Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+7
AlienProgeny
chi_solas
Colin
Dragonfly
Pandora
EzriReiki
Milarepa
11 posters

Did Hawayo Takata feel the need to lie about Reiki history?

Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Did Hawayo Takata feel the need to lie about Reiki history? - Page 4 Empty Re: Did Hawayo Takata feel the need to lie about Reiki history?

Post by Lambs-Wool Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:25 pm

Milarepa wrote:
    And a student knowing how important they are in the eyes of the teacher would never dare to change things. I know this form personal experience in martial arts.

brilliant Smile ! i would like to pass forward the things 'exactly' in the way i was taught!!

take care
    salman
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Did Hawayo Takata feel the need to lie about Reiki history? - Page 4 Empty Re: Did Hawayo Takata feel the need to lie about Reiki history?

Post by Colin Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:03 pm

My daily practice of hatsurei ho is usually facilitated by means of a recording I have made in which I guide myself through the various stages (so I don't get too carried away if I need to be finished in order to start work or go somewhere! Smile )

Part of this includes me asking myself to repeat the Gokai three times. In the recording I say them in English, which leaves me free to speak them in Japanese. This way I listen and absorb the Reiki Principles daily in English but recite them in Japanese.

But, as Frank has said, the more you recite them in Japanese you actually get to feel the essence of them in your heart in the same way as if you recite them in English.

Why bother with the Japanese then? Well, it is said that Usui Sensei formulated the Gokai based on either ancient Buddhist precepts and/or Dr Bizan's book but he formulated them in such a way as to take into account the actual sounds used when spoken in Japanese. The kotodama which make up the sounds of the words is significant, in a similar way that the sounds of the words in the phrase HSZSN are also significant. Interstingly, I don't know of any Reiki Practitioners who say the mantras which accompany the symbols in English even if they do know the meanings in English! Smile

Yet I also think the Reiki Precepts chanted in any language, whilst also feeling their significance in your heart is also very beneficial. It is just that some practitioners like to speak the same words as Usui Sensei and Hayashi Sensei.
    Smile
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:03 am

yes colin i know the japanese is most preferable, Smile. it's why i sayt therm like that. i;m saying that they're meant to be lived by first.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:31 am

Colin wrote:My daily practice of hatsurei ho is usually facilitated by means of a recording I have made in which I guide myself through the various stages (so I don't get too carried away if I need to be finished in order to start work or go somewhere! Smile )

Part of this includes me asking myself to repeat the Gokai three times. In the recording I say them in English, which leaves me free to speak them in Japanese. This way I listen and absorb the Reiki Principles daily in English but recite them in Japanese.

But, as Frank has said, the more you recite them in Japanese you actually get to feel the essence of them in your heart in the same way as if you recite them in English.

Why bother with the Japanese then? Well, it is said that Usui Sensei formulated the Gokai based on either ancient Buddhist precepts and/or Dr Bizan's book but he formulated them in such a way as to take into account the actual sounds used when spoken in Japanese. The kotodama which make up the sounds of the words is significant, in a similar way that the sounds of the words in the phrase HSZSN are also significant. Interstingly, I don't know of any Reiki Practitioners who say the mantras which accompany the symbols in English even if they do know the meanings in English! Smile

Yet I also think the Reiki Precepts chanted in any language, whilst also feeling their significance in your heart is also very beneficial. It is just that some practitioners like to speak the same words as Usui Sensei and Hayashi Sensei.
    Smile

I did that with a healing tape
    I used during my healing journey
    I thought hearing my own voice
    directing me was more powerful
    than someone elses. I like your
    idea to make a self-guided tape
    sunny
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki
    Senior member/Forum Promoter
    Senior member/Forum Promoter

Post by Rlei_ki Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:18 pm

Frank wrote:
    Regarding Hatsurei Hō:
    …....I also believe that it was at least part of the "Usui Teate-version" Chris and Any taught a few years ago.

Could that possibly have something to do with the fact that the, as you call it:
    " "Usui Teate-version" Chris and Any taught a few years ago."
    actually included much of the 'new' info provided by Hiroshi Doi ?

(And of course, it was Doi who first introduced the concept of hatsurei ho to the general Reiki community).

This is an advertisement for one of the Usui Teate Reiki Ryoho workshops - in Sweden - June 2001.

It was posted on several Reiki fora at the time, and also sent out as an email.

Don't miss the opportunity to participate in the Usui Teate Reiki
    Ryoho workshop in Linköping, Sweden on the 2nd to 3rd of June!

Teachers are Andrew Bowling and Chris Marsh from England, which will
    share their experience, knowledge and research from Japan, through
    Sensei Hiroshi Doi (a very well-known Reiki Teacher in Japan and a
    member of Usui Reiki Ryoho Gakkai)
    but also through one of Usui's
    students.

You'll learn more about the spiritual aspects of Reiki Ryoho and
    experience Usui's simple and healing methods, his effective
    initiation method, and practice the spiritual exercises which are so
    important for your spiritual evolvement and which opens, clears and
    strengthens your energy channels... and maybe you'll get a sense of
    how Usui himself practiced Reiki.

If you want to discover more about Reiki and want to continue
    building on your own experiences and what you already have - then
    this is an unique opportunity for you!

You can find information on how to apply for the workshop and more
    details of the content at http://www.rainbowart.net/Reijiki/workshop-
    e.html or at http://www.geocities.com/reijiki/workshop-e.html .

Frank,

may I ask, which version of the hatsurei ho do you practice?

There are at least four versions of the exercise referred to as hatsurei ho, that I'm aware of.

Milarepa wrote:

you know what i'm gonna say, hehe. that online pdf that has been sold online, that two folks are claiming they released equally at the same time, that was compiled in 1970's in modern kanji yet wrote grammatically in old way. compiled by an elusive woman, form an elusive society, being sold online at a time when it was cash-register time for such an original thing.

Thr Hikkei is a disputed subject. I'm cool being the only one on the planet openely disputing it, lol. There's actually more prrof Hayashi sensei never taught Hatsurei, than otherwise.

As to there being more proof that Hayashi-sensei didn't teach hatsurei ho - I think, as with all else, it's a matter of just what people will accept as 'proof' (whether for or against)

Yes, I agree, there are certain 'issues' re the 'Hikkei' itself.

Some people seem to think that the booklet in general circulation is a copy of an original document, given by Usui-sensei to his students.

This, we can be certain, is not the case. Why? Because (as Wayne mentions) it is written using the modern simplified form of writing system, which came into use 20 years after Usui-sensei's passing.(After WWII, there was a reform of the Japanese writing system and many of the kanji were simplified).

Now, on becoming aware of this fact, it seems many folks believe that the booklet in general circulation must simply be a tranliterated (from 'old form' to 'new form') version of an original document, given by Usui-sensei to his students. (No modification of the meaning/phrasing of the text, just a case of the same words written down in a simplified 'script')

Another belief is that the Hikkei was compiled in the 1970's by Kimiko Koyama, sixth kaicho (president / chairman) of the Usui Reiki Ryoho Gakkai – that she brought together (and transliterated) elements* from previously separate sources, to create the unified document we now know as the Hikkei,

Oh, and yet another theory is that it was Doi himself who was responsible for creating the whole thing - with the exception of the Meiji poetry !
    ["Conspiracy theory Rules O.K." Laughing ]

Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:15 am

for laymen like me who don't have this rich insight into the history or, to say, the conspiracy theories, we have rather little options left, except to take the gossips in circulation at their face value, and this i did too....

However, personally speaking, i didn't feel hatsurei to be from the same 'specie' to which reiki belongs... These might be my intermittent feelings, granted, but i feel hatsurei to be more akin to qigong culture... This might be technically, or at least historically, wrong but the subtle feelings a reiki experience generates, are quite different from the sharp heat hatsurei often generates....

Rest, i need to know Smile

Take care

Salman
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:48 am

Somewhere way back in this thread was a discussion about the sign Hawayo Takata used at her clinic in Hilo and the fact that the wording was changed. James Deacon has done a great job of detective work and Photoshopping to uncover what the original wording, including Japanese characters probably said:

http://www.aetw.org/reiki_takata_reiki_sign.html

Great work, James!
    Smile
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:51 am

it's another great article of his for sure!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 4:03 am