Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+9
Test Account
Thaak
Shakti ~ Rising
Milarepa
rzukic
vijaybali
Rlei_ki
Colin
thehungrycaterpillar
13 posters

Does Reiki help with weight loss?

thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Does Reiki help with weight loss? Empty Does Reiki help with weight loss?

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:01 pm

Hey sunny people!

I am wondering if Reiki can be used to help with weight loss?
    Like hand positions?
    or
    any energy exercises etc,.?

( ofcourse, I am exercising and *gulp* ....watching my diet )

( Yeah, got to knock off 10 lbs... fine, 15 lbs!) geek
    SSSHHH...don't tell anybody,

THC
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Does Reiki help with weight loss? Empty Re: Does Reiki help with weight loss?

Post by Colin Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:30 pm

Hi THC

If overweight is caused by a particular behaviour pattern e.g. overeating or lack of exercise then Reiki has just the thing! Cool

What about trying this? cyclops

http://www.aetw.org/d_seiheiki.html

Most students are taught a version of this at level 2 - as Seiheki Chiryo Ho or Mental/Emotional Treatment or Habit Healing Method or Psychological Treatment.

Good luck! Smile

Ai to Hikari
    Colin
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki
    Senior member/Forum Promoter
    Senior member/Forum Promoter

Post by Rlei_ki Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:15 pm

thehungrycaterpillar wrote:I am wondering if Reiki can be used to help with weight loss?
    Like hand positions?
    or

Reiki treatment is about bring the whole being into harmonious balance: into an optimal state for the individual being treated.
    This may or may not involve regulation ( decrease or increase) of levels of body fat / fluids...

There are techniques found in several energy-disciplines which can alter one's metabolism (particularly adrenal and thyroid function) which will eventually result in weight loss, however if applied solely for this purpose, they will generally tend to throw the system further out of balance than it was initially.

( Yeah, got to knock off 10 lbs... fine, 15 lbs!)

Who says? Optimal weight differs from individual to individual.
    And weight is not health

vijaybali
    vijaybali

Does Reiki help with weight loss? Empty lose weight

Post by vijaybali Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:53 am

Dear THC,

The diet and exercise thing is what creates weight loss. You may look into the quality of food you are eating in addition to calories. You may consider eating more vegetables, changing any foods you eath that contain grains or flour to whole grain only. Keep the portions of carbohydrates and proteins about the size of the palm of your hand, saving the larger portions for veggies.

Drink a lot of water and finish eating before 7:00 in the evening. Always eat breakfast, make your larger meals breakfast and lungh eating a lighter dinner. Begin each meal with either a salad, a pear or apple, a nutritious, high fiber way to reduce your appetite.

Whenever possible take extra steps, use the stairs instead of the levator, park farther away, get up and walk around during commercials, fidget while you are sitting, practice contracting and releasing different muscles around your body. These things will help you lose weight.

Reiki can help tune your organs up so that they better process your food. It can help take the stress out of making the needed changes. It can help inspire you to make healthier choices and it cah help remove unhealthy cravings.

To lose weight you will have to adopt a healthier more active lifestyle, there is no way around that but Reiki can be a wonderful sopport for you while you do what you need to do.

take care
    vj
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:39 am

....which will eventually result in weight loss, however if applied solely for this purpose, they will generally tend to throw the system further out of balance than it was initially.

Oh??! , good to know!
    Who says? Optimal weight differs from individual to individual.
    And weight is not health

James is Funny and Sweet! Very Happy
    I am going to milk this quote....! Laughing
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:41 am

To lose weight you will have to adopt a healthier more active lifestyle, there is no way around that but Reiki can be a wonderful sopport for you while you do what you need to do.

Thanks, VJ! I got a few tips from your post! cheers
    rzukic
    rzukic
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by rzukic Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:59 am

Colin wrote:Hi THC

If overweight is caused by a particular behaviour pattern e.g. overeating or lack of exercise then Reiki has just the thing! Cool

What about trying this? cyclops

http://www.aetw.org/d_seiheiki.html

Most students are taught a version of this at level 2 - as Seiheki Chiryo Ho or Mental/Emotional Treatment or Habit Healing Method or Psychological Treatment.

Good luck! Smile

Ai to Hikari
    Colin

Thanks Collin for this link,

I did learn this technique during my 2nd level and it was called simple “Mental Treatment” and it was insisted that it should be done before or as part of any treatment for it was believed that negative thought is creating the imbalance/illness.

We also were thought about two “healing rules” that apparently were set by Dr. Usui himself which as per my teacher were: (can anybody confirm this)

1.First heal the mind
    2.Than heal the body

Unfortunately, I can not remember the entire quote that somehow was always there to remind us how important “thinking” process is. The quote (as I remember it) goes along the line:

“The time will come when it will be shame to be sick when it will be clear that sickness is caused by thinking”

Ones again this is only part that I remember (and truth to be told it was in German since I learned Reiki while I was living in Germany) If somebody recognize this quote could you please give me a reference.

As to the mental treatment we would first draw CKR (mentally though for we were asked to avoid drawing symbols by hand?!) at the back of the head (medulla oblongata) and “give” reiki for some 10-15 minutes. Than we would use SHK

It was explained that the reason for this was to get recipient into Alfa state so the he would be more receptive for the following suggestion that should have been discussed with him/her before.

The next step was to step at side and have one hand at forehead and one at medulla obloganta.

Regards

Discover How Learning Reiki Can Change Your Life!
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:56 am

hi Resko, it's interesting what you said about what Usui sensei was meant to have said.

in th ehistory as told by Takata sensei, Usui sensei went to many spiritual folks, and they said they're concentrating on th emind first, but healing ability will come for them.

Then when he decided to heal in the slums, they always came back. so he then said the temples were right. it was at this point he created an emphasis on gratitude, and also the 5 principles.

As i think Rick Bockner (Takata sensei student) mentioned, the 5 principles start with ourselves, Just for today: don't be angry, worry, be grateful, work hard, be kind to others. so as rick pointed out, it starts with us, but we can see it actually spreads to the whole world, these principles focus.

training oursevles to not be angry, worry, and be grateful, is in fact training our mind.

working hard is training our mind but also our body via discipline.

being kind is the cumlination of it all, our thought, word & deed is now one, in the assistance of all.

So, yeah, if there was a distinction to be made between healing of mind & body, some styles do focus on physical healing. IMO, There's a clear path with what Takata sensei said, that is more comprehensive. Simple, yet profound, imo. This is just my take on it though, i havn't been trained in actual Usui Shiki Ryoho. Smile.

warmest wishes
    Wayne
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:19 am

rzukic wrote:
    We also were thought about two “healing rules” that apparently were set by Dr. Usui himself which as per my teacher were: (can anybody confirm this)

1.First heal the mind
    2.Than heal the body

Unfortunately, I can not remember the entire quote that somehow was always there to remind us how important “thinking” process is. The quote (as I remember it) goes along the line:

“The time will come when it will be shame to be sick when it will be clear that sickness is caused by thinking”

Ones again this is only part that I remember (and truth to be told it was in German since I learned Reiki while I was living in Germany) If somebody recognize this quote could you please give me a reference.

Hi Resko

I think the two "rules" you are referring to are from the Question and Answer section of the Usui Reiki Ryoho Gakkai Handbook (Hikkei):

Q. What is Usui Reiki Ryoho?

Gratefully we have received the Meiji Emperor's precepts.
    That humanity may discover its proper path, we must live according to these precepts.
    We must learn to improve body and heart-spirit [kokoro]. First we heal the heart-spirit, then we make the body healthy. When the heart-spirit finds the healthy, righteous path, the body will automatically become healthy. Thus heart-spirit and body are in harmony and our life is joyous and peaceful. We heal of ourselves and others and deepen the happiness of ourselves and others. This is the aim of Usui Reiki Ryoho.
    Source: http://www.aetw.org/reiki_hikkei.htm
    Smile
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:23 am

well I've still got me beer belly!!

and you know its rather interesting, that i actually felt physically 'lighter' ( in every sense of the word) after my attunements....and after my Master attunement, i actually WAS lighter on the scales by a few pounds!!!... strange but true..... had the attunement speede up my molecular structiure to the degree that my physiocal matter became lighter??....I don't know but the scales said i was lighter.....
    Thaak
    Thaak

Post by Thaak Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:26 am

thehungrycaterpillar wrote:

Thanks, VJ! I got a few tips from your post! cheers

I agree with VJ on this. If, however, the reason you are not working out and eating healthier is because of some issue you have yet to deal with, Reiki can help bring that issue to a head, and get you better mentally and psychologically prepared to begin a healthier lifestyle.
    rzukic
    rzukic
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by rzukic Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:09 am

Thank You All Very Much!

I also think that at that time (some 17-18 years ago) the NLP was getting very popular in Germany and many Reiki Teachers were “jumping on board”

I personally do like NLP and think it can compliment Reiki and vice-versa and it offers some good explanations as to how human mind works.

Shakti ~ Rising wrote:well I've still got me beer belly!!

and you know its rather interesting, that i actually felt physically 'lighter' ( in every sense of the word) after my attunements....and after my Master attunement, i actually WAS lighter on the scales by a few pounds!!!... strange but true..... had the attunement speede up my molecular structiure to the degree that my physiocal matter became lighter??....I don't know but the scales said i was lighter.....

This is very interesting. I was told that it was to expect to gain few pounds due to body adjusting to new energy level until we improve our grounding. At that time I thought that might be little over the top but didn't really pay attention to it since I was much younger than.

Now when I stopped practicing Hapkido I most certainly did gain few pounds (well.. ok this might be understatement Laughing )

Find Out How Learning Reiki Can Change Your Life!
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:34 am

you not do any martial art now?
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:43 am

you were told to expect to gain a few pounds??...how strange, I wonder if others were told similar things or perhaps felt lighter and appeared lighter on the scales....( as I did)... my body shape never changed though, just my physical weight...it was only a temporary thing though can't remember how long it lasted, about a week or so....very odd... I do remember mentioning it to my teacher but I can't remember her response now....
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:47 am

some would say i became more 'full of it' so maybe i put weight on! Laughing
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:17 am

well sharing it will lighten your load ahahah
    Test Account
    Test Account
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by Test Account Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:48 am

milarepa you ARE full of it.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:48 am

well at least i actually post my views.
    Test Account
    Test Account
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by Test Account Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:49 am

if i told my views it would shatter illusions. i know all 10 levels of real Reiki.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:50 am

Blapshemy! take that bag of your face, reveal yourself! you scoundrel!
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:08 am

Milarepa wrote:Blapshemy! take that bag of your face, reveal yourself! you scoundrel!

Wayne, is Test Account your Reiki Guide or do you just enjoy talking to yourself?
    lol!
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:54 pm

Test Account wrote:milarepa you ARE full of it.

I knew you couldn't hide for ever scratch
    this magic spel might work study
    O no what have you done alien
    you've blown my cover bom
    I will have to go underground @ RLL
    just for today until I get my spirit
    back. affraid

Resume topic. Does Reiki help with weight loss.
    When focusing on any illness it is usually
    recommended to eat certain foods. People looking
    to work on changing weight IMO can also gain Reiki
    balance and harmony from within to support their
    need to reduce weight. Does Reiki help with weight loss? 850837
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:02 pm

Laughing Razz
    rzukic
    rzukic
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by rzukic Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:56 am

thehungrycaterpillar wrote:Hey sunny people!

I am wondering if Reiki can be used to help with weight loss?
    Like hand positions?
    or

( ofcourse, I am exercising and *gulp* ....watching my diet )

( Yeah, got to knock off 10 lbs... fine, 15 lbs!) geek
    SSSHHH...don't tell anybody,

THC

OK, I thought we had enough fun and it was time to go back to work so I tried the earlier mentioned technique. No! Of course not for my self Very Happy (even though I could really use it and maybe I will try it later)

So this time it is for my wife and the results are bit confusing but I want to share it anyway and encourage somebody else to try it out.

Here are the results:

Day one she lost 3 pounds
    Day two nada, nothing,
    Day three she lost .5 pounds.
    Day four nada, nothing

It should be said that affirmation didn't address daily weight loss but rather the goal was set to be reached by the end of the month. Also she doesn't exercise and doesn't diet. So it is pure reiki or placebo..or?

I am wondering why this difference between day one and the rest? Could it depend on my mood since on the first day I was off and the rest I am working and come home after midnight and we do it at about 1 am. Could this be a factor?

We still have two days to goso let's see what will happen.

Regards,

Resko

Find Out How Learning Reiki Can Change Your Life
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:09 am

what she ate that day, what temperature it was, how hydrated she was, al have a factor. and not just that day. many, many days beforehand also. also, any emotional/physiological issues that might make fat burning fluctuate.

it's an interesting experiment though Resko, and if it personally brings mnore questions for me than answers, i'll be real glad. It's most beneficial for me when i see new things, or am shown my current views are wrong. I get real excited, hehe.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:44 pm