Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+2
chi_solas
Stardust
6 posters

Reiki Meditation

Stardust
    Stardust

Reiki Meditation Empty Reiki Meditation

Post by Stardust Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:18 am

Hi,

I ran across this a couple of nights ago and decided to try it (minus chanting). I laid down while doing this meditation and within seconds I got really warm in my heart area and lower abdomen. The warmth radiated out in circles until they almost met each other. I didn't feel any tingles in my arms or legs, but could not feel my hands nor feet touching each other eventhough I knew they were.

I am curious if anyone does this medition, what you think of it, and your experiences.

REIKI MEDITATION

Here is an exercise, which, if done regularly, will help you feel the Reiki energy moving up into your arms more and more, causing a pleasant, tingling, and flowing sensation wherever it reaches. Also, it helps release blockages in your body, replacing them with warmth and love and gives you a feeling of wholeness. You feel and know you are accepted. Its an excellent exercise for newbies to practice & experience Reiki flow; also for regular practitioners to enhance their flow.
    You will certainly enjoy this marvel of a Reiki Meditation.

Do this meditation in a seated position, leaning against the wall. You can use a straight-backed chair as well. If you so prefer, you can lie on your back. Place the soles of your feet together so that they touch fully from the toes to the heels. The soles should touch each other as completely as possible. Now bring both your palms together, and hold them in ‘namaskar’ position (as in a gesture of prayer) in front of your heart. Hold this position all through.

The exercise joins the minor chakras, both in your palms and soles, enabling you to complete a total energy circuit. It also joins the reflex points in your palms and soles. When Reiki is activated, it keeps moving within the body through your chakras, meridians and reflex zones in a continuous stream, without an escape route or fall out and enhances the power of Reiki tremendously thus releasing all kinds of blockages and help you to powerfully experience the Reiki energy at the best level.
    Those who are Second and Third Degree channels can reinforce the power of this Reiki Meditation with the corresponding Reiki symbols. The immense power developed with the use of the symbols cannot be imagined!

The energy can be further increased by simultaneously intoning “OM”. By intoning OM, you add its powerful vibration in your body, making your body the sounding board of its energy. The ‘O’ is experienced as a vibration in the direction of the Third Eye. Jointly, the two sounds of OM help you experience the poles of yourself. OM recitation makes you conscious of your connection to earth and heaven, the forces of yin and the yang. The exercise by itself is powerful enough.
    Those who know the Hui-Yin technique or Yoga- bandhas can use it here to further cut off any energy leakage.

To further expand the energy, you can hold within your palms a polished rock crystal singly, by itself, or it can be paired with a rose quartz crystal. Thus, this combined flow of your life energy extends the limits of your perception, your possibilities of self-expression expand, and you open up to more energy and greater zest for life.
    edited to fix quotes 4/23/10
    Stardust do you know where
    this meditation originated?
    ~ Bridget
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Reiki Meditation Empty Re: Reiki Meditation

Post by chi_solas Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:33 am

Reiki Meditation 307123 for sharing.
    I will give it a try Reiki Meditation 850837
    Stardust
    Stardust

Post by Stardust Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:59 am

Hi Bridget,

Thanks for fixing the quotes. I don't know why I forgot to do that. lol

I was looking for free distance attunements for my hubby to get his Reiki 1, so he can give me some help when I am having an extra hard time of it or even the kids or himself. He's not into much spiritually, but is willing to think about doing it. We'll see. While looking around I came across this site and looked at their Reiki forum. This is where I found the meditation: Meditation I'm always looking for meditations to so, because I am not so good with them. I like this one so far.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:18 am

Stardust wrote:Hi Bridget,

Thanks for fixing the quotes. I don't know why I forgot to do that. lol

I was looking for free distance attunements for my hubby to get his Reiki 1, so he can give me some help when I am having an extra hard time of it or even the kids or himself. He's not into much spiritually, but is willing to think about doing it. We'll see. While looking around I came across this site and looked at their Reiki forum. This is where I found the meditation: Meditation I'm always looking for meditations to so, because I am not so good with them. I like this one so far.

I've done that myself. Sometimes we want to share
    and in our haste for time we forget to give credit Basketball
    Stardust
    Stardust

Post by Stardust Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:17 am

I am having a problem holding my hands in the prayer position. I only do this meditation for 10 to 15 minutes once or twice day. I thought it was going to be my hips and knees that would bother me, but it's my wrists, bends of my elbows and lower bicep. Holy cow it hurts to type. It doesn't make a difference if I am seated or laying down. I have the same problem either way. Is there an alternative hand position I can try?
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:37 am

Stardust wrote:I am having a problem holding my hands in the prayer position. I only do this meditation for 10 to 15 minutes once or twice day. I thought it was going to be my hips and knees that would bother me, but it's my wrists, bends of my elbows and lower bicep. Holy cow it hurts to type. It doesn't make a difference if I am seated or laying down. I have the same problem either way. Is there an alternative hand position I can try?

Stardust maybe this form of meditation
    is not for you if it is causing you
    more physical stress. You could also
    adapt hand positions to a more comfortable
    position Reiki Meditation 850837

I prefer visualization myself. sunny
    Stardust
    Stardust

Post by Stardust Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:02 pm

I wasn't sure if changing the hand positions would change the way the meditation is supposed to work or not.  I will try modifying my hand position and see what happens.  Different Reiki meditations and meditations that are led by someone work well for me.  I need to work on doing other meditations on my own.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:33 am

Stardust wrote:I wasn't sure if changing the hand positions would change the way the meditation is supposed to work or not.  I will try modifying my hand position and see what happens.  Different Reiki meditations and meditations that are led by someone work well for me.  I need to work on doing other meditations on my own.

Sounds like a good parody plan. cheers
    Bruce

Post by Bruce Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:13 am

chi_solas wrote:
    Stardust wrote:I wasn't sure if changing the hand positions would change the way the meditation is supposed to work or not.  I will try modifying my hand position and see what happens.  Different Reiki meditations and meditations that are led by someone work well for me.  I need to work on doing other meditations on my own.

Sounds like a good parody plan. cheers

Parody???

Bruce
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by LightBody Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:44 am

Bruce wrote:
    chi_solas wrote:Sounds like a good parody plan. cheers

Parody???

Bruce

Hi Bridget. Like Bruce, I do not understand what "parody" means in this context.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:57 am

Buck wrote:
    Bruce wrote:
    chi_solas wrote:Sounds like a good parody plan. cheers

Parody???

Bruce

Hi Bridget. Like Bruce, I do not understand what "parody" means in this context.

Parody means changing a written piece
    of some one else's work. It's done
    mostly with songs. When we sing a tune
    and change the words. Camp songs do it
    a lot. TV commericals do it. study
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by LightBody Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:13 am

chi_solas wrote:
    a lot. TV commercials do it. study

Oh, thank you, then in that context it makes sense. I was confused by the modern usage as it is normally associated to comedies.

Oxford English Dictionary:
    "1. a. A literary composition modeled on and imitating another work, esp. a composition in which the characteristic style and themes of a particular author or genre are satirized by being applied to inappropriate or unlikely subjects, or are otherwise exaggerated for comic effect. In later use extended to similar imitations in other artistic fields, as music, painting, film, etc."
    Bruce

Post by Bruce Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:19 am

chi_solas wrote:Parody means changing a written piece

Now I see what you meant. But Bridget, you're missing a really big piece of what makes something a "parody."

From the Merriam-Webster website, http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/parody:
    Pronunciation: \ˈper-ə-dē, ˈpa-rə-\
    Function: noun
    Inflected Form(s): plural par·o·dies
    Etymology: Latin parodia, from Greek parōidia, from para- + aidein to sing — more at ode
    Date: 1598
    1 : a literary or musical work in which the style of an author or work is closely imitated for comic effect or in ridicule [emphasis added]
    2 : a feeble or ridiculous imitation [emphasis added]

Bruce
    Stardust
    Stardust

Post by Stardust Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:22 am

The sight of me doing this meditation might just bring a bit of comic relief.     Very Happy
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:30 am

yeah, hehe, she wasn't quoting a dictionary definition though Bruce, but using her own application of the word, which doesn't have to be dictionary correct.

Though if SD decides to adapt others meditations in a way that brought much more fun to her practice, it'd fit nicely!
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:33 am

Bruce wrote:
    chi_solas wrote:Parody means changing a written piece

Now I see what you meant. But Bridget, you're missing a really big piece of what makes something a "parody."

From the Merriam-Webster website, http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/parody:
    Pronunciation: \ˈper-ə-dē, ˈpa-rə-\
    Function: noun
    Inflected Form(s): plural par·o·dies
    Etymology: Latin parodia, from Greek parōidia, from para- + aidein to sing — more at ode
    Date: 1598
    1 : a literary or musical work in which the style of an author or work is closely imitated for comic effect or in ridicule [emphasis added]
    2 : a feeble or ridiculous imitation [emphasis added]

Bruce

Bruce,you missed the sense of humor.
    that's Ok stardust caught it. Like a Star @ heaven
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:36 am

Buck wrote:
    chi_solas wrote:
    a lot. TV commercials do it. study

Oh, thank you, then in that context it makes sense. I was confused by the modern usage as it is normally associated to comedies.

Oxford English Dictionary:
    "1. a. A literary composition modeled on and imitating another work, esp. a composition in which the characteristic style and themes of a particular author or genre are satirized by being applied to inappropriate or unlikely subjects, or are otherwise exaggerated for comic effect. In later use extended to similar imitations in other artistic fields, as music, painting, film, etc."

Buck, Gotta get your head outta the books
    and watch for a little play on words. study
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:38 am

Milarepa wrote:yeah, hehe, she wasn't quoting a dictionary definition though Bruce, but using her own application of the word, which doesn't have to be dictionary correct.

Though if SD decides to adapt others meditations in a way that brought much more fun to her practice, it'd fit nicely!

Wayne if I go into my northern dielect
    you may be the only one that will
    understand me. lol!
    Bruce

Post by Bruce Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:39 am

Milarepa wrote:yeah, hehe, she wasn't quoting a dictionary definition though Bruce, but using her own application of the word, which doesn't have to be dictionary correct. !

"War is peace." Okay, I get it.

Indeed.

Bruce
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:42 am

Stardust Like a Star @ heaven that was quite a distraction
    from our meditation conversation. I could
    vision you with your hands crossed over your
    chest instead of in a praying posture. scratch
    Stardust
    Stardust

Post by Stardust Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:49 pm

Hi Bridget,Yep, it did stray a bit, but that makes things interesting.  lolI will try your variation.  I tried another yesterday and it a little too comical to be effective.Thanks for the tip.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:54 pm

Sd did i give you the guided hatsurei ho?
    Stardust
    Stardust

Post by Stardust Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:05 pm

Milarepa wrote:Sd did i give you the guided hatsurei ho?
    You know, I don't know where I got it from, but I have tried it and liked it.  I need to dedicate more time to meditation, so I can work it in.  I have asked many Reiki folks I have meet here in Sweden about hatsurei ho and they don't seem to know about it.  I think it's a shame.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:25 pm

is it the one from Tasggart King? Reiki evolution? if so, that's cool, he allows me to pass it on anyhow, i paid the full course with him. glad you like it. does it help with your 'flow' of Reiki?
    Stardust
    Stardust

Post by Stardust Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:41 pm

Opps!  I don't have the guided hatsurei ho.  I found one written up from beginning to end and I learned it, but a guided one sounds fabulous.  I get distracted easily and when doing a guided meditation, I do so much better.  If you can pass it on, I would love to try it.I haven't felt a big difference in the flow of Reiki after doing the meditation pretty regularly.  What I notice is that it feels like I have had a Reiki session.  I feel so much better physically after doing the meditation.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:57 pm