) is also an aid on the path.. the way.
    The Shihan (teacher) performing the Reiju creates a very special energetic space. The receiver gets submerged in the entire energy spectrum and receives everything he or she needs at that particular moment.

The Reiju is given while the student carries out the normal meditations. At a certain point in the meditation the Reiju is given. The purpose of the meditation done by the student is to reach a certain spiritual state of being. Reiju helps the student to reach it.

Reiju is a deep and beautiful spiritual blessing, spiritual gift, it is a transfer of energy and more which I have difficulty with putting into words.

Reiju is the opportunity created by the Shihan for the student to absorb or receive what he/she needs.

This is very different from what we know as attunements or initiations in modern Reiki branches.
    Often the attunement is seen as a ritual to connect someone to a certain energy (or even a symbol...), to activate symbols, to open meridians or chakras and to give certain abilities. When we read about attunements, we often read about a teacher doing all sorts of these things to a student.

Reiju is non of this. It does not connect you to anything.
    Special abilities are not given by some ritual. They are just a result of your own progress on your spiritual path.

The Shihan does not actively give something. He or she is only responsible for being in the right spiritual state of being in order to create the opportunity for the student.

There are various versions of Reiju, so we can't actually speak of "THE Reiju".
    Of course there is the Reiju I just described.. it's the "unconditional Reiju" we could call it. Next to that there are Reiju (Japanese words have no plural as I understood it) to let the student 'taste' a certain energy. Still no symbols are used and the student is not connected to the energy. Tasting and getting to know the energy is different from being connected to it.

The Shihan needs to be in the right state of being.. at the right spiritual level of development. It takes years to reach this level. The ritual itself (it is not about the physical movements..) is not very difficult. It's all about the underlying mechanism.
    If the one giving Reiju is not at a sufficient level of spiritual development or if he/she does not understand the underlying principles.. then it's nothing more than an energy boost.

There is, of course, nothing wrong with energy boosts. But it isn't really Reiju.

*Gasshō*
    Frank
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Mon May 03, 2010 9:46 pm

hi Frank Smile

buddy, you are sometimes so good to win several butterflies Smile!! i just gave you a vote for your wisdom!

nothing to add to your already beautiful post, i'd like to empahsize one some sentences, as a matter of my next attention!

Frank wrote:Hi,

I strongly feel that when we want to look at Reiju we need to look at it from an "original Japanese style" perspective the best we can.

....reiju and modern attunement having the same purpose, not drawing but still intending symbols.....

(yes, you are well on point.. they are different inter se

...............The Gokai, the meditations and techniques, the use of the Seika Tanden (and the other two Tanden) etc. were there to help the student on his or her path to enlightenment.

Reiju was no exception.

yes, thats a good point.... while teachers gives Reiju, the focus is on the student as how much he imbibes depending his spritual awareness and progress... this is in stark contrast to initiations where, student just 'agrees' that he is going to receive initiations, rest is all done by teacher...

counting reiju among the techniques utilized by student, is what make your point a very good one...

So, Reiju (originally, as far as I know) is also an aid on the path..

yes, to aid something is quite very different from creating something, hence the difference between reiju and initiations!

the way.
    The Shihan (teacher) performing the Reiju creates a very special energetic space.

it may be more than that... but least as good as said Smile

The Reiju is given while the student carries out the normal meditations. At a certain point in the meditation the Reiju is given.

this is different from initiations, where a student takes a start sorta ab initio Smile

difficult for me too Smile

.......Reiju is non of this. It does not connect you to anything.

The Shihan does not actively give something.

Still no symbols are used and the student is not connected to the energy. Tasting and getting to know the energy is different from being connected to it.

that would be a pretty difficult situation to explain, tbh... i have problems in comprehending a reiki process where symbols would not 'have been' in usage (not saying 'have been used'... whatever a reiki folk does within reiki, is somehow dependent on workings of symbols... conscious use, and automatic activation, this is sure something that rise to surface...

and

If the one giving Reiju is not at a sufficient level of spiritual development or if he/she does not understand the underlying principles.. then it's nothing more than an energy boost. There is, of course, nothing wrong with energy boosts. But it isn't really Reiju.

you talk like a japaneese disciple in esoteric practices Smile i liked that tone! Smile

take care buddy

salman
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Mon May 03, 2010 10:38 pm

hi bro Smile

rzukic wrote:
    Now I have to say that before I ever heard about QT I did spin my own chakras as well as somebody else, at begging using reiki symbols and than without it.

would you take it as a beauty of reiki that when you use reiki symbols, you dont need an 'intent' to make chakras spinning at right speed, it is spiriutal guidance within reiki who guides the patient's inner to just do it!

if we fee that something can be done without the help of somebody (let's say, symbols), it does not mean that the help in the first instance was altogether 'un-necessary' Smile

there are many ways to do a thing, and symbols afford us some of such ways, but these 'ways' are not symbols, they are just 'ways'... i mean to say that symbols are not confined in scope to what we feel they can do Smile

I always thought that this was somehow because of the reiki symbols but than when I read about QT and unless I have missed something, there is no attunements or symbols in QT and yet practitioner can “send” energy “long distance”

well, there might be some hairline differences (which might appear to me as thick ropes Smile

in QT, distant healing is brought about by letting ourselves slip in the space of 'allowance'... letting ourselves feel 'it has happened already' and to let the universe 'entrain' to our emotional state, and bring about the things we'd intended (the distant healing)..it works like something i was reading in a spoon-bending course manual...

in reiki, we bring about HSZSN... 'open' ourselves to the right path and right mindfulness... this makes us connected to the other person (better saying, it dissolves certain barriers between us two), and then we heal him as we'd heal ourselves, or wd heal somebody in person...

lets take another example... i had have verty 'tough' time in trying to establish mind connection with others... the technique i used was to 'merge' in universal consciousness and then reach the desired buddy... i mostly failed Smile but to the exception of once or twice maybe...

when i got introduced to reiki, and had HSZSN initiations, the success rate increased a much lot, since (maybe ?) i was using a different method ??

if somebody could explain how this works (what enables QT practitioners to do so for there is no symbols, no attunements., no lineage- so what is left seems to be only the intention ??)

QT is a superb technique Smile it has roots within qi-gong.. although Richard says that patient 'entrains' to our higher vibration, i still dont have internal evidence for that (despite that i have been doing QT with very good results in this while)...

somethings which dont tie in within the 'vibrational entrainment' model as put forth by Richard, are :
    ........................in distnat healing through QT, the 'vibrational entrainment' model is not justified to be assumed, since there is no 'touch' between the practitioner and the patient...

......................... why we use the words 'running' the energy 'into' the tissue ? vibrational entrainment supposes that we create a field outside the body of patient to which it entrains... if we are running energy inside the tissue, or deep within body, does that energy 'come back' to us after the process is over ? in the manual somewhere, Richard uses the words "it is absorbed harmlessly...." i wonder, that this is different from the vibrational entrainment, where we use energy to let our hands raise their vibration (presupposition is that we are not 'directing' energy to go inside, otherwise what is the logic of saying that we raise vibration of hands, and patient 'entrains' to it...)

i mean to say, that at one corner, Richard says vibrations of hands are raised (and that this does the trick) and in another corner he says 'running energy' 'energy being absorbed (into the client)" so here i have my mind confused...

................................in supercharging manual, chapter one, the author (under 'auspices' of Richard ?) says that we have to mentally imagine that energy emanating our hands is 'meeting' up with each other on a point of focus within client's bodies... and also says that energy goes where our intent goes.. does that it mean that we are oozing energy from both hands that is 'actually' travelling inside the bodies of the clients, and then meeting together on a certain point ???

if all is understood exactly as i m following this, then this is qi-gong Smile

the full body sweeps and breathing used in QT have also striking similarities to qi-gong...

so, for a fair understanding, we can say that QT is a made-easy version of qi-gong...

a very noteable thing : Usui himself was a master of japaneese energy models, and qi-gong was not a new thing for him.. (we can assume that he'd have practiced qi-gong too, and might be that he must have mastered it also to glaringly high levels)... this finds support from the fact that in Usui's times, there was not possible for any buddy to find high level repute, respect and authority over peers unless he surpassed the common lot in commonly practiced things, one of which was qi-gong...

so Usui giving us Reiki, while having a command in qi-gong too, might mean that he somehow had a vision that reiki can equally (and far better) can produce effects intended by these technique....

so, it would be a mistake, if we replace reiki with QT, as far as therpeutic side is concerned... i made this mistake in the while, but after a nose correction, i m all they way ready to blend them in a way most suitable for client, instead of taking them a mutually exclusive thing..

(i m very interested in views of the peers and seniors that how they differentiate QT from Qi-gong), lets see Smile

take care

salman
    rzukic
    rzukic
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by rzukic Tue May 04, 2010 12:10 am

i had have verty 'tough' time in trying to establish mind connection with others... the technique i used was to 'merge' in universal consciousness and then reach the desired buddy... i mostly failed Smile but to the exception of once or twice maybe...

My “telepathy” attempts failed miserably when I tried to “transfer” the image(s) to my brother “mentally” but when I send reiki symbol image, we had 100% success rate. Very Happy

Now I want to point out that there were few times in my life (when I was in really tough spot) that telepathy worked but I never could repeat it afterwords.

Thank You.

Regards,

Resko

Find Out How Learning Reiki Can Change Your Life
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Wed May 05, 2010 4:43 pm

telepathy is our 'lost' ability Smile

I dont know if someone offers initiations for telepathy Smile but as u said too, symbols, particularly HSZSN does good tricks...

Since it is off-topic on this thread, we can continue in the thread ''use of HSZSN in psychometry and telepathy''....

It'd be interesting to find ur experiences buddy Smile

Take care

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:48 am