Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

3 posters

Reiki and Christianity--new form of Reiki

Alexandria Koros
    Alexandria Koros
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Reiki and Christianity--new form of Reiki Empty Reiki and Christianity--new form of Reiki

Post by Alexandria Koros Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:44 pm

I wonder who might like to comment on a supposedly new Reiki "energy" by William Rand, called "Holy Fire Reiki?" I have just learned about this, am a long time Reiki master/teacher and would love to discuss this topic with others. Specifically, have you heard about this and what are your opinions? One of my concerns is the use of "USUI" and for that matter, "Reiki," with an energy that seems to be
    specifically channelled to one individual, namely William Rand, but which is said to be the energy of "God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. Any comments/thoughts?

Thanks
    Alexandria
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Reiki and Christianity--new form of Reiki Empty Re: Reiki and Christianity--new form of Reiki

Post by LightBody Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:21 pm

Hi Alexandria.

How long is a "long time" practitioner?

Rand has been around for quite a long time... I don't see anything inherently wrong with him introducing a new form of energy, and it's certainly nothing unusual considering the history of "R/reiki" evolutions over the decades.

How do you feel about either the energy Rand now provides, and/or the fact that he's doing it?
    gerard.b.dimayuga
    gerard.b.dimayuga

Reiki and Christianity--new form of Reiki Empty Re: Reiki and Christianity--new form of Reiki

Post by gerard.b.dimayuga Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:29 pm

Hi Alexandria,

Reiki is an energy practice that has no belief system. Associating with the large Christian population is good business sense.

Energies can be different like Komyo and Usui Reiki. No one has a monopoly for healing or its energy. It can be learned from books, teachers, by accessing it from the Akashic Hall of records or given to you by your spirit guide(angel, bothisatva, etc). There are prominent healers that I know of like Jesus Christ, Tony Agpaoa, Jun Labo, Alex Orbito, Choa Kok Sui, Usui Sensei and Inamoto Sensei.

Blessings!
    Alexandria Koros
    Alexandria Koros
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by Alexandria Koros Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:02 am

This is a reply to "Light Body" and also to Gerard. Thank you for your comments. I've been a Reiki Master/Teacher for 20 years. I have taken Reiki classes from many teachers, including William Rand and have a published book on the topic. I have respect for William Rand and the contributions he has made to Reiki. The reason for my question concerns what seems like using the energies of God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit for one's own business and using the name Usui with it. It seems to me Usui was careful to keep Reiki separate from religion. It also concerns me that William Rand is saying this new Reiki is not a religion while at the same time he is quite critical of Christianity as having created a lot of trauma for people and that his new Reiki heals that trauma. He also makes great claims that this new Usui Holy Fire Reiki will heal the entire planet and that it heals cancer and other diseases. I am only wanting some dialogue on this topic to share and see how others are responding to this. Of course, people can do what they want with Reiki. Perhaps I am concerned unnecessarily and really everyone has a choice about how they want to pursue Reiki and go about their own Reiki business. Also, as Gerard said (thank you, Gerard) no one has a monopoly for healing or its energy. Thanks to you both for sharing.
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by LightBody Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:14 pm

Hi Alexandria.

I fail to see honor in Rand's actions across the timeline of his practice.

First he was "attuning" people to Sai-Baba energies, until Sai-Baba found out about and asked him (and Milner) to stop using his name. Next, he & Milner had their legal battle (spanning decades), resulting in the formation of Karuna Reiki. While that was going on, he promotes his practice using a picture of Takata, knowing full well that her granddaughter -- a blood relative with Japanese ancestry -- was in the Reiki Alliance and did not approve of its use.

Rand, like virtually everyone else in that time, promoted the motivational concept that Reiki "cures" illnesses, until his heart attack. Look at the pictures of him from the late 90's. In my opinion, he looks fat, chubby, and quite happy. Now look at the pictures of him after the heart attack.... I swear, I began to watch his Reiki DVD set and wondered if I wasn't beginning to watch a vampire-zombie movie. Seriously. Does he look healthier today than he did prior to the heart attack?

Based on the scoldings and damnation-to-Reiki-hell e-mails I receive, Rand does have a strong religious following that is made-up of women who are sexually attracted to him, or actively demonstrate a strong form of displaced sexual attraction towards him.

If what you say about Rand is true, then what he's doing is par for the course. It's nothing unusual, and based on his history, is to be expected.

Sai-Baba didn't work out, so he used Takata. Evidently Takata-generated business has waned, so now he's using Usui's name to promote some form of special energy-healing that cures Christianity and other diseases?

I not only fail to see honor and integrity in Rand's practice, but also know that if his business is to continue to grow, that it must become religion in order for it to do so. If he is now promoting the Reiki "cures" bit (again), then history is beginning to repeat itself, again.
    Alexandria Koros
    Alexandria Koros
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by Alexandria Koros Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:02 pm

Thank you, LightBody, for your honest and open response. My caution was in an attempt to show respect for all who work with and teach Reiki. And, I always try to give everyone the "benefit of the doubt," as they say. Yet, personally, I was appalled when I listened to several interviews of him talking about this new Reiki of his. Your comments mirror my thoughts. I was seeking an intelligent conversation with other experienced Reiki teachers. I agree with you about his current sickly appearance. I honestly don't know what motivates him--whether he genuinely believes in the merits of what he's doing, or if he's just after the money and recognition--or whether he's completely deluded. I do know about his female followers. I was recruited to be one when I trained with him but I did not take the bait. This dense physical we are currently incarnated in really provides some interesting life choices, doesn't it? Anyway, thanks for responding so honestly.
    Alexandria
    gerard.b.dimayuga
    gerard.b.dimayuga

Post by gerard.b.dimayuga Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:41 pm

Dear Alexandria,

When Takata introduced Reiki to the west it has taken up a lot of cultural flavors and energies. Teachers are adding a lot of things to the Reiki they teach. I do not see anything wrong with breaking away from their school or style.  This is where a practitioner will excell.

Let us not forget that when Usui sensei fasted and meditated for 21 days in Mt Karuma he was hit by a great Reiki and passed out. When he came to his senses he came down and found that he was able to heal himself(foot). He did not come down the mountain with two stone tablets like Moses. The genius of the man is being able to teach this phenomena that hit him.

If a healer is capable of taking away pain and misery the planet becomes a richer place. Unfortunately I find on the internet most Reiki offerings are for "stress release and relaxation".  If someone can cure cancer that is laudable. The proof of the pudding is in the eating.  

Do not stress out on Mr. Rand.  These things happen everyday.  Everywhere you can find preachers of every religious sect and denomination promising salvation. This deliverance from eternal damnation is their value and means of control over the ignorant masses who are willing to give in return this energy called money.  Some are real but the majority are plain delusions. In the end the only one you can rely on is yourself doing self.

Gassho
    Alexandria Koros
    Alexandria Koros
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by Alexandria Koros Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:24 am

Dear Gerard;

You speak words of wisdom which are very much appreciated.
    Your "Moses" comment brought a big smile to my face and seems to put the
    issue of Rand into perspective.

Humans are an interesting species.
    Thank you again,
    Alexandria

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:36 am