Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

4 posters

Different attunements

Reflexone
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Different attunements Empty Different attunements

Post by Reflexone Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:47 am

Hi, I am new to this site, and it`s nice to be among like minded people.
    I am particularly interested in Reiki, amongst many other forms of healing, and one area I am currently doing some research in the question of Reiki Attunements offered.
    I am a Reiki Master, having been attuned "in person" and by "distance" attunemnts,and wondered if anyone has any thoughts on whether there is a difference in the quality of attunement by either methods, are both acceptable ?
    Any thoughts, suggestions, experiences would be appreciated,
    Look forward to hearing from you soon,
    Steve.
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Different attunements Empty Re: Different attunements

Post by Colin Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:41 am

Hi again Steve!
    Smile
    I have no doubt that distant attunements work (after all distant healing works, doesn't it?) and I have actually received a couple of distant attunements as well as my in-person ones. I found it to be quite interesting in that I had quite a vivid visual experience in both of them! It was interesting because I don't normally tend to see very much other than either the fairly common purple or green colours and sometime bright white when I am meditating or receiving an attunement but in one attunement my surroundings completely changed and I was sat in a stone room surounded by flaming torches! Shocked

The problem I have with distant attunements is if they are the only source of "contact" with a Reiki teacher. If the receiver has already been attuned in person and is just receiving another attunemnet via distance that is fine (and very enjoyable) but if it is the receiver's first experience of a Reiki attunement then I would recommend an in-person attunement. This is mainly because I feel the immediacy of having a teacher there with whom the student can interact and ask questions and share in their energy is a very important part of the Reiki system.

Also, even if the Reiki teacher provides on going support and a comprehensive manual, there is nothing like being there and watching various techniques being demonstrated. There is also usually the interaction and sharing with other students and this too can be important. As a Reiki Teacher myself, I often find that some of the things I talk about and they way I talk about them is aligned to the way individual students can relate best to them. Not to mention a mix of visual, auditory and practical teaching because various students learn best in different ways. This cannot be done very well via distance.
    Well that is my twopennorth! I am sure you will get some other views soon!
    Cool
    Ai to Hikari
    Colin
    Reiki organisations, such as the UK Reiki Federation and insurance companies will not recognise people who have had distant attunement only, either.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:02 pm

I second everything Colin said, Smile .
    Reflexone
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by Reflexone Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:45 am

Thank you to both Colin and Milarepa for your replies.The feedback I have received from various previous sources would is pretty much the same , that an in person attunement with comprehensive training/ teaching may be the way, however I have recieved many accounts from "distance " attuned Reiki practitioners and Masters who have an excellent knowledge of their subject and have considerable success in their Reiki Path.
    I have been interested in Reiki for over 20 years, and have been a Master and teacher for around 4 years, along with many other "complementary treatments, including Reflexology and The Native American healing system "One Spirit" and I am always seeking more knowledge.
    If anyone is interested in One SpiritI am always willing to offer teaching and distant attunement free of any charges, as with all my work, just contact me
    Steve

A Thousand candles......A single light Very Happy
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:25 pm

Hi Reflexone Smile

once i was offering mindwaves to a lady on chat doing a ripple motion... she said your mode is similar to native americans' system...

what would you say on this ?

refer me the website for the info please

take care

salman

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 3:37 am