Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+3
vijaybali
Milarepa
Lambs-Wool
7 posters

Non-Reiki 'uses' of reiki

Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Non-Reiki 'uses' of reiki Empty Non-Reiki 'uses' of reiki

Post by Lambs-Wool Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:11 pm

hi Friends Smile

going through the level one and two manuals of some teachers... i have found their 'flair' for putting reiki to a different use other than spiriutal healing...

while experimentation sake, it would be good, but do masters and teachers have to convey onwards to student that they (students) are allowed to use reiki for different other uses too ??

examples :

---- sending reiki to a situation (to cut discussions, lets say, sending reiki to some present moment)

---- cleansing room through chokuray

---- clearing negative energies through symbols

---- creating energy baloon to serve as shield against mishappenings, accidents, etc.

---- using HSZSN for psychometry and telepathy (i'm in this habit, let alone others)

---- using Seiheki during speech therapies, psychiatry sessions, addiction-centers treatments, etc.

---- using reiki for kundalini activation

a lot of people will assume these things as side products of reiki, and on that principle, will feel absolutely no harm in having these practices...

but my question is "do we exceed the mandate given to us through Usui's initiations, when we put reiki to some 'indigenous use' Smile ??

interested in views please bounce

take care

salman
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Non-Reiki 'uses' of reiki Empty Re: Non-Reiki 'uses' of reiki

Post by Milarepa Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:14 pm

hi buddy, i'm talking to you on yahoo, talking to my martial arts teacher on yahoo, and wiritng here. woh says men can't multi-task, hehe.

i think we can use anything for whatever reason it's able to be used for. but what that label comes under is another thing, Smile.
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:58 pm

Milarepa wrote:

hiya bro !

Smile

i think we can use anything for whatever reason it's able to be used for. but what that label comes under is another thing, Smile.

yeah, actually thats 'another thing' is precisely my focus here... Smile
    vijaybali
    vijaybali

Non-Reiki 'uses' of reiki Empty no need confused

Post by vijaybali Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:22 am

hai salman,

no need to confuse on this matter. reiki never believe on restriction
    it is omni present like air, sun , moon etc and it work all satuation.

and all religion base on this only thing required to understand this and this
    understanding will come automatically by practise.

keep it up
    vj
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:35 am

I have talked to several Reiki
    practitioners and some do integrate
    other healing methods into their
    practice. Take a nurse she works with
    medicine and still can be Reiki. Many
    folks who are massage therapist are
    Reiki. Its not something IMO that you
    can turn off and on its always there sunny
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:40 am

Lambs-Wool wrote:hi Friends Smile

going through the level one and two manuals of some teachers... i have found their 'flair' for putting reiki to a different use other than spiriutal healing...

while experimentation sake, it would be good, but do masters and teachers have to convey onwards to student that they (students) are allowed to use reiki for different other uses too ??

examples :

---- sending reiki to a situation (to cut discussions, lets say, sending reiki to some present moment)

---- cleansing room through chokuray

---- clearing negative energies through symbols

---- creating energy baloon to serve as shield against mishappenings, accidents, etc.

---- using HSZSN for psychometry and telepathy (i'm in this habit, let alone others)

---- using Seiheki during speech therapies, psychiatry sessions, addiction-centers treatments, etc.

---- using reiki for kundalini activation

a lot of people will assume these things as side products of reiki, and on that principle, will feel absolutely no harm in having these practices...

but my question is "do we exceed the mandate given to us through Usui's initiations, when we put reiki to some 'indigenous use' Smile ??

interested in views please bounce

take care

salman

Hi Salman

I am aware of the many apparently non-healing uses that Reiki symbols are sometimes used for. I also believe that Mikao Usui, Chujiro Hayashi and Hawayo Takata did not teach that the symbols should be used in the ways that you list.

However, I don't think that these teachers said that the symbols could NOT be used for these other purposes. Many people have found that the symbols (and Reiki) can be useful in all kinds of situations and therefore pass their experience on to their students or in books or websites. I think it is important, though, that it is clearly pointed out that these are not traditional uses of the Reiki symbols.

In my Reiki 2 course, I teach how the symbols can be used according to Mrs Takata's teaching - traditional use. I also have a separate sections for non-traditional or Western uses of the symbols for the student to experiment with and also so they are aware of these uses that they will most likely encounter when speaking to other Reiki practitioners.

In my own experience I have had success in fixing a faulty DVD player and washing machine (two washing machines actually), removing stubborn lids and locks and I like to use CKRs (and a DKM) in a room before a Reiki session or course to give the room a nice feeling (which has been remarked upon by many, including my family members, who do not practice Reiki, by the way!). The way I look at it, if everything is energy and has an optimal flow or pattern of this energy then it can benefit from the harmonising and balancing effect of Reiki, which is most easily focused using CKR.

Just because Usui never said you could use CKR in other ways doesn't mean you are not able to e.g. there are now many uses for electricity that were not thought of originally. However, I would say that when you use the Reiki symbols for purposes other than those the Great Teachers taught then you are no longer practicing Usui Reiki Ryoho in that moment - even though you may be using Reiki.
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:44 am

hi Colin Smile

that was exact sentiment i was wisihing to elicit from my elders here Smile

Colin wrote:
    Hi Salman

I also believe that Mikao Usui, Chujiro Hayashi and Hawayo Takata did not teach that the symbols should be used in the ways that you list.

it is particularly important for all the teachers to know and realize this fact before taking any single step of ascribing any thing they find good, to people like Takata and Hyashi...

Colin wrote:
    However, I don't think that these teachers said that the symbols could NOT be used for these other purposes.

this is the moment of how we deduce things... sometimes silence amounts to acceptance, sometimes silence amounts to disapproval too Smile if our fertile imagination on this day suggests us that we put these symbols to uses other than prescribed by Takata Sensei, are we taking it for granted that Takata Sensei did not come to such novel thoughts ever herself ?

when Takata Sensei brought reiki to west, she must have done every possible thing to make reiki acceptable and deep rooted within the american society... didnt she ever come to this thought that reiki symbols could have put to other uses too ? did she never came to this thought, or she DID NOT choose to make public this thought ? this is where i m standing at the crossroad at the moment Smile !

Colin wrote:
    Many people have found that the symbols (and Reiki) can be useful in all kinds of situations and therefore pass their experience on to their students or in books or websites. I think it is important, though, that it is clearly pointed out that these are not traditional uses of the Reiki symbols.

the same ! Smile i feel it is very very important Colin... reason being that in almost three years of my association with reiki as of today, it is only now that i m finding those facts made clear to me... i mean to say, that i have somehow consulted nearly 5 or 6 manuals of different teachers, plus the manual of level one of my local RMT.... i didnt find such information in such manuals where they could have clearly stated that such uses of Reiki are infact non-traditional...

Colin wrote:

In my Reiki 2 course, I teach how the symbols can be used according to Mrs Takata's teaching - traditional use. I also have a separate sections for non-traditional or Western uses of the symbols for the student to experiment with and also so they are aware of these uses that they will most likely encounter when speaking to other Reiki practitioners.

that is a very apt approach and i love and wish that all teachers have this vision Smile

(a sidenote : you see why you do this ? since you yourself are aware that there is a difference between traditional uses and non-traditional uses of symbols... what if you yourself had 'assumed' that reiki symbols can be put to any use with a concurrent assumption that it does not matter what use Takata taught and what she didnt.. in that case, you might have had not separated the two sessions... this all relates to how the teachers themselves are well aware Smile!

Colin wrote:
    In my own experience I have had success in fixing a faulty DVD player and washing machine (two washing machines actually), removing stubborn lids and locks and I like to use CKRs (and a DKM) in a room before a Reiki session or course to give the room a nice feeling (which has been remarked upon by many, including my family members, who do not practice Reiki, by the way!).

this we can take as an 'empirical' evidence that reiki symbols do work on non-reiki uses too Smile

Colin wrote:
    The way I look at it, if everything is energy and has an optimal flow or pattern of this energy then it can benefit from the harmonising and balancing effect of Reiki, which is most easily focused using CKR.

that is a highly academic debate, to be honest Smile

while i can testify that reiki affects on so-called non-living things, for example, water... though, it would be a deep question on the notes that what spirituality it triggers in non-living things ?

Colin wrote:

Just because Usui never said you could use CKR in other ways doesn't mean you are not able to

the question is not that we are not 'able' to use CKR for other uses, the question is that are we warranted to use CKR that way Smile ? (this comment may appear to be a little esoteric, and/or rooted in japanese traditions maybe)**

to me the question is as 'hot' as is the question of 'need of permission for reiki' Smile

Colin wrote:
    However, I would say that when you use the Reiki symbols for purposes other than those the Great Teachers taught then you are no longer practicing Usui Reiki Ryoho in that moment - even though you may be using Reiki.

thats a golden words phrase Colin Smile i m so happy hearing my sentimetns out of your mouth Smile

take care

thanks for this nourishing response

Smile

salman

**post script : we have heard that CKR had its existence in japanese culture long before Usui empowered it for Usui Reiki

my point is that when we use CKR for non-reiki uses, are we invoking CKR handed down to us by Usui Sensei through his lineage, or we are invoking the CKR prevalent in the Japanese culture in pre-Usui period ? (this later thought is bit nonsense Smile since how we can use a thing whcih we were not initiated with)

Last edited by Milarepa on Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:03 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : fixing quote)
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:55 am

chi_solas wrote:I have talked to several Reiki

no doubt Bridget Smile i bow to these thoughts and to the shining light in them... Smile

i m no way 'against' the thought that other techniques should not be included in our treatment sessions... infact if we know of techniques that can help us giving a better relief to the ailing buddy lying in front of us, then it would be a disservice that we dont include other modalities just on the premise that they are non-reiki...

the patient needs healing, and not necessarily Usui Reiki Healing Smile

thats agreed, but on the teaching notes, when people make an indiscriminate inclusion of things into Usui Reiki which infact they aren't, then i think i have a locus of protest maybe Smile

take care

salman
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:13 am

Hi Vijay Smile

vijaybali wrote:hai salman,

even the omnipresent things have some aspects that invite us for detailed study Smile

sun, moon, air, etc. are included in the bio group of energy resources... (something sadly deteriorating to alarming levels)... while they are beneficial, we have to critically study their impacts, their qualities, their possible side-effecs, their precise balances... and so on...

the study like these have always proved to help us utilizing their potential with greater confidence and safety Smile

reiki is all safe, is a clear thought... but no harm in studying the aspects analytically too Smile

you also take care bro ! Smile

salman
    vijaybali
    vijaybali

Non-Reiki 'uses' of reiki Empty Non reiki

Post by vijaybali Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:26 am

hai Lambs-Wool

salman wrote:

even the omnipresent things have some aspects that invite us for detailed study Smile

salman it is endless omni present not means this world this have lot of universe than how much you study.?. I give one example i met one great saint in india she devotee full live in spirituality , she had not married and now she is great saint like baba ji. my problem i like to discuss lot of thing related to mediation or spritiuality in the begining in time she has given few responseed after some time she told me one thing and that is very surprising and you want to knew what is that. She told me long journey of spritiuality she had left home not married and work for well wishes of mankind and got the post of great saint and done learned all sprititual practise but still in the age of 80 she is feeling she don't knew anything and lot more and that world is endless.

so it is meaning spritiual world is endless so not confuse just move on and it is very interesting you have such wonderful sense and i admire of such people of believe to explore own way but it will happend all by own just give time to you nobody teach you and nobody experience match to you so that reason i said just practise your reiki you guide line help you by own or other person which can help you that is your guru ji.

salman wrote:
    the study like these have always proved to help us utilizing their potential with greater confidence and safety Smile

very good

salman wrote:
    reiki is all safe, is a clear thought... but no harm in studying the aspects analytically too Smile

I never say reiki is safe until practisian work right way......
    my omni present mean we can used reiki with anything or any method of pure science for well wishes of mankind. it will merged with all because it is soul of all spritiual method.

salman wrote:
    you also take care bro ! Smile

Thanks for you advice i will keep it for good lesson.your
    vj

Last edited by Milarepa on Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixing quote)
    Bruce

Post by Bruce Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:43 am

chi_solas wrote:Many

Really, Bridget? You're saying that someone who is a reiki practitioner and a massage therapist always gives a reiki treatment whenever he/she gives a massage?

Bruce
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:18 am

Bruce wrote:

Really, Bridget? You're saying that someone who is a reiki practitioner and a massage therapist always gives a reiki treatment whenever he/she gives a massage?

Bruce

Bruce, I have talked to several Reiki
    can turn off and on its always there.

Bruce you may have a different opinion
    than me. Maybe you can tell us what your
    opinion is. sunny
    Bruce

Post by Bruce Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:42 am

chi_solas wrote:
    Bruce wrote:

Bruce

medicine and still can be Reiki.

Bridget, Bridget. That's not where my question was directed. In order for your statement about reiki nurses to be relevant to the direction of my question, you'd have to address whether every time a nurse gives a patient a pill, she's also giving that patient reiki.

Many

And I asked, "Really, Bridget? You're saying that someone who is a reiki practitioner and a massage therapist always gives a reiki treatment whenever he/she gives a massage?"

But you still haven't answered. Rolling Eyes So I'll ask again. sunny

Are you saying that someone who is a reiki practitioner and a massage therapist always gives a reiki treatment whenever he/she gives a massage? Yes? No? Something else?

opinion is. sunny

My opinion, based on familiarity with massage therapists who are also reiki practitioners, is that they have control over whether they are giving reiki to their massage clients. Now, do you agree or disagree with that?

Bruce
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:27 am

Bruce wrote:
    chi_solas wrote:
    Bruce wrote:

Bruce

medicine and still can be Reiki.

Bridget, Bridget. That's not where my question was directed. In order for your statement about reiki nurses to be relevant to the direction of my question, you'd have to address whether every time a nurse gives a patient a pill, she's also giving that patient reiki.

Many

And I asked, "Really, Bridget? You're saying that someone who is a reiki practitioner and a massage therapist always gives a reiki treatment whenever he/she gives a massage?"

But you still haven't answered. Rolling Eyes So I'll ask again. sunny

Are you saying that someone who is a reiki practitioner and a massage therapist always gives a reiki treatment whenever he/she gives a massage? Yes? No? Something else?

opinion is. sunny

My opinion, based on familiarity with massage therapists who are also reiki practitioners, is that they have control over whether they are giving reiki to their massage clients. Now, do you agree or disagree with that?

Bruce

Non-Reiki 'uses' of reiki 307123 for sharing your opinion sunny
    Bruce

Post by Bruce Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:09 am

chi_solas wrote:

For a third time: Are you saying that someone who is a reiki practitioner and a massage therapist always gives a reiki treatment whenever he/she gives a massage? Yes? No?

Will you answer now? sunny sunny sunny

Bruce
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:50 am

hi Bruce and Bridget Smile

the question is interesting... the role of intent in reiki has been discussed serveral times, and it is generally understood that when we intend, reiki starts going to the patient (or whatever phrase we use)

but the issue in focus is precisely that when we dont have intention to give reiki and we do something that is in nature of theraupetic, treatments, etc, does reiki starts going even without our conscious intention ?

and the second question is that if, for some reason, we opt NOT to use reiki in a treatment (lets say the patient has attached some religious susceptibilities towards reiki or is offended with the mere mention of reiki), then in that case do we have the 'option' of excluding reiki from our treatments... is there something that can 'switch off' reiki ?

and equally, does reiki start automatically as opposed to general view that we have to set reiki 'in motion' through our intent ?

i hold no real life experience of massage therapies (except some physiotherpaies sessions observed), so it would be all speculative if give a view on this issue... but general understanding about reiki suggests me as follows :

reiki has a spiritual essence which outwardly manifests itself as physical healing most often... this spiritual essence, as announced by reiki percepts, is a travel to our true nature of love, compassion, responsiblity, grace and respect...

reiki helps us rediscovering these basic fabrics of our human nature... the actions of love, sympathy, consideration, etc. are also 'invoked' in other actions too....like giving treatments, giving psychological counselling, helping somebody making food Smile, and so on.... making every single action to be bundled with a probability of generating spirituality.....

if every action clothed with love, affection and helping attitude reinvents sprituality within us, then all such actions are interconnected and interwoven, reiki being no exception...

so it feels to me more probable to assume that when we want to help others from core of heart (nurses giving treatments could be an example in some cases), all the 'abilities', 'potentials' and 'inspirations' crafted to achieve that end are also 'activated' or invoked.. even if we dont do them consciously...

the use of reiki constantly and in daily routines by therapists makes reiki as their second nature, so whenever they do any action relating to their primary domain, this second nature is activated....

if i put something as a close example, it might be said that symbols are activated whenever we give reiki, even if we dont consciously invoke them..(but obviously this issue has not reahed a consensus among senior reiki people, and what we air, is just a set of theories and probablities Smile

take care

salman

post script : when i see Bruce's consistent questioning over this issue, i sense the importance of it, since it leads us to revist some very core issues within reiki study..

Last edited by Lambs-Wool on Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : flying thoughts settled !)
    Bruce

Post by Bruce Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:10 am

Lambs-Wool wrote:and the second question is that if, for some reason, we opt NOT to use reiki in a treatment (lets say the patient has attached some religious susceptibilities towards reiki or is offended with the mere mention of reiki), then in that case do we have the 'option' of excluding reiki from our treatments... is there something that can 'switch off' reiki ?

Exactly! That's the scenario that prompts my inquiry. If Bridget's statement is taken at face value, then someone who for whatever reason finds reiki objectionable should never have massage sessions from a masseuse/masseur who also happens to be a reiki practitioner. Such a person also should not get medical treatment from doctors or nurses who also happen to be reiki practitioners. Because, of course, they'd be getting reiki along with the massage or the medical treatment.

Did Bridget mean what her statement seems to say? It would be nice if she would answer the repeated request for clarification. Maybe she will sometime. I certainly hope she will!

the use of reiki constantly and in daily routines by therapists makes reiki as their second nature, so whenever they do any action relating to their primary domain, this second nature is activated....

Maybe. Although -- as noted above -- that raises the question of whether it has to remain in action.

Bruce
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:16 am

Bruce wrote:

Maybe. Although -- as noted above -- that raises the question of whether it has to remain in action.

Bruce

imo, obviously if we assume this, this may raise a question as about 'freedom of choice' of the practitioner....

if we assume reiki is activated unconciously, will that be taken in a way that cannot we spare a 'non-reiki' moment ever in our lives ?

interesting line of thought Bruce Smile i m study

take care

salman

Last edited by Lambs-Wool on Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spell mistakes)
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:19 pm

as I advance in the "formal" world of Reiki
    I hear many different opinions about techniques
    and cross over styles. It appears that many
    folks understand that "Reiki" is free. It's
    always there. Everyone has their own way of
    articulating how they interact with this life
    force or how they see this life force interacting
    without the formal ties to any Reiki system. Life's
    energy is always working be you "Reiki" or
    "non -Reiki"

The sunny is always shining even when we can't
    see it on those dark dreary days. flower
    Bruce

Post by Bruce Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:48 pm

chi_solas wrote:as I advance in the "formal" world of Reiki
    I hear many different opinions about techniques
    and cross over styles. It appears that many
    folks understand that "Reiki" is free. It's
    always there. Everyone has their own way of
    articulating how they interact with this life
    force or how they see this life force interacting
    without the formal ties to any Reiki system. Life's
    energy is always working be you "Reiki" or
    "non -Reiki"

The sunny is always shining even when we can't
    see it on those dark dreary days. flower

Based on your experience, Bridget, what's your answer to the very straightforward question that I previously asked you three times in this thread? sunny

I gave you my opinion about it when you asked. Now why won't you reciprocate??

Bruce
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:00 pm

salman. it's an interesting concept when is Reiki active sunny

Some folks say just be Reiki. Live Reiki. When I practice
    the 5 principles I feel "Reiki" When I'm with a client I
    don't feel that I'm activating my "Reiki" The question might
    be am I helping the client activate their own 'Reiki" as I
    apply the hand positions. Does the same thing happen when
    Reiki practitioner who have a dual job where hands on
    happens in a different format than "Reiki" Idea

if every action clothed with love, affection and helping attitude reinvents sprituality within us, then all such actions are interconnected and interwoven, reiki being no exception... ..
    interesting thought! flower
    Bruce

Post by Bruce Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:09 pm

Lambs-Wool wrote:
    Bruce wrote:

Bruce

imo, obviously if we assume this, this may raise a question as about 'freedom of choice' of the practitioner....

if we assume reiki is activated unconciously, will that be taken in a way that cannot we spare a 'non-reiki' moment ever in our lives ?

Absolutely directly on the issue. Various religious systems teach that even God can't abrogate human free will. So I find it odd that some folks (Bridget) are saying things that imply that reiki can do it.

Bruce

Last edited by Bruce on Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Bruce

Post by Bruce Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:12 pm

chi_solas wrote:Does the same thing happen when
    Reiki practitioner who have a dual job where hands on
    happens in a different format than "Reiki" Idea

Does it, Bridget? Yes?? No?? What's your answer???
    Neutral

Bruce
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:25 pm

Bruce wrote:
    chi_solas wrote:

For a third time: Are you saying that someone who is a reiki practitioner and a massage therapist always gives a reiki treatment whenever he/she gives a massage? Yes? No?

Bruce

Bruce I gave my opinion in post 5 sunny

This is not a court room for you to
    play Perry Mason. It's a Reiki forum
    where folks are free to express their
    thoughts, opinions without being harrassed
    interegated to answer your yes/no questions.

You are Non-Reiki 'uses' of reiki 85412 to engage in a friendly dialog
    Members have the freedom to respond or not respond
    when another member tries to reword twist what was
    said. It would be appreciated that you refrain from
    doing that in future postings. Thanks heart smiley
    Bruce

Post by Bruce Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:53 am

chi_solas wrote:
    Bruce wrote:
    chi_solas wrote:

Bruce

Bruce I gave my opinion in post 5 sunny

[etc.]

Bridget, post 5 is the one about which I asked for clarification in the first place. I wanted to know whether you really meant what you seemed to be saying there, but you didn't answer that follow-up. Merely repeating your statement in the interim isn't clarification. That's why I kept asking you to respond to my inquiry about what would follow if you meant your statement literally.

And I'm disappointed that you haven't done it. Structurally, it's like the following dialogue:
    "X = Y."
    "If X = Y, then does that also mean Z?"
    "X = Y."
    "But what do you mean by X = Y? Does that also mean Z?"
    "X = Y."
    "If X = Y, then doesn't Z follow?"
    "X = Y."
    The problem, of course, is that there's been no confirmation about whether implication Z does follow. If Z doesn't follow, then I've misunderstood what you meant by "X = Y" -- but because you've only repeated "X = Y," I still don't know whether my understanding of the statement matches what you meant by it. That's the limitation of merely saying the same thing over and over again, rather than giving indications of whether my understanding matches what you said, and explaining where I've misunderstood (if I've misunderstood).

If, indeed, you believe a massage practitioner who is also a reiki practitioner cannot ever refrain from giving reiki during a massage session, then I'm curious about something I mentioned to Salman in this thread:
    Why do you apparently believe that reiki abrogates human free will, although various religious traditions teach that even God doesn't do that?

sunny sunny

Bruce

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:53 am