Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+2
Pandora
thehungrycaterpillar
6 posters

got a lame question...!

thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

got a lame question...! Empty got a lame question...!

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:47 am

Hey, hey!

OK, I always wondered why we keep our hand flat and fingers together during the various handpositions?
    and I was taught to keep the 2 hands flat and one behind the other, touching each other?
    is it just a rule or does it affect anything?
    Please for the last time,
    - Jewelery wearing, YES or NO?

Thanks,
    Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

got a lame question...! Empty Re: got a lame question...!

Post by Pandora Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:08 am

Well this is very much my own experience here.

I have (had?) rheumatoid arthritis, and it has affected my hands by making the thumb joint "drop" so that I physically can not hold my thumb at the side of my fingers. It seems to make no difference. When I did my Level 2 attunement, one of the other participants had hands that were much worse than mine - she couldn't stretch her fingers out flat - and it made no difference to the Reiki.

As to jewellery, I always ask my clients to remove their jewellery and definitely before an attunement. This is because during my Level 1 attunement, the black onyx in my engagement ring broke and flew out of its setting (we did find it afterwards). My RM said it was because it was black and had absorbed too much energy. So now I take the precautionary measure of asking for jewellery containing real stones to be removed. (can't be too careful these days can we!)
    monkey
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:57 am

I teach, fingers together palms down
    keep hands relaxed vs ridgid.
    sunny

Jewelry is optional, I ask clients if
    they would like to put their jewelry
    in a special container that I provide.
    Some folks take off watches/jewelry.
    Others prefer to wear jewelry.Perfume
    is not encouraged.
    got a lame question...! 850837
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki
    Senior member/Forum Promoter
    Senior member/Forum Promoter

Post by Rlei_ki Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:40 pm

thehungrycaterpillar wrote:

[a quick 'copy-n-paste' from aetw.org]

Some people say that jewelery can interfere with the 'energetic vibrations' - however there does not seem to be any viable evidence to support this claim.

There are, however a few valid reasons for removing jewelery items prior to giving a Reiki treatment.

Firstly: on occasion, items of jewelery have been known to 'snagg' on the client's clothing - and having to interrupt treatment in order to cautiously disentangle yourself without pulling too many threads in your clients designer sweater (- not to mention the concern that the client might bill you for damages), can somewhat 'break' the soothing atmosphere of the treatment room.

Secondly: some practitioners have a tendency to suffer from 'bracelet, bangle & bead overload' and many clients do not appreciate, for example, having almost half a kilo of jewelery resting on their head while receiving treatment on their face/eyes.

Thirdly: (and this is also a reason clients are requested to wear non constricting clothing, loosen belts, and take off their shoes) When the body relaxes ( -a central response in Reiki treatment - for both practitioner and client) blood flows towards the surface of the body, sub-cutaneous blood-vessels dilate resulting in the production of surface heat and various degrees of natural, temporary, swelling - particularly of the hands and feet.

So, in the case of both practitioner and client, it is a good idea to remove tight-fitting jewelery such as rings, and either remove or at least loosen items such as watches. This is partly for the sake of comfort; and also to avoid the even the slightest inhibition of the circulation.
    Smile
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:00 pm

Hmm I have not encountered folks
    who are adorned in much jewelry. farao

I do not wear jewelry myself and
    assumed that Reiki practitioners
    in general just don't wear jewelry

Oops! should not ass-u -me got a lame question...! 850837

sunny
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:47 am

There are, however a few valid reasons for removing jewelery items prior to giving a Reiki treatment.

Secondly: some practitioners have a tendency to suffer from 'bracelet, bangle & bead overload' and many clients do not appreciate, for example, having almost half a kilo of jewelery resting on their head while receiving treatment on their face/eyes.

Thirdly: (and this is also a reason clients are requested to wear non constricting clothing, loosen belts, and take off their shoes) When the body relaxes ( -a central response in Reiki treatment - for both practitioner and client) blood flows towards the surface of the body, sub-cutaneous blood-vessels dilate resulting in the production of surface heat and various degrees of natural, temporary, swelling - particularly of the hands and feet.

got a lame question...! 564490
    James, you have done it again!
    Arabella
    Arabella

Post by Arabella Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:31 pm

Ahhahahahaha! I love jewelry, esp. gemstone/crystal. And esp. honkin' big gemstones/crystals. (Should see the turquoise earrings I got in the Navaho shop in the Denver airport (What a GREAT! shop to have in an airport Very Happy ). Huge -- a friend asked me if I'd left any turquoise in Colorado.

I do typically take rings and bracelets off before a session, though. Don't want to crush client's head.
    vijaybali
    vijaybali

Post by vijaybali Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:16 am

thehungrycaterpillar wrote:Hey, hey!

OK, I always wondered why we keep our hand flat and fingers together during the various handpositions?
    and I was taught to keep the 2 hands flat and one behind the other, touching each other?

Thanks,

dear THC,

When any body in starting phase of reiki he should follow the rules whatever teaches in the classes as soon as you become senior you can developed your way that time you have no need to think how to heal or how to position the hand it will happend automatically and in jewelery, cellphone, lot of other thing who also used waves frequency need to take procaution. so just practise you get your all anwser.

keep it up
    vj
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:32 am

vijaybali wrote:
    thehungrycaterpillar wrote:Hey, hey!

Thanks,

dear THC,

When any body in starting phase of reiki he should follow the rules whatever teaches in the classes as soon as you become senior you can developed your way that time you have no need to think how to heal or how to position the hand it will happend automatically and in jewelery, cellphone, lot of other thing who also used waves frequency need to take procaution. so just practise you get your all anwser.

keep it up
    vj

Cellphones do need to be turned off
    as does the practitioners landline
    phone

Sleep
    vijaybali
    vijaybali

Post by vijaybali Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:03 pm

dear THC,

Cellphones do need to be turned off
    as does the practitioners landline
    phone

Sleep[/quote]

it is not matter if landline on why i will explain.

Cellphone has vibaration and that vibaration is harmful to us it is also said by lot of time by reasearcher and now days we are watching lot of brain problem due to different- type of vibration and cellphone is also one of them so it is showing vibration which sended by or recieved by cellphone is negative for us on other hand landline work with wire and it more inside the wire and there very very less effect on our body that reason i mention only cellphone not landline.

So ifeel you can understand why i mention only cellphone

take care keep it up
    vj
    Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Pandora Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:08 pm

Well yes Vijay I see what you mean about the wires. But what I think is being said is, if you turn your landline phone off (or set it straight to answerphone or silent) then you won't feel tempted to answer it and disturb the healing!
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:24 am

Cellphones imo are as harmful as all
    the high tech used in hospitals. scratch

Yes Pandora, I was referring to not
    interrupting the Reiki in session. got a lame question...! 850837
    vijaybali
    vijaybali

Post by vijaybali Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:36 pm

dear pandora,

It is my experience i can heal a person with talking it is not have much effect on healing but when i have mobile and it is on that time i saw my healing has less effected that is my practical experience that is reason i mention cellphone not landline. Now days i am healing with talking it is working......

keep it up
    vj

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:56 am