Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+9
Test Account
Thaak
Shakti ~ Rising
Milarepa
rzukic
vijaybali
Rlei_ki
Colin
thehungrycaterpillar
13 posters

Does Reiki help with weight loss?

rzukic
    rzukic
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Does Reiki help with weight loss? - Page 2 Empty Re: Does Reiki help with weight loss?

Post by rzukic Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:55 am

Milarepa wrote:what she ate that day, what temperature it was, how hydrated she was, al have a factor. and not just that day. many, many days beforehand also. also, any emotional/physiological issues that might make fat burning fluctuate.

it's an interesting experiment though Resko, and if it personally brings mnore questions for me than answers, i'll be real glad. It's most beneficial for me when i see new things, or am shown my current views are wrong. I get real excited, hehe.

I agree with you Wayne. It most certainly brings more questions than the answers and that's why it would be good if anybody else does similar experiment. Who knows we might be onto something here. I do think if affirmation is accepted by subconscious mind it will make difference.

I understand that there are many factors in play here but she didn't change anything in her diet. Just regular stuff. We will know more by the end of the month since that's what affirmation was about.

Regards,

Resko
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Does Reiki help with weight loss? - Page 2 Empty Re: Does Reiki help with weight loss?

Post by chi_solas Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:24 am

I have a friend who has always been on the yo,yo
    diet. If a wedding was coming up she'd "lose"
    weight and after wards she'd gain back double.
    Go on a cruise another diet and then on the cruise
    gain back what she "losted". The mind always looks
    to find what we loose scratch It's my understanding
    that when you focus on "losing" weight, it's the first
    2 weeks that your weight drops without Reiki. Suspect

Reiki helps us get to a better place physically, spiritually
    and emotionally. If "taking off" some weight was for our
    better good/health,then I'm sure Reiki would help with
    maintaining a healthier weight flower
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:03 am

another idea, related, is to do with martial arts. if we keep doing a move in our mind, after a while it's as if we've been actually practicing that move. also, some studies have shown that if we keep thinking about doing an exercise, such as lifting a weight, there's about 30% effectivness as if we actually lifted that weight.
    rzukic
    rzukic
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by rzukic Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:55 pm

You both are right. The power of visualization is said to be due to “picture language” being the language of our mind/soul. Also the purpose of reiki mental treatment is exactly that what you both talking about, to put new “program” in our subconscious mind which overrides our existing limiting belief. So it is not that Reiki somehow “burns” the fat but rather our body/mind does it due to new belief system.

Of course much easier said than done but what are the reiki tools for if we do not try them.

Regards,

Resko
    rzukic
    rzukic
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by rzukic Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:48 am

Here is the update to our little experiment.

Day five: lost nothing but
    day six lost 1.5

With all being said she lost total of 5 pound in 6 days!

What is very interesting (based on my notes) is that her sensations on day one and day six were the strongest. She said (and I observed it as well) that she was drifting away meaning that she was in deep alpha.

All other days the sensations were rather weak meaning she probably still was in beta state. It is by no means conclusive evidence but though very interesting one which asks for some more experiments.

It needs to be said that on day one and day six I did draw the CKR on my palms before the treatment while all other days I didn't. It would be fair to say that I was “rushing” the treatment since I was very tired from my work.

It is my opinion (and it is probably influenced by my previous work with autogenic training and NP-2 software) that affirmation might work well if the person reaches alpha state and otherwise they seem not to make any impact.

Reiki mental treatment seems to be very effective in helping the person reach the alpha state. It is also worth noting that as in this little experiment, my wife didn't participate actively (didn't repeat the affirmation and as a matter of fact didn't know the affirmation but generally knew that it was designed for weight loss) I was doing it mentally.

Regards,

Resko

Find Out How Learning Reiki Change Your Life
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:53 am

hiya Resko, thanks for the update! I can't remember if you already said, but how were you using Reiki to do this?

I'm genuinely interested in this. I dunno if you folks would agree, but if it was done over a longer period, and had more sustained results, then by god, i'd eat ym damn hat! cause that kinda thing would really excite me. discovering something like this !
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:15 am

rzukic wrote:Here is the update to our little experiment.

Day five: lost nothing but
    day six lost 1.5

With all being said she lost total of 5 pound in 6 days!

What is very interesting (based on my notes) is that her sensations on day one and day six were the strongest. She said (and I observed it as well) that she was drifting away meaning that she was in deep alpha.

All other days the sensations were rather weak meaning she probably still was in beta state. It is by no means conclusive evidence but though very interesting one which asks for some more experiments.

It needs to be said that on day one and day six I did draw the CKR on my palms before the treatment while all other days I didn't. It would be fair to say that I was “rushing” the treatment since I was very tired from my work.

It is my opinion (and it is probably influenced by my previous work with autogenic training and NP-2 software) that affirmation might work well if the person reaches alpha state and otherwise they seem not to make any impact.

Reiki mental treatment seems to be very effective in helping the person reach the alpha state. It is also worth noting that as in this little experiment, my wife didn't participate actively (didn't repeat the affirmation and as a matter of fact didn't know the affirmation but generally knew that it was designed for weight loss) I was doing it mentally.

Regards,

Resko

Find Out How Learning Reiki Change Your Life

It seems to me that using an affirmation
    during the deepest state of relaxation
    is autosuggestion. I use that when doing
    Prepare for Surgery with good results. Sleep
    rzukic
    rzukic
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by rzukic Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:45 am

Sure Wayne,

Here is how it started:

thehungrycaterpillar wrote:Hey sunny people!

I am wondering if Reiki can be used to help with weight loss?
    Like hand positions?
    or
    any energy exercises etc,.?

( of course, I am exercising and *gulp* ....watching my diet )

( Yeah, got to knock off 10 lbs... fine, 15 lbs!) geek
    SSSHHH...don't tell anybody,

THC

Than Collin posted this link

Colin wrote:Hi THC

If overweight is caused by a particular behaviorpattern e.g. overeating or lack of exercise then Reiki has just the thing! Cool

What about trying this? cyclops

http://www.aetw.org/d_seiheiki.html

Most students are taught a version of this at level 2 - as Seiheki Chiryo Ho or Mental/Emotional Treatment or Habit Healing Method or Psychological Treatment.

Good luck! Smile

Ai to Hikari
    Colin

This of course reminded me about this technique that I learned slightly different. Now I am very influenced by the work of German Psychiatrist Johannes Schultz (autogenic training) and I tried it out myself and I believe it it possible to change our limiting beliefs using this method.

It led me to learn even more so the NLP and neuroscience were next step ( I highly recommend book by Joe Dispenza “Evolve Your Brian”). Now when I read article “the science behind reiki (link posted by Wayne source: http://www.reikiteaching.co.uk/page10.html)

it re-confirmed what I had believed long ago so I thought that using the mental treatment should work just fine for I didn't doubt if affirmation works but rather if we can reach alpha state to make sure it is accepted and not rejected. So all pointed it was worth trying out. What the heck do I have to lose. Now knowing that my wife wanted to lose some weight (vacation season is coming) I recommended to try the technique out.

Since she is already 2nd level reiki student she accepted readily.

I wanted to test if affirmation would work if I mentally say it without her knowing entire affirmation (I though it would be very interesting :-))

As to the technique itself: the recipient sits (in our case we used the chair) and I would state the intent and (first and last day unfortunatelyonly) than I draw the CKR on both palms and let the energy field develop before I please my hands 1 inch or so away from back of the head (mmedulla obloganta area) I kept this position for about 5 minutes (only on day 1 and last day though) and than while holding one hand still in the previous position would move at side and draw the SHK at the top of the head and place that hand at the top of the head (7th chakra) in my case it was my right hand.

After the while when I felt the time was right I would mentally say the affirmation in 2nd person. This was done for about 10 minutes and I do not know how many times I repeated the affirmation (maybe 15-20 times).

Than I would move back behind and end the session.

Regards,

Resko

Find Out How Learning Reiki Can Change Your Life.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:00 am

You have put a lot of thought
    into this technique sunny
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:24 am

rzukic wrote:
    As to the technique itself: the recipient sits (in our case we used the chair) and I would state the intent and (first and last day unfortunatelyonly) than I draw the CKR on both palms and let the energy field develop before I please my hands 1 inch or so away from back of the head (mmedulla obloganta area) I kept this position for about 5 minutes (only on day 1 and last day though) and than while holding one hand still in the previous position would move at side and draw the SHK at the top of the head and place that hand at the top of the head (7th chakra) in my case it was my right hand.

After the while when I felt the time was right I would mentally say the affirmation in 2nd person. This was done for about 10 minutes and I do not know how many times I repeated the affirmation (maybe 15-20 times).

Than I would move back behind and end the session.

Yeah Resko, i like the technicial side of stuff, seeing if something works how it works. thanks for this detail!

I'm really glad you said what you did. And i think i can see why there could be a weight difference.

you used CKR & SHK. To 'speak' internally to your wife (use sub-conscious if you want). Where you placed your hands was vital to this experiment. You say chakras, that's cool, let me replace that with the endocrine system please for a sec. you had 2 hands doing Reiki at the back of head, on their own, it could be anatomically suggested pineal gland. But when you moved your hand up to the top, directly below the centre of the top of the head, in the middle of the head, is the hypothalamus. And the hypothalamus is what controls our body temperature. Now if we could somehow communicate with a persons hypothalamus, and make a request that the temp is slightly raised, this would create weight loss.

I ahve to make a point, in that Resko may have doen the technqiue, but ultimitely it was his wifes body, her hypothalamus that would have choose to do this. If this theory is right of course.

Real glad you shared this Resko, i never thought this way before, so you've really done me a huge service in letting me see new possible avenues.

warmest wishes
    Wayne
    rzukic
    rzukic
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by rzukic Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:39 am

Thank You Wayne,

Honestly, I probably never would have think of it the way you put. Many, many thanks.

Regards,

Resko
    awaken
    awaken

Post by awaken Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:00 pm

Reiki heals anything once a byosen is cured. With reiji-ho and intuition, and byosen reikan-ho (scanning) methods one can find the source of disease and treat it for long hours. Eventually you will feel the pounds coming off. Another worthy mention is the Hayashi manual's treatment for obesity:

"
    2. Diabetes

1.liver 2. pancreas 3. heart 4. stomach 5. intestines 6. bladder 7. kidneys 8. head 9. spinal cord 10. blood exchange

4. Obesity (Adiposis)

The same as diabetes.
    "
    LuvSoulJah
    LuvSoulJah

Post by LuvSoulJah Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:05 am

Rlei_ki wrote:
    There are techniques found in several energy-disciplines which can alter one's metabolism (particularly adrenal and thyroid function) which will eventually result in weight loss, however if applied solely for this purpose, they will generally tend to throw the system further out of balance than it was initially.[/quote]

Hi Rlei_ki,

Could you elaborate on this please? I have just been diagnosed with hyperthyroidism....
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:31 pm

I was curious what James [ Rlei_ki,]had
    on his website [http://www.aetw.org]
    about metabolism.This is what I came up
    with........

SEIKI RYOHO
    seiki
    In 1928, Jozo Ishii of the seiki ryoho kenkyu jo (Seiki Treatment Institute / Research Establishment) published a small book entitled: "Essentials of Seiki Self-Healing Therapy".

Seiki can best be translated as "Vital Life-Force"

In the book, Jozo Ishii explains that
    "seiki excites the nerves which have become exhausted and elicits a spontaneous reflexive movement in the body's muscular system" and in doing so resolves any disorders that may be present in the body.

He explains that through a regimen of daily taiso (specific exercises to stimulate and balance various physiological functions), seiki effectively wards off pain and illness.

"If the elderly make use of seiki" Ishii writes, "they will be revitalised and return to a state of good health".

He also maintains that, ultimately, seiki promotes and sustains longevity.

"Seiki stimulates any affected part of the body, triggering cellular activity in the particular area. This influence spreads throughout the surrounding areas, eventually stimulating all the cells of the body to action. The metabolism is fired, respiration is stirred to strong action, bloodflow is quickened and a balanced secretion (of bodily fluids) is activated. As a result, all stagnation within the body is flushed away. Seiki stimulates the nervous system. The nerves of the affected organs react, producing the physiological movements requisite for rehabilitation."
    reilly12
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by reilly12 Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:32 pm

Do not begin a weight loss or exercise routine without first consulting a health care professional for advice. There are many health conditions that may contraindicate rapid weight loss programs or some of the other effective short-term weight loss strategies.

Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:51 am

Hiya Reilly! Pop over to the welcome section, introduced yourself!
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:42 am

Does Reiki help with weight loss? - Page 2 85412 Reilly12

Good advise. Does Reiki help with weight loss? - Page 2 109644

A nutritionist would be the best
    expert on what foods to avoid and
    what foods to add to build a healthy
    immune system Does Reiki help with weight loss? - Page 2 158903

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 6:08 am