Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+6
Colin
Bruce
vijaybali
Dragonfly
chi_solas
Milarepa
10 posters

Is Reiki forever?

Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Is Reiki forever? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Reiki forever?

Post by Milarepa Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:48 am

EzriReiki wrote:
    Lambs-Wool wrote:

some initial thoguhts on the trail of these deep questions :

Milarepa wrote:In the notes attributed to Harue Kanemitsu, a level 2 student of Takata sensei, Takata sensei is said to have spoke in-course ' She said we would never lose our healing power, except if we were to try and teach REIKI to another.....'.

teaching reiki means teaching how to teach reiki (i.e. master level) or just teaching how to do reiki (levels one and two ) ? i feel she was alluding to master level by saying those words study

What Harue reports is what Takata seems to have said to most level 1 students. I believe Takata was not warning Reiki teachers they would lose their ability if they taught students, but Takata was talking directly to the new students who hand only begun their Reiki training, warning them against impulsively trying to teach what was not theirs to teach

EZRI

Cheers Ezri. So if this was aimed at level 1 students, what Takata sensei was saying was that they'd lose thiier Reiki ability if they tried to pass it on. That's very interesting in itself. does still go to whether Reiki is forever?
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:41 am

as long as we have an open heart and human integrity we will always have that connection to Reiki I love you
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:43 am

Dragonfly wrote:
    Milarepa wrote:
    There's also another factor. I was gonna write it last night, but didn't feel comfortable. It was beleived by many in Japan after the turn of the 20th century that things like Reiki could actually deplete our own lifeforce! Fastforward to now. Off the top of my head there's quite a few Reiki practitioners who have had heart issues, and various other ailments. Course, they may have been destined to have that anyhow, but just how preventable medicine is the principles & passing on Reiki? I say passing on Reiki cause to my mind, it's quite a few teachers who've had/do have health problems. Some very, very well known ones.

Uncomfortable reading this prob, i'm uncomfortable writing it. I dunno if it's right, i hope not, but it's always useful to generate discussion. some things i've said here are fact, whether they tie in our not, jeepers, i dunno.

Warmest wishes
    Wayne

My husband noted a few years ago that there are a number of spiritual teachers who have experienced stroke (and heart attacks), including Usui Sensei. So, if we are connected in this state of consciousness and are healing our bodies, why would we experience these major "insults" to the body? Some of it could be genetic predisposition, although there is evidence to suggest that you can override many aspects of your own genetic makeup (read Bruce Lipton's _The Biology of Belief_) and certainly you'd think that a highly evolved spiritual teacher might understand that. However, my husband, who works in health care, noted that our circulatory system requires a certain amount of arterial blood pressure in order to function properly. In other words, we need some stress in our lives. I wonder if people who meditate for long periods of time are existing so often in a super-relaxed state that it slows down arterial blood pressure to dangerous levels and causes either a bleed or perhaps even a blockage. Just a thought.
    thats a very interesting thought!
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:45 am

hmmm okay wayne.....to brush on the idea of symbols being 'placed ' inside us.... then using that same logic wouldn't you think it is possible to remove those symbols and in your view perhaps remove the ability to apply Reiki?
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:46 am

I read an article a couple of years ago by some woman who claimed to see Reiki symbols inside people and was able to remove them....I wrote a letter to the magazine claiming bullshit! it never got published ahahah
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:55 am

i don't have the view that Reik isn't forever. I said i don't know either way, hehe, i'm generating discussion.

symbols are placed within us sharon, not 'placed'. some attunements it's obvious, some not so.

See this for an example of a very common one: http://www.aetw.org/d_attune_variation_level_2.htm

whether they can be took out, i dunno. I can't do it, i don't know anyone who can, but i'm smart enough to know that means nothing. Lots of folks can do things i didn't even know possible.

warmest wishes
    Wayne
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:59 am

I'm not suggesting taht you said reiki isn't for ever, I'm just using the logic that if you think the symbols can be 'placed' inside us, then wouldn't it make sense that they can also be removed??
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:09 am

not neccesarily. an intiation is a spiritual empowerment, spiritual permission, to interact with divinity in a specific way. so sure, in this sense, it's logical that empowerment/permission may be took away.

Although what complicate it's more (and it's why i can't answer either way), is cause of the symbols. Or one. It's already been spoke about on here before about Nao hi, and the possible link to CKR. I'm only able to point to those topics/posts.

But, if this was to do with my previous paragraph, as it's my nao hi, the empowerment to experience might not be as easy to take away. Prob best to read the stuff on here bout nao hi, and follow the links.

warmest wishes
    Wayne
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:47 am

i'll check out the links wayn, but weren' you saying that you belved the symbols were placed inside us.... sorry to keep banging on, not been on here for a bit... i lose track ahaha
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:49 am

yeah, two hours ago, post 31. Laughing it's not tha ti bleive they're placed inside us, it's that i've placed them inside others! check that link i gave for a common example.
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:09 am

or so now you're splitting hairs..... ahaha
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:25 am

eh? i never needed to part hairs to place the symbols, no. i guided them in. Laughing
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:42 am

Shakti ~ Rising wrote:hmmm okay wayne.....to brush on the idea of symbols being 'placed ' inside us.... then using that same logic wouldn't you think it is possible to remove those symbols and in your view perhaps remove the ability to apply Reiki?

hi Sharon Smile

if symbols were placed 'inside us' or 'within us' physically, they could have removed (something that comes to our logical annexure, as you have said too)...

NO ?

okay Smile

if they were placed 'energetically' then we will have to see what is the enabling force to do that energetic placement.. if it were ours, we can remove the symbols energetically too... if it weren't ours, rather it was a conferred ability given to us, then we will have to see that were we conferred with the removing ability also ?

all the literature is at least silent on this point Smile Basketball

take care

salman
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:53 am

hiya Sharon Smile

just got hold an intriguing thought.... in various theologies and religions we come to read that the soul rests in our body or more precisely, to say that when soul leaves our body, we die...

ever you felt questioned that does soul lives 'within us' or 'inside us' Wink ??

ah, i m smiling a lot atm, as this is a weird question Smile

take care

salman
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:00 am

perhaps these questions haven't been raised and explored as much as we are doing?? the members here could be firestarters for new research and literature ??ahahahaha

If I think too much my head hurts Shocked
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:05 am

well some people say the heart is the seat of the soul.....others may say the pineal gland is the seat of the soul, other schools of though may say a variety of different things...

for me my 'soul' or spiritual essence is within and without.... where you going with this salman?....you;re obviously clicking something into place
    Laughing
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:07 am

interesting analysis Smile

reiki practitioners come from a diverse background... that why the questions like this were never felt important to be raised or discussed, might be due to the fact that the people who were supposed to discuss them were practical minded people Smile

well, i have some background in philosophy, and unintentionally when i m trying to tie knots wihin reiki, i'm also trying to reconcile my philosophical (or not so philosophical Smile ? ) thoughts too... while this appears sometimes to others like i m regurguiting in a ciculcar fashion, each new post gives me one step more towards reconciliation of things, not reiki specifically, rather riki vis-a-vis life generally Smile

ah, i m professionally a finance guy, thanks god i m not always trying to reconcile reiki financlly too Smile

take care

salman
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:12 am

to your second post, re: clicking something else Smile

well, tbh, i was thinking that it might be possible that the phrase of 'placing the symbols inside (or within) us' was used as a like metaphor, as you've said that some people say pineal gland is the seat of the soul...

when we give ourselves into the request for initiation with some reiki master, we can have sometimes a feeling that we are getting bit vulnerable by the act of that master placing symbols 'inside' our auric or energetic shell..... we feel bit unsafe as per our human nature...

it is something like an intrusion into our privacy ?

is this the only reason that you feel bit uncomfortable with idea of symbols being placed within us, or there are other reasons too ?

just interested to understand your viewpoint with better understanding Smile
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:30 am

my viewpoint is that I don't believe the symbols were placed and sealed in me energeticically or otherwise, I believe the symbols acted as keys to open certain doors of perception..... but not placed within and left, utilised to open access to....

I don't believe that anything can be placed and sealed energetically within.... I believ our owm minds can create negative energetic patterns within our subtle energy systems... I believ we are perfect energetically as we are, there is no need to place anything 'within'...but I do believe energetic tools can be used as keys.... but only keys, I'm probably making no sense what so ever!! ahahaha....and yes I do have issues about personal space and anyone invading it ahahaha....
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:47 am

Sharon, you'd need to find out what way you were initiated, before you can say if they werer'nt placed inside you, else how would one know?. In Usui Shiki Ryoho one common initiation is to place symbols within the head area, and to seal the process within with a door closing and CKR, for example.
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:36 pm

oh my teacher says she 'places' them within......but regardless of what anyone says about 'placing' them within, this isn't how I see it....... it was a beautiful experience for me..... there was a profound opening of my heart...it felt like a key to a door that was already ajar, but my attunements flung that door wide open....

I'm sure I'm going completely against the reiki grain here...but this is how I see it...
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:46 pm

hey if you go against the Reik grain, i'm in your gang! It's funny though, folks (teachers) don't talk that much bout initiations, online at least. And most of the detail is public knowledge now.

I remember wondering why we placed symbols where we do, and put a topic on 4all. no-one had a clue, yet we all do the initiations. Like sheep, or automated robots, not even thinking, err, WHY am i doing this?

Good god, it's ironic. So when a student asks a Msster this, 'umm, i dunno!' or maybe, 'it's not important (cause i don't know the answer)' Laughing
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:38 pm

yeah but why do people not know the answer to that question??....was it kept 'secret' back in usui's day so as to 'keep the power' within certain groups..... cause afterall knowledge with understanding is power right??

A reiki attunement is such an incredibly profound act.... people search their whole lives for something so simple which brings about spiritual awakening.....why are there so many gaps in the knowledge and understanding????
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:34 pm

it could be that it was kept secret, but surely there was less secrets at master level. Shinpiden means mystery teachings.

what we know for certain, is that much has been lost over the last 30 years or so, and continues to. Folks change things. So, how many hours a day you got sharon? isn't it much easier to go study stuff we've got readily available, such as chakras, etc? The other way, is that we go searching for answers, sometimes when we don't even know the questions. Very time consuming, very frustrating.

What should teachers do though? some teachers feel they should know everything about the subject they teach. There's nothing more embarrasing, not to mention useless, than a teacher not knowing the answers to basic questions.
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:50 pm

Milarepa wrote:it could be that it was kept secret, but surely there was less secrets at master level. Shinpiden means mystery teachings.

what we know for certain, is that much has been lost over the last 30 years or so, and continues to. Folks change things. So, how many hours a day you got sharon? isn't it much easier to go study stuff we've got readily available, such as chakras, etc? The other way, is that we go searching for answers, sometimes when we don't even know the questions. Very time consuming, very frustrating.

What should teachers do though? some teachers feel they should know everything about the subject they teach. There's nothing more embarrasing, not to mention useless, than a teacher not knowing the answers to basic questions.

Maybe the answers to some questions are up to the individual to experience for themselves, rather then receiving an answer given from someone else's experience?
    Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:10 pm