Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+11
Crystal
Bruce
chi_solas
Pandora
Colin
Reikijim
Rlei_ki
thehungrycaterpillar
Dragonfly
Milarepa
Thaak
15 posters

Reports of Reiki causing harm

Dragonfly
    Dragonfly
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Reports of Reiki causing harm - Page 3 Empty Re: Reports of Reiki causing harm

Post by Dragonfly Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:23 am

Milarepa wrote:

Very good point Dana. The more a practitioner knows about this, they can relay tihns possibility gently to the client.

I always try to remind my clients of this. I urge them to drink plenty of water and listen to what their body is telling them. They may feel a need for more rest or contemplative time while their body is incorporating the healing. I suggest that if they keep a journal to just note anything that comes to mind and reflect on why those thoughts might have surfaced. I also say, "You may also just feel great and in that case, just enjoy it!" I think if people know what to expect and feel supported, they can appreciate what's happening with an open mind and heart. Most people who come for therapies such as Reiki are not usually expecting a quick fix, or they have already tried the so-called "quick fixes" (like popping meds) with minimal effect.
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Reports of Reiki causing harm - Page 3 Empty Re: Reports of Reiki causing harm

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:36 am

Reikijim wrote:
    Thaak wrote:Didn’t know if this fit under its own topic or if I should follow up on the “must read” thread.

But here it goes:

There have been many reports of research showing that Reiki causes harm when you try to use it for certain conditions. Such as Fibromyalgia or Cerebral Palsy.

I don’t buy it. It is possible, however, that the person is in such a condition that they would experience a “healing crisis.” What is a healing crisis you might ask? Simple, it is when your body cannot handle the speed at which it tries to heal, and thus the symptoms, for a short time, appear to be worse. I would imagine that someone who has a very touchy (no pun intended) condition like Fibromyalgia, that any type of healing process might spark a crisis.

Well, there is a technique that can help to alleviate this. It is called the Hucha-Miquay.

Hucha is the Q’ero word for heavy and is used when referring to energy. Hucha is heavy energy.

The Q’ero are a people descended from the Inca, who retreated to 15,000 to 18,000 feet in the Andes to escape the Spanish conquistadors about 700 years ago or so.

I don’t remember what Miquay (sp?) stands for.

Sami is light energy, or delicious energy.

Heavy energy is that energy that our body cannot process.

Light energy is that energy that feeds us.

Too much, or more than we can handle or need, of light or Sami energy, can turn it into Hucha.

The technique of Hucha Miquay uses the Hara, or Seiki Tanden, Dantien, or 2nd Chakra, whichever name you want to give it or philosophy you choose to abide.

You have your client imagine that they are pulling the energy through the Hara and into their body. They use intent to send all Hucha or heavy energy, that which their body cannot handle, down through their Root Chakra and into the earth.

You see, Mother Earth loves to mulch heavy energy. That is one source of her food.

Simultaneously you have your client intend for all Sami or light energy, that which their body finds delicious, up to their crown. This may make them feel flighty or light headed after awhile, and that is when they know they have more Sami than they can handle.

This can help someone only receive the amount of Reiki that is appropriate for them.

Love and Light

Andy

Thanks for this Thaak,

It makes me think of an experience during a meditation. I would like to share this with you, to see what you make of it, because of the similarities noticed in your post.

I asked to see my Sahasrara, and let go of the question. It took about another five minutes to quiet my mind to the point where I was still aware of my surroundings, barely, but had no thoughts. What i saw was amazing, but isn`t really why I write this.

Instantaneously, I was aware of my Hara. I was made aware of it because energies were flowing into it from two different directions. The flow went from a dribble to ...HOLY COW, in a few seconds. Ihis was happening simultaneously, while i was viewing the chakra. The energy that was coming through my feet made my lower body, legs and feet especially, feel like they were magnetically locked to the floor. It really made me feel as if I could not lift my legs, a "no point in trying" realization.

This energy was rising up through my lower body and spiraling around my tanden in a clockwise direction. At the same time , another energy was entering through my crown, traveling down through my body and spiraling around my tanden in the same direction as the heavier energies that were coming from below.The lower energy touched my tanden from the left, the other from the right.

The energy from above felt light,euphoric, and for lack of a better term,..man...still to this day I cannot express some of the components I felt...

The energetic sensation was so astounding that I view this event as the most amazing experience I`ve ever had in my life...almost...Can`t believe I`m speaking of it in a public forum, but I suppose through others i may gain a clearer understanding of the experience....Anyways...it`s very difficult in words to express the sensation...and it`s a little embarrassing, considering that the only idea that I`ve ever been able to come up with, to relate this to others is comparing it to what one me feel when one is, well...um...here it comes...pre orgasmic... That kind of euphoria, that kind of feeling of being on the edge of something, but at the same time not sexual at all.
    It lasted for possibly ten minutes. It was overwhelming and part of my brain was a little concerned, but not concerned enough to take control and shut it down. I will be awe-struck in this forever I believe, but there it is for what it`s worth....

I had my level one Usui/Tibetan attunement about 5 hours before this happened...

Any thoughts?

Wonderful!! cheers

words can never do justice to those types of experiences, I 've had some beautiful spiritual experiences where I have felt bliss beyond bliss exploding in every cell of my being the closest I can get to describing them is 'cosmic orgasms'....

I also had a similar experience to the one you describe, while watching a prety boy dance......I was being a bit naughty at the time as I was absorbing his energy through my sacral centre......and sending my energy back out through the sacral.....then the next thing I knew I felt this energy quickly whip up and spiral around my body about three times and explode at my heart centre.....it was like an internal firework going off with pop pop pops everywhere at my heart ......an incredible experience and extremely pleasant!!... Reports of Reiki causing harm - Page 3 850837 this was years ago before I was involved in Reiki .... but I had been following a chakra meditation routine for a while....

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:19 pm