Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

4 posters

A kind of magnetic repulsion during treatment?

colibio
    colibio
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

A kind of magnetic repulsion during treatment? Empty A kind of magnetic repulsion during treatment?

Post by colibio Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:24 pm

Hi all,

I'm new to this site and new to Reiki as well (on the giving side). I got 'attuned' about a month ago and have been practicing reiki on myself with good results. Tonight though, I tried it on another person for the first time.

My brother fell off of his bike a few months ago and injured his wrist which still hasn't healed properly. He's been to several doctors who say nothing is broken or sprained so there is nothing they can do about it. He's been asking me to use reiki on it for a while now but I didn't want to try it until I felt comfortable enough with it myself.

Anyway, I tried it on him tonight and something odd happened. Around the rest of his body I felt the energy passing from me to him fluidly, but his wrist was a different story...

I started by holding it between my hands and felt that he was passing the energy to me instead of the other way around. I moved on to other areas, not wanting to be thrown off and when I returned to his wrist I held my hands over where I felt he needed it. However, whenever my hands got closer to his skin, I felt a sort of buoyancy, like when you hold two magnets of the same pole near each other.

I'm not quite sure what to make of it or if this is a good or a bad thing and was hoping that you guys could give some advice or see if anyone has felt something similar.

Thanks in advance!
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

A kind of magnetic repulsion during treatment? Empty Re: A kind of magnetic repulsion during treatment?

Post by chi_solas Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:34 pm

colibio wrote:Hi all,

I'm new to this site and new to Reiki as well (on the giving side). I got 'attuned' about a month ago and have been practicing reiki on myself with good results. Tonight though, I tried it on another person for the first time.

My brother fell off of his bike a few months ago and injured his wrist which still hasn't healed properly. He's been to several doctors who say nothing is broken or sprained so there is nothing they can do about it. He's been asking me to use reiki on it for a while now but I didn't want to try it until I felt comfortable enough with it myself.

Anyway, I tried it on him tonight and something odd happened. Around the rest of his body I felt the energy passing from me to him fluidly, but his wrist was a different story...

I started by holding it between my hands and felt that he was passing the energy to me instead of the other way around. I moved on to other areas, not wanting to be thrown off and when I returned to his wrist I held my hands over where I felt he needed it. However, whenever my hands got closer to his skin, I felt a sort of buoyancy, like when you hold two magnets of the same pole near each other.

I'm not quite sure what to make of it or if this is a good or a bad thing and was hoping that you guys could give some advice or see if anyone has felt something similar.

Thanks in advance!

Welcome Colibio cheers

My own personal Reiki healing experience
    has taught me that my healing had to wait
    until the natural healing takes its own course.
    The emotional/spiritual/physical have their
    own order. Depending on each persons healing
    journey. Every Reiki session is different cause
    our day to day experiences keep changing. sunny
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

A kind of magnetic repulsion during treatment? Empty Re: A kind of magnetic repulsion during treatment?

Post by Colin Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:22 pm

Hi Colibio!

Welcome to the Lounge and to Reiki! cheers

To me, it sounds like you were detecting a byosen (energetic imbalance or toxin buildup) around the wrist. This is an indicator that Reiki is needed there to help rebalance - particularly as the rest of his body felt the same to you. When you fall and bang your head you often get a lump which you can see and feel but I think it is also possible to get a lump in your energy field and maybe that is what you were feeling?

Byosen can be felt differently by different people and also depend upon the severity of the imbalalance/toxin buildup - e.g. heat, tingling, coolnesss, ache, pain or more subtly as a feeling of push or pull or even a vision of colour, a rough texture or just a "knowing". Traditionally, hands were kept on such an area until the byosen died down and went away (which could take quite a while i.e. a whole session or even over several sessions).

Remember, we really just offer Reiki to the recipient - it is they who choose whether to accept it as a healing opportunity or not - and Reiki always works to bring balance, even if there may be a worsening of symptoms (called a healing reaction) before lasting improvement is seen.

Hope that helps

Smile
    Colin
    Reikiverse
    Reikiverse
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by Reikiverse Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:20 pm

colibio, first welcome to RLL. Colin is correct in that it is Byosen or more formally Byosen Reikan-Ho and sometimes referred to as scanning in "western" style Reiki. This is essentially a technique to find the accumulation of toxins in the body and the corresponding energetic sensations (hibiki) you feel like heat, cold, etc. I have seen byosen translated as "sick accumulation", "sick line", and "sick point". Here on RLL Lambs-Wool postulated a very interesting hypothesis that the hibiki you feel are the medium through which you can read the various sensations to gain insight into the physical manifestation of the disease/injury. I have also read that other's experiences with the same recipient of reiki changes over time. I would caution that the presence or absence of byosen and hibiki neither confirms nor disproves the existence of reiki. I say this because some practitioners can become focused on this and assume that these sensations need to be there to prove that reiki is working. Frank Arjava Petter has suggested that there is a range of severity in byosen starting with heat as the least severe and ending with physical pain in the practitioner's hand as the worst.

Levels of byosen
    1. Heat
    2. Strong heat
    3. Tingling, pins and needles,magnetic feeling
    4. Pulsation, cold
    5. Pain in the hand of the practitioner

James Deacon's Page on Byosen:
    http://www.aetw.org/d_byosen.html

Lambs-Wool's input here at RLL:
    http://www.reikilearninglounge.com/t1083-byosen-in-a-distant-treatment-what-it-suggests

Frank Arjava Petter's second of three newsletters on Byosen:
    http://reikidharma.com/en/reiki/news/en_news25.html

Hope this helps,
    Reikiverse
    colibio
    colibio
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by colibio Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:53 am

Wow, thank you so much chi_solas, Colin, and Reikiverse. It helps tremendously to know that other people have not only felt the same thing as I have but that to feel it is normal/expected.

What you said (Colin and Reikiverse) about the byosen sounds pretty spot on. I was really thrown off by the sensation at first, but after reading your comments I went back and worked on my brother with success...at least to the point where I felt him accepting/taking the heat that my hands were giving off.

The first article that you sent, Reikiverse, talking about repulsion and coldness lines up perfectly with the problem my brother has in his wrist. He still needs more work but right after I did the treatment he said he didn't feel any pain in his wrist so at least I know I got through.

Thank you again, sincerely. I'm sure I'll be back later with more questions! Smile
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:02 am

Sensations during the Reiki sessions
    depends on the clients physical,
    emotional and spiritual level. I have
    experienced cold hands when the client
    has experienced heat. The practitioner
    is also experiencing ULFE during the
    session. The client and the practitioner
    are having different interactions with
    the "Reiki" source during a session. bounce sunny

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:12 pm