Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+6
Colin
Bruce
vijaybali
Dragonfly
chi_solas
Milarepa
10 posters

Is Reiki forever?

Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Is Reiki forever? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Reiki forever?

Post by Milarepa Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:03 pm

sure, for some things. though that would give a myraid of answers for questions that have a definite answer as well. There can't be a subjective reason for why we're taught to focus on certain areas with symbols.
    rzukic
    rzukic
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by rzukic Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:29 am

Back in the days the teachers were “more advanced” ..(this is not meant to offend any “inexperienced western teachers Very Happy ..) and they had great ability to “avoid your question” and/or to stop you even asking.

They would say that “just as Reiki practitioner facilitates reiki healing so Reiki Teacher facilitates reiki attunement” so it is not actually Reiki Teacher that does Reiki attunement but rather Higher Self (now depending how one understands this could be something “within” ...or maybe not? And if it is not something from “within” than it could be even Dr. Usui, since he was asked for help as well.
    “Any more questions?” “No, teacher! I have whole life in front of me to figure this one out” Question

As to the symbols, the closest understanding I got so far is that they might be key(s) but I would say rather to higher level of my own consciousness. It works very similar to anchors.

Regards,
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:44 am

western teachers are just an inexperienced as eastern teachers think they're 'experts', Resko, Smile
    rzukic
    rzukic
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by rzukic Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:09 am

Well Said!

Thank You.
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:06 am

rzukic wrote:
    As to the symbols,........... It works very similar to anchors.

Regards,

That is a very thought provoking word when used in regard to symbols Smile

thanks buddy

Basketball
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:24 pm

Lambs-Wool wrote:
    rzukic wrote:
    As to the symbols,........... It works very similar to anchors.

Regards,

That is a very thought provoking word when used in regard to symbols Smile

thanks buddy

Basketball

The word anchor captured my attention Is Reiki forever? - Page 3 850837
    rzukic
    rzukic
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by rzukic Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:54 pm

OK, I am listening
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:21 pm

Update:

Robert Fueston was reading this topic, and wasn't sure about the information regarding the level 2 notes being from Harue Kanemitsu, a student of Takata. Robert has kindly managed to get in contact with Harue. Harue confirms that she was trained in level 1 by Takata in July 1979. This means that the 1975 notes that are atributed to her cannot be hers.

Makes me wonder, just who's notes are they?
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:33 pm

Milarepa wrote:Update:

Robert Fueston was reading this topic, and wasn't sure about the information regarding the level 2 notes being from Harue Kanemitsu, a student of Takata. Robert has kindly managed to get in contact with Harue. Harue confirms that she was trained in level 1 by Takata in July 1979. This means that the 1975 notes that are atributed to her cannot be hers.

Makes me wonder, just who's notes are they?

Hmmm...interesting! I've no idea - who actually first attributed them to Harue? I think I've only heard that name before on Rick Rivard's site in connection with a table of the Reiki Hand Positions based on the Hayashi Healing Guide.

By the way, in answer to the question posed by this topic, I came across this answer, and typical illustrative story, from Takata herself:

http://learnreiki.org/newsletters/2008-11-Reiki-Newsletter.htm

This is taken from the transcripts of unreleased tapes made at Q & A sessions with Takata and groups of students, including John Harvey Gray, who made the tapes.

I hope they get around to releasing the proposed CD set of these tapes soon - they have been mentioning it for a while now! Smile
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:29 am

ahem, i do know of a certain UK course coming up soon, in which the teacher does have several tapes of Takata. Very Happy
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:22 am

Milarepa wrote:ahem, i do know of a certain UK course coming up soon, in which the teacher does have several tapes of Takata. Very Happy

I have the four that have been made available: Takata Speaks Vol 1, Takata Teaching Second Degree, Takata Talks About Mikao Usui and Takata Talks About Chujiro Hayashi.

What I was talking about was the tapes made by John Harvey Gray of the Q&A sessions at the Trinity Metaphysical Center, in Redwood City, CA. I believe Phyllis Furumoto also has quite a few tapes that have not been made public yet. Do you know whether Robert has any of these? Smile
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:28 am

Email him & ask him Colin. He's very approachable. Particularly with a fellow researcher, Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:29 am