Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

4 posters

Absent treatment..

Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Absent treatment.. Empty Absent treatment..

Post by Milarepa Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:28 pm

Over the last couple of weeks, every night i do absent treatment for my daughter, whom lives a few hundred miles away. At times it's been proving impossible for us to be in contact, for reasons i won't go into. Alyssa is only 11, but quite a mature, intelligent young lady. She's quite spiritual herself, and seems to be developing an interest in Reiki.

It's maybe unfortunate, but about the only way we can 'connect', or at least, feel more connected, is with Reiki. Hence our nightly Reiki sessions, just when Alyssa is ready to go to bed.

It's brought a new appreciation to absent Reiki for me. And it's certainly added immense depth to the technqiue. The way i use is the way Takata sensei would have done. 20 mins treatment, using photo at start if poss, and actually doing a treatment as if Alyssa was there. I've found the best expereinces, both personally, and with the recipient, has been this way. It's got little to do with anything 'puritan'. Yeah, for once some of you might say! Absent treatment.. 564490 .

I marvel at the connection that is formed with another human, whilst doing Reiki this way. And not just recently with my daughter (though it's the recent expereince which prompts me here) . Just like in-person treatments, it's as if the walls, and all space between me & the recipient tumble down. Really most of everything else ceases to be. There's just myself, the recipient, and the single pointedness of what's being done. It's an immensely sacred, special, and fantastic expereince, as i'm sure you folks know.

This brings me to the reason for posting. In this fast paced world, particularly in the west, i question the validity of technqiues which claim to be able to absent heal many at once. Or, even the 'programming' techniques, whereby Reiki goes automatically, at a certain time. HSZSN is a call to mindfullness, to solely concentrate on one single thing. The phrase has been empowered within Usui Reiki, by, imo, Usui sensei, to enable one not just to recite a mindfullness phrase in Japanese, but, to expererience one of it's truths, in ways which many others don't even know exist...

That there's no empty space between us, that we're all truely connected. That time is an illusion, an obstacle to our spiritual growth, and a favourite of the ego.

To solely honour another human, and devote 20 mins of complete focus, by virtue of HSZSN, is both honouring oneself, honuring the recipient, and honouring God. The potential effect this expereince has on the practitioner, and the recipient, is something i feel that shouln't be disregarded, simply because there seems to be quicker, easier ways out.

If a person requires absent healing, we should be grateful for the honour to be witness to that,Kansha shite . And, work hard to give that one person, the attention that HSZSN calls upon, Gyo wo hage me. In doing this, we're being truely kind to others, Hito ni shinsetsu ni.

Take care
    Wayne
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Absent treatment.. Empty Re: Absent treatment..

Post by Colin Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:29 am

Excellent post, Wayne!

I agree wholeheartedly!

cheers

Ai to Hikari
    Colin
    Bruce

Post by Bruce Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:55 am

Milarepa wrote:The way i use is the way Takata sensei would have done. 20 mins treatment, using photo at start if poss, and actually doing a treatment as if Alyssa was there.

[. . . .]

This brings me to the reason for posting. In this fast paced world, particularly in the west, i question the validity of technqiues which claim to be able to absent heal many at once. Or, even the 'programming' techniques, whereby Reiki goes automatically, at a certain time.

[. . . .]

I think best practice is the most mindful, which is to move energy through one person. A photo can help to set the intent. I don't understand the heal-many-at-the-same-time approaches, which feel like a dilution of intent. I've sometimes gotten back visual images of the recipient's condition (occsionally including stuff not yet known to the recipient) when working on 'em individually, but not during the few times I've tried working on more than one person simultaneously.

Bruce
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:24 am

I agree Bruce. It makes me wonder how techniques like Reiji ho could ever be performed, if many are being 'treated' at once. Reiji ho is another very specific, personal to that one person in that one treatment, technique. It's what my daughter & I use, and really accentuates the sacredness even more.

Take care
    Wayne
    Dragonfly
    Dragonfly
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Dragonfly Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:23 am

Thank you for sharing your experience and perspectives on this, Wayne. And I'm so glad you have found a loving and beneficial way to connect with your daughter. Believe me, this will go a long way towards healing the separation you two have endured. I wish I had had something like this when I reconnected with my father at 25.

Everything I've read about HSZSN is that it works outside time and space, which I guess is why there is the ability to treat multiple things at once. I find distant Reiki kind of difficult for me, even though I do it when requested. I guess it's harder for me to feel that I've established a direct connection the way I can when someone is physically present. I trust Reiki enough to know it works even if I can't experience it the way I'm used to. But it's still not always easy.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:59 am

Dragonfly wrote:Thank you for sharing your experience and perspectives on this, Wayne. And I'm so glad you have found a loving and beneficial way to connect with your daughter. Believe me, this will go a long way towards healing the separation you two have endured. I wish I had had something like this when I reconnected with my father at 25.

Yeah Dana, i'm so, so lucky. To have been gave another chance at this with Alyssa. And you know, she's a great kid. Has a keen interest in God, reading, martial arts, and now Reiki. Heck, we even like some of the same music, and have the same kinda handwriting! Hehe. Anyhow, we have a set time each evening for Reiki, and to share that time, just a special time between us both, where we're being witness to God in action, is a really great help to us. The bond that has grown between us is amazing. Not just the father/daughter relationship that's devloped, but we've become fantastic freinds also. I'm so grateful to Reiki, and God for all this.

Dragonfly wrote:
    Everything I've read about HSZSN is that it works outside time and space, which I guess is why there is the ability to treat multiple things at once.

Undertsand what you're saying, Smile . I can't get myself past what HSZSN means, being a call to mindfullness. In my own application of mindfullness, focus on one thing at a time is what it's about, not focus on multiple. Of course, if folks say it works it works, multiple. Yet, as i'm suggesting, and i think Bruce also has shared, when one focuses on one person at a time, that's when there's a noticeabel difference. And really, when absent treating another, we're offering a service. It should be carried out in the most optimal way, for that specific client. Smile .

Dragonfly wrote:
    I find distant Reiki kind of difficult for me, even though I do it when requested. I guess it's harder for me to feel that I've established a direct connection the way I can when someone is physically present. I trust Reiki enough to know it works even if I can't experience it the way I'm used to. But it's still not always easy.

I think i know what you mean here. I do feel the 'connection' ok, often it takes my breath away for a second, hehe. Yet, i always prefer in-person treatment. And, this might be from my old 'bad habit' days, but i've the opinion that in-person is better. Of course, that doesn't make sense, what with my ideas on quantum physics, Reikii, etc, it's a sure contradiction. And is actually not what Takata sensei taught. So now i speak of it, i think i'll go resolve it within me.

thanks for your words, it's reminded me!

Take care
    Wayne

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:13 pm