Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

2 posters

Meditation and Reiki - what are you doing and is it helping you?

Poll

How much or often do you mediate? does it help you focus Reiki energy?

[ 0 ]
    Meditation and Reiki - what are you doing and is it helping you? Bar_left0%Meditation and Reiki - what are you doing and is it helping you? Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Meditation and Reiki - what are you doing and is it helping you? Bar_left100%Meditation and Reiki - what are you doing and is it helping you? Bar_right [100%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Meditation and Reiki - what are you doing and is it helping you? Bar_left0%Meditation and Reiki - what are you doing and is it helping you? Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes: 1
    Poll closed
    ElliottB
    ElliottB

Meditation and Reiki - what are you doing and is it helping you? Empty Meditation and Reiki - what are you doing and is it helping you?

Post by ElliottB Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:53 am

Namaste Reiki people, Very Happy

I am new to Reiki and one of the things I haven't seen a lot of talk about is meditation and peoples thoughts on it's effect on their ability to channel Reiki energies, please share your personal experiences. I have a distance attunement that I am not sure did anything much. I mediate at least daily sometimes more and it is during these times that I feel the strongest connection to what I am believing is the Reiki energy... so please tell me what about you?... Thanks!!!

Elliott
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Meditation and Reiki - what are you doing and is it helping you? Empty Re: Meditation and Reiki - what are you doing and is it helping you?

Post by LightBody Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:10 pm

Hi Elliot.

I've noticed that too, and it's a moderately recent development.

Through the 1990's and into the very early part of 2000, meditation and it's effect, positive or negative or neutral, on one's ability to "channel Reiki" was discussed on a fairly regular basis, but then a change began to occur in the community.

A small body of literature and Reiki teachers began to emerge from Japan, and when the West began to capitalize on that literature, the change began. Reiki started to focus more on preaching the values expressed in the literature rather than helping teach others how to perform energy-work.

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 10:08 am