Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+9
rzukic
Dharma
whiteeagle
papakeri
Rlei_ki
Lambs-Wool
Reikijim
Thaak
Milarepa
13 posters

Reiki can do no harm?

Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Reiki can do no harm? - Page 2 Empty Re: Reiki can do no harm?

Post by Milarepa Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:13 am

Colin wrote:

I get the impression here that some people are saying we should not give Reiki to people with conditions caused by other life-forms e.g. viruses, bacteria, fungi, parasites and even abnormal proliferation of our own cells. Mikao Usui, Chujiro Hayashi and Hawayo Takata all recommended hand positions for conditions such as these - so presumably they were happy to give Reiki in these circumstances and didn't think it would provide the causative agent with more energy?
    Smile

I know my main reason for this topic was to highlight the oxymoron of ULE being provided to a living creature, whilst either directly or indirectly causing the death of countless others. There's no 'universal' there. the chat's weaving in an interesting direction.

For me it's easy to work. I don't regard Reiki as ULE, it's different from Qigong & say QT, in experience/feeling. I see Reiki as the effect of a humans divinity (this is why instantly Reiki is so spritual than other things), which is why it can easily create an environment in which other lifeforms would die.
    vijaybali
    vijaybali

Reiki can do no harm? - Page 2 Empty reiki harm

Post by vijaybali Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:19 am

hai friends,

interesting topic pls not mind i have some very different and
    practical experience after that experience i can say surely reiki can harm
    i am not trying to give negativeness to lot of friends but it is true.

if i am going to explain my one of terrible experience than again this article become very lengthy which i don't want. But i just give simple example....

work of boat to save us into water and boat have capability to take
    us cross the river but if driver of boat is not experts than definitely
    boat merge into water. same reiki or energy has power of everything
    But receiver is not perfect than definitely it harm receiver...

it is sufficient to understand my hints i don't want to put that experienced
    which i faced and if i explain it will give more negativeness than positiveness.

Thanks, love and regards,
    vj
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:25 am

If the driver of the boat is not
    experienced and sinks the boat then
    he lacked the credentials to man the
    boat. The folks in the boat should
    have checked to see if he had the
    skills to navigate the boat to safety.

when I facilitate Reiki I know that I
    can help the recipient relax so they can
    navigate their energy to remove blockages
    that prevent them from moving forward so
    they can keep themselves safe from harm sunny
    rzukic
    rzukic
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by rzukic Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:29 am

I would like to thank you all for taking the time and respond. I hope that we are all in agreement that our understanding of the world is rather limited for it is based on our five senses, which unfortunately are limited. So our understanding of Reiki isn't exception.

However, when like minded people are ready to exchange their points of view, in friendly environment such as this forum, than without any doubt everybody has a fair shot on achieving more. With that being said it seems (unlesss I misunderstood something) that we somehow getting to the point that Reiki could be used to harm people indirectly by “sending” it to the enemy of the person who is to be harmed (i.e. the viruses, bacteria etc.).

This is certainly very interesting twist and I am wondering what are your thoughts?

To be fair here I am going to start with my colorful point of view :-). I think that this wouldn't work. If we agree that everything is energy, us included, than it is fare to say that those energies have different values. Let's for the sake of simplicity say that summary of one person energy value is expressed as a color yellow (I said it will be colorful). And if that person that we now see as yellow energy, is to get in contact to Reiki and based on definition that Reiki is the highest vibration, let's give it value of color Red. Now what happens when Red & Yellow are mixed? Right, we have new quality here and if we add more red over the time this orange will also changed and eventually become Red.

As to the inadvertently feeding bacterias and/or viruses during full treatment, I think the easy way around it is to “send” (I am using this term for sake of simplicity :-)) Reiki to person's immune system.

Speaking of transformation process, I believe that most of us who are practicing Reiki for some time now, will affirm that we indeed did become better people (maybe the term itself is too broad) or do I dare to say “we did transform” :-)). Now the question that begs to be asked here is: “Is this to be attributedd to the aging process (as we age we becomee“wiser” :-) ) or did Reiki indeedincreasey our vibrations.

Regards,

Resko

Discover How Learning Reiki Can Change Your Life!
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:40 am

vijaybali wrote:
    work of boat to save us into water and boat have capability to take
    us cross the river but if driver of boat is not experts than definitely
    boat merge into water. same reiki or energy has power of everything
    But receiver is not perfect than definitely it harm receiver...

chi_solas wrote:If the driver of the boat is not
    experienced and sinks the boat then
    he lacked the credentials to man the
    boat. The folks in the boat should
    have checked to see if he had the
    skills to navigate the boat to safety.

also, if we give two coins to the ferryman, he can steer the boat for us!

Reiki can do no harm? - Page 2 564490 . This is sounding like a Zen Koan, hehe. Sorry, i'm just in a funny mood.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:55 am

rzukic wrote:I would like to thank you all for taking the time and respond. I hope that we are all in agreement that our understanding of the world is rather limited for it is based on our five senses, which unfortunately are limited. So our understanding of Reiki isn't exception.

However, when like minded people are ready to exchange their points of view, in friendly environment such as this forum, than without any doubt everybody has a fair shot on achieving more. With that being said it seems (unlesss I misunderstood something) that we somehow getting to the point that Reiki could be used to harm people indirectly by “sending” it to the enemy of the person who is to be harmed (i.e. the viruses, bacteria etc.).

This is certainly very interesting twist and I am wondering what are your thoughts?

To be fair here I am going to start with my colorful point of view :-). I think that this wouldn't work. If we agree that everything is energy, us included, than it is fare to say that those energies have different values. Let's for the sake of simplicity say that summary of one person energy value is expressed as a color yellow (I said it will be colorful). And if that person that we now see as yellow energy, is to get in contact to Reiki and based on definition that Reiki is the highest vibration, let's give it value of color Red. Now what happens when Red & Yellow are mixed? Right, we have new quality here and if we add more red over the time this orange will also changed and eventually become Red.

As to the inadvertently feeding bacterias and/or viruses during full treatment, I think the easy way around it is to “send” (I am using this term for sake of simplicity :-)) Reiki to person's immune system.

Speaking of transformation process, I believe that most of us who are practicing Reiki for some time now, will affirm that we indeed did become better people (maybe the term itself is too broad) or do I dare to say “we did transform” :-)). Now the question that begs to be asked here is: “Is this to be attributedd to the aging process (as we age we becomee“wiser” :-) ) or did Reiki indeedincreasey our vibrations.

Regards,

Resko

Discover How Learning Reiki Can Change Your Life!

I know quite a few young folks
    who are wiser than some older
    folks.

I would say that Reiki was one of
    the tools that helped me to enhance
    my spiritual needs, that enhanced my
    emotional needs that enhanced my
    physical needs.
    sunny
    Dharma
    Dharma

Post by Dharma Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:28 am

Colin wrote:
    chi_solas wrote:
    Dharma wrote:
    rzukic wrote: wouldn't it be thinkable that Reiki would rather transform the “manipulator” before lettingg itself be manipulated?!

Thank You all for great insight

Sadly i dont think it does Transform in a light that we may deam positive, Reiki will flow to where it is most needed but much like a mother preganat with a child the energy will flow to the child. i recently lost my beloved dog to leishmania a disease similiar to aids, it is contracted through the bite of a sandfly, protozoan parasites live in the animal, i channeled to my dog many times a week, her sprit was amazing she could run in the mountains, chase mice.... the more i channeled the more her divine enrgy beacme stronger, but sadly now in reflection i see that as her spirit beacme stronger so did the dis ease, the creatures inside her where eating from the inside out, she became very quickly blind incontent the list is endless, i can see now that whilst i was healing her sprit i was also sending life force to those living in her, i have since spent much time meditaing over this and researching, my conclusion is simple i know for sure i would never channel to a soul with the same or similar condition, sometimes the greatest lessons are the most painful.
    with much love and light

Darhma, sorry to hear your dog
    passed over. I had a similar
    experience with my dog. I made
    the mistake of giving him Reiki
    to heal him. Instead of giving
    him Reiki for his higest good.

It could be said that Reiki-ing a
    person with a Dis-ease would futher
    feed the dis-ease. Give more life to
    tumors. Tumors feed of the person. I
    had to work on removing cancer cells,
    and find a way to starve them. My
    solution was to alkalize my system and
    remove the acidity that feeds parisites/tumors.

I am also sorry to hear about your dog, Dharma (and Bridget) but I feel that Reiki can still help to ease transition. What Reiki cannot do is prevent death - we all have to go when our time is up! Sad

I get the impression here that some people are saying we should not give Reiki to people with conditions caused by other life-forms e.g. viruses, bacteria, fungi, parasites and even abnormal proliferation of our own cells. Mikao Usui, Chujiro Hayashi and Hawayo Takata all recommended hand positions for conditions such as these - so presumably they were happy to give Reiki in these circumstances and didn't think it would provide the causative agent with more energy?
    Smile

I know what your saying Colin it is true that actually in many cases when dealt with diverently any problem may well be eradicated. I was aware of the information out their on the subject…. we as healers learn so much healin our own lifes, I would think, our path of learning is not always kind, but does it do harm, you can not take a soul off a path it was always destined to walk, only help
    I learnt a lot we must give thanks of that to each other, for that learning will help another soul it is not about what we can or cannot do but what we are willing to learn and then pass that on.
    MattiT
    MattiT

Post by MattiT Thu May 13, 2010 5:58 am

Can reiki do no harm?

It is my belief that in every action there is something good and something bad (like yin and yang), and if this is true, and reiki can do no harm, then consequently reiki could do nothing at all.

The world is a constant battlefield of different life forms, so while strengthening one party you cannot avoid making another party's situation worse. There is a saying that the road to hell is paved with good intentions. However, I believe that in the grand scheme the negative effects of a positively motivated action are usually negligible.

What I believe was originally meant with the phrase "reiki can do no harm" is that unlike drugs, it cannot be overdosed or misprescribed. That may well be true, although I've heard differing opinions. Probably also attempts to intentionally cause negative effects with reiki would not be successful. But then we also have other energy work methods that can be used to a negative effect, and sometimes they are taught under the label of reiki. I'm certain that there are many people out there using non-reiki practices totally convinced that what they're doing is reiki. So what can we say for sure? Certainly the name of reiki cannot protect from any misdeed or mistake made under that name?

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that I would recommend caution in producing any such categorical statements.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Thu May 13, 2010 6:59 am

MattiT wrote:Can reiki do no harm?

It is my belief that in every action there is something good and something bad (like yin and yang), and if this is true, and reiki can do no harm, then consequently reiki could do nothing at all.

The world is a constant battlefield of different life forms, so while strengthening one party you cannot avoid making another party's situation worse. There is a saying that the road to hell is paved with good intentions. However, I believe that in the grand scheme the negative effects of a positively motivated action are usually negligible.

What I believe was originally meant with the phrase "reiki can do no harm" is that unlike drugs, it cannot be overdosed or misprescribed. That may well be true, although I've heard differing opinions. Probably also attempts to intentionally cause negative effects with reiki would not be successful. But then we also have other energy work methods that can be used to a negative effect, and sometimes they are taught under the label of reiki. I'm certain that there are many people out there using non-reiki practices totally convinced that what they're doing is reiki. So what can we say for sure? Certainly the name of reiki cannot protect from any misdeed or mistake made under that name?

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that I would recommend caution in producing any such categorical statements.

If Reiki uses life energy I cannot see
    were it can do harm. It's my understanding
    that when Reiki energy is offered that the
    recipient takes in only what is needed. a
    recipient can also not accept the energy.
    I have heard other folks say that harm comes
    when Reiki is sent and the intended recipient
    is not expecting this "bolt" of energy. sunny

I'd be interested in hearing what other members
    think about this issue. bounce
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Fri May 14, 2010 9:24 pm

i remember the situation with a member on 4all. the girl ended up having lyme's disease, and Reiki made it worse. so bad she flatly refused for anymore dealings with it with me. maybe someone that never expereinced her situation might say it was a healing thing, but no-one is qualified to say that. if a treatment contra-indication is so bad, it puts into question how something that is supposed to by ule could do such a thing. unless it isn't ule?
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Mon May 17, 2010 9:32 pm

Milarepa wrote:i remember the situation with a member on 4all. the girl ended up having lyme's disease, and Reiki made it worse. so bad she flatly refused for anymore dealings with it with me. maybe someone that never expereinced her situation might say it was a healing thing, but no-one is qualified to say that. if a treatment contra-indication is so bad, it puts into question how something that is supposed to by ule could do such a thing. unless it isn't ule?

hi Wayne

not particularly with the above said case, i have general comments as follows :

when things 'go bad' during reiki treatments, this is a critical learning opportunity as well... there we have to approach the case as compassionate humans as well as reiki practitioners... and our role as compassionate humans might not be given less importance than our role as reiki practitioners...

i was reading in QT-supercharging manual that we should 'ask the tissue' in which way it would accept energy... whether as a 'firehose' or as a 'mist'... sometimes, our abilities as reiki practitioners, particularly when we are experienced, direct us to use 'our best' and this invariably is translated as very powerful reiki exposure to the client/patient... which, on the other side, needs something mild and finesse to give to them....

so here our role of compassionate humans instruct us to 'go with the flow' Smile

take care !

salman
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon May 17, 2010 11:53 pm

sure, i just read this in the manual other day aloso, hehe. it of synchronicity!

these things, are subjective for the practitioner. we can converse with tissue, or use Byosen, etc, but our interpretation could be different than what the client is actually experiencing. this kinda is where the 'conflict' (if i can call it that) arises , in my example, for example, hehe.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:12 pm