Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+2
Milarepa
thehungrycaterpillar
6 posters

Is Reiki energy the same no matter what the style is?

thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Is Reiki energy the same no matter what the style is? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Reiki energy the same no matter what the style is?

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:57 am

However, in Chinese and Japanese Buddhism, the Indian Siddham script is used (primarily as deity-bijas; and also for writing mantras, dharani, etc.)

what is a deity-bija? 'Dharani'- sounds like tamil, mmmmm....cool! Wink
    thamizh theriyuma? Very Happy

The symbol shown here is used as a repeat mark (i.e 'ditto') in Chinese/Japanese Buddhist Siddham texts .

Oh, freaking cool! Very Happy

cheers
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki
    Senior member/Forum Promoter

Is Reiki energy the same no matter what the style is? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Reiki energy the same no matter what the style is?

Post by Rlei_ki Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:22 pm

thehungrycaterpillar wrote:
    what is a deity-bija?

bija (bonji in Japanese) is a 'seed syllable' or single-syllable mantra, written using a Siddham (or other Sanscrit script) character. eg Ham, Ram, Vam, Om.

a deity-bija is a bija associated with a particular deity, eg Hrih, for Amida Butsu

'Dharani'- sounds like tamil, mmmmm....cool! Wink

Dharani are essentially long mantras (or short sutras)

thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:31 am

bija (bonji in Japanese) is a 'seed syllable' or single-syllable mantra, written using a Siddham (or other Sanscrit script) character. eg Ham, Ram, Vam, Om.

a deity-bija is a bija associated with a particular deity, eg Hrih, for Amida Butsu

Beautiful! I wonder how they came up with those sounds,
    The chakras too have 'sounds' or 'tones' attached to them. Cool
    Is that what your chakras sound like in your meditation...?
    Hey...? You play with singing bowls!!? What do you do with them? I have seen you tubes of people playing it, it's so beautiful.... Very Happy

Dharani are essentially long mantras (or short sutras)
    It amazes me how many words sound so similar. In tamil, 'dharani' means world , more like 'nation'!
    drunken
    ( how many GB space do you have 'up' there? You know so much! cheers )
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki

Post by Rlei_ki Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:55 am

thehungrycaterpillar wrote:
    The chakras too have 'sounds' or 'tones' attached to them. Cool

Yes, Ham, Ram, Vam, & Om. are four of the Chakra-related bijas

Hey...? You play with singing bowls!!? What do you do with them?

The clue is in the name - I make them sing Smile

It amazes me how many words sound so similar. In tamil, 'dharani' means world , more like 'nation'!

Dharani (as used to describe a long mantra) comes from Sanscrit.

how many GB space do you have 'up' there?

GB space? Not sure what you mean

Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:30 am

Rlei_ki wrote:

Any Katherine Jenkins? i quite like her stuff, rabbit
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:09 pm

You must be doing it for a reason.. besides making them sing..
    may I ask what?

GB space? Not sure what you mean

It's a compliment! Very Happy
    GB is Gigabytes, It is saying you have a lot of memory!
    tongue
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki

Post by Rlei_ki Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:45 pm

[quote="thehungrycaterpillar"]

You must be doing it for a reason.. besides making them sing..
    may I ask what?

I work with the bowls on a number of levels, and for several purposes, including meditation, healing, transformation, and spiritual practice
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:56 pm

Milarepa wrote:
    I feel that when a person has recieved the ability to pass 'Reiki' onto another, they can do other things, such as make new styles, and possibly empower tgem, via their own spark if divinity.

Sometimes this has worked out ok, other times it's just weird.

Quite often new symbols aren't japanese related in any way. other times they are variations.

take care
    Wayne

hi Wayne Smile i m having relaxed time for some days, since a big load of job assignements is happily over, and i find time to be entwined again with my reiki family which i was sadly so missing over the days passed Smile

while, having a bird's eyeview, of the posts of late, i stopped on the quoted portion of your reply to THC in topic re : "reiki is the same, whatever is the style ? "

i have to discuss with you something in respect of reiki transmitted to us through lienage dating back to Usui Sensei... mine must be a premature thought but finding reference to what you've just said above, i find some courage discussing that around Smile here it goes!

reiki has been generally held equiv to Universal Life Energy... and over the discusisons with you in the past two years, we have landed into an 'agreement' of mind that saying Reiki is ULE, would be an oversimplification... and i believe it today too... rather i want to add a further point... its hard to explain but i will try my best....

we know Usui Sensei had a revelation, a satori, in his experience on Mount Kurana and by which he became introduced to something we know 'reiki'... i want to ask what was the exact 'species' of this energy... was it the God energy, or the personalized version of God's energy for Usui ? this is a very big question... i have some feelings, that every human being has a personalized version of God's energy, something that defines his boundaries, something that allots identity to that person...

even before attunements, we all have reiki, but this is our 'own' version of God energy or of reiki.. when we are attuned in Usui's system of reiki, we become linked up with Usui's version of reiki albeit maitaining our own version of reiki... and so when we beome attuned in Scheim of Patrick or HeartLotus of Tom Rigler, we actually come to be linked with the personalized version of reiki of these gentlemen... and so on and so forth.... thats probably the reason that the 'energy signature' of each sub-chain of lineges is different, althought they have stemmed from the same source viz: Usui...

this may also support the gradully-developed thought that "your reiki is yours, mine is just mine" Smile

reverting to your words in the quoted portion, can we be 'expert' enough while attuning the students to block/let go on some versions of reiki that we hold while different lineages and to do opposite on some of them, while transferring the abilities to the student ?

hope, that no matter how crazy these comments sound, you would be kind enough to remove my confusions/alienations Smile

take care buddy

love
    salman
    vijaybali
    vijaybali

Is Reiki energy the same no matter what the style is? - Page 2 Empty omni

Post by vijaybali Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:26 pm

Dear friends,

this may also support the gradully-developed thought that "your reiki is yours, mine is just mine" Smile

pls not mind i didn't read all article but i read last one and in that i feel i am not agree on this

we all mean start from Usui's to now we are just pipeline who pass the super power energy to other soul so we are not source we just gateway or bride who connect two part not more this than how we can say this is our reiki or other reiki. all blessiing of superpower laying on the universe but we are only need to connect to them, connected to superpower not mean it is our or other reiki.

or if anybody work on this concept i don't feel they will go long we respect Usui's because it open the path to everybody how to build bridge between super power and other soul
    but this concept was in this world hundered hundered years back but our saint give us blessing but not give way to everybody they give to few people but dr. Usui's gave to everybody mean it open for everybody but not saint or dr. Usui's say it is their They show us path and we are doing same....

if any gradully-developed thought developing like this than i feel it is not good because it is limited the power.

it hardly matter how to treat the person but power is same energy same somebody use hand somebody use third eyes , some use with brain and lot of method but that is all bridge who pass super energy to other not more than this.

So friend pls stop such thought if anybody feel this.

So it is hardly matter whatis style all style is way to connect with superpower mean work like bridge so it hardly matter, yes it look good (different style) for promotion part but in reality it is nothing .....

pls forgive me if you don't like.

take care
    vj
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:47 pm

Lambs-Wool wrote:

i have to discuss with you something in respect of reiki transmitted to us through lienage dating back to Usui Sensei... mine must be a premature thought but finding reference to what you've just said above, i find some courage discussing that around Smile here it goes!

Ok, Smile .

Lambs-Wool wrote:

we know Usui Sensei had a revelation, a satori, in his experience on Mount Kurana and by which he became introduced to something we know 'reiki'... i want to ask what was the exact 'species' of this energy... was it the God energy, or the personalized version of God's energy for Usui ? this is a very big question... i have some feelings, that every human being has a personalized version of God's energy, something that defines his boundaries, something that allots identity to that person...

really hard to answer Salman, Smile . I feel it was more along the lines of a personalized version of the divine, in whatever form it materialized, everything isn't usefully described as 'energy', even God' energy', Smile .

Lambs-Wool wrote:
    even before attunements, we all have reiki, but this is our 'own' version of God energy or of reiki.. when we are attuned in Usui's system of reiki, we become linked up with Usui's version of reiki albeit maitaining our own version of reiki...

It's our own spark of the divine. Even though it's our 'own', it's also, by definition, a small part of the larger. For sure, the expereince of interacting with our spark of divinity may be subject to other things within our life, such as lifestyle, etc. Ultimately, i'm guessing, our spark of divinity is the same though.

Lambs-Wool wrote:
    and so when we beome attuned in Scheim of Patrick or HeartLotus of Tom Rigler, we actually come to be linked with the personalized version of reiki of these gentlemen... and so on and so forth.... thats probably the reason that the 'energy signature' of each sub-chain of lineges is different, althought they have stemmed from the same source viz: Usui...

yeah, i can see this. Also, the way that interaction with our spark of divinity is changed in these systems, has to inevitably, change the expereince.

Lambs-Wool wrote:

Yeah, hehe, this is true. My own personal preference of the way i interact, and experience Reiki, is mine. And also, it's my spark of divinity i'm interacting with.

Lambs-Wool wrote:
    reverting to your words in the quoted portion, can we be 'expert' enough while attuning the students to block/let go on some versions of reiki that we hold while different lineages and to do opposite on some of them, while transferring the abilities to the student ?

Maybe some can, i dunno. Maybe some claim they can, hehe. A lot of this works sub-consciously with us, and intent simply isn't enough to clearly transmit a style in attunment, imo. For instance, some symbols in Usui Reiki are active all the time Reiki is being used/expereinced. Whether a practitioner draws them or not. It's inevitable that some of this is transferred.

James has done a good article on this kinda thing, if i can find it, i'll put the link in here.

take care Brother,
    Wayne

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:51 pm