Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

3 posters

Does the concept of Kundalini Awakening exist in other religions too?

thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Does the concept of Kundalini Awakening exist in other religions too? Empty Does the concept of Kundalini Awakening exist in other religions too?

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Fri May 29, 2009 3:02 am

Hey Lads and Ladies!
    I have got scattered questions under this topic... drunken

1) I was wondering if the concept of Kundalini or Kundalini Awakening exist in other religions or other parts of the world too?
    If so , what is it called? Are the symptoms and spiritual changes and experiences the same?

2) I also read recently that taking recreational drugs can cause Kundalini Awakening!!!! Shocked silent Question OMG!
    If it is about spiritual awakening, then what's the drug doing in this context??!!!

3) Is it common for Reiki practitioners to be subjected to Kundalini Awakening over a period of time?
    What happens to Reiki peeps after 15-20 years of practice??? Very Happy Exclamation

@QQQQQQQ0
    Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Does the concept of Kundalini Awakening exist in other religions too? Empty Re: Does the concept of Kundalini Awakening exist in other religions too?

Post by Pandora Fri May 29, 2009 3:46 am

I looked back over my Reiki diary that I kept over the first days of my L2 attunement this morning, and I found that I described some form of awakening. I'd started a self healing and gone to sleep. When I woke up I found myself in some form of ecstasy which seemed to be pulsing up my spine (and before you ask, my hands were on my tum) and out through my crown chakra. I can only put that down to a Kundalini experience.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Does the concept of Kundalini Awakening exist in other religions too? Empty Re: Does the concept of Kundalini Awakening exist in other religions too?

Post by Milarepa Fri May 29, 2009 5:08 am

thehungrycaterpillar wrote:
    1) I was wondering if the concept of Kundalini or Kundalini Awakening exist in other religions or other parts of the world too?

not sure about this. I know there's a body of people that beleive most of the worlds knowledge stems from the area around modern India. They say Aryans (not to be confused with modern racists), decended into the lands of modern India. These Aryans are in fact decendants from Atlantis, apparentely.

2) I also read recently that taking recreational drugs can cause Kundalini Awakening!!!! Shocked silent Question OMG!
    If it is about spiritual awakening, then what's the drug doing in this context??!!!

The drug may, open ones awareness, whilst enabling them to 'let go' of the 'reality' they assume they're living. There's no guarantees a spiritual awakening will take place, and it depends on a lot of factors. It's not something that should be thought about lightly.

speaking purely from personal experience, there may also develop 'recreational spirituality'. Whilst it's true, throughout the world, there have been & are uses of substances within spirituality, by far in the main, in every single path i've come across, what is most emphasised is to work on ourselves diligently. the reasons for someone ever considering takign a substance for a spiritual experience, should maybe ask themselves why they feel they need to use something other than what's within them, to experience divinity.

not saying this to you, but a general comment.

3) Is it common for Reiki practitioners to be subjected to Kundalini Awakening over a period of time?

It's common for them to experience whatever they experience, Smile . The more one experiences their divinity, as in Reiki, the more it will benefit them spiritually. This may materialise as something akin to Kundalini awakening, or not.

What happens to Reiki peeps after 15-20 years of practice??? Very Happy Exclamation

They write a book. Or tell the world the one true style. Hehe, Smile .

I dunno. whatever experience a person has spiritually depends on a huge amount of factors. biggest one comes to my mind is not what path any one person is on, what style or technique they do. What is most important, is the way they regard creation all around them, and the way they interact with it, and the way they feel within their whole being about everyone, everything.

I've come across the most spiritual people ever, whom don't even belief in divinity, and don't do anything 'spiritual', hehe.

After all, spirituality is all about the way you perceive, feel & interact with all of creation. Not the way others think you should, Smile . Now i'm digressing, Smile .

Take care
    Wayne
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Fri May 29, 2009 2:52 pm

Pandora wrote:I looked back over my Reiki diary that I kept over the first days of my L2 attunement this morning, and I found that I described some form of awakening. I'd started a self healing and gone to sleep. When I woke up I found myself in some form of ecstasy which seemed to be pulsing up my spine (and before you ask, my hands were on my tum) and out through my crown chakra. I can only put that down to a Kundalini experience.

lol!

Seriously, Wow!!
    You are the second reiki practitioner I know, to talk about such an experience.
    The first one is another woman practitioner who experienced a 'lightning bolt - hitting her' kind of experience inside her own room who also had a lot of cranial pressure etc,.

( interesting...) study
    She did not know it was kundalini experience until much later..

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:00 am