Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+8
Dharma
Flamel
wildcarde
Colin
Milarepa
EzriReiki
Lambs-Wool
chi_solas
12 posters

Scientific evidence on the most Powerful Forms of Reiki.

chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Scientific evidence on the most Powerful Forms of Reiki. - Page 2 Empty Re: Scientific evidence on the most Powerful Forms of Reiki.

Post by chi_solas Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:26 am

DameMantis wrote:The ideal would be to "heal without medical intervention" as we know it. And I understand the pursuit of this noble goal. But there are also "tools" that help us along the path. Not everybody advances at the same rate. Do you really believe that the majority of human beings are "socially evolved enough" to quantum leap from point B to point M in one shot? I certainly don't.

Just observe how the different races don't even know how to interact properly. Exceptional advancement like this (in leaps and bounds) is reserved for THE FEW. The bulk of the population needs some "aids-tools-devices" to have practical experience with tangible results. So I have a "scientific kink" that is in me as well.
    My scientist is not "mad" or "egotistical" but very curious and wants to "understand" the REIKI (metaphysical side) better. My intentions are constructive ones, and GOD willing, he/she will select which one(s) will manifest. cheers Scientific evidence on the most Powerful Forms of Reiki. - Page 2 78411

We sure need tools to help us and
    self-inner talk is one of them. How
    we are introduced into our world sure
    does have an impact on us . What
    happens outside the womb as we are
    developing inside the womb also has an
    impact on our body memory.

Most folk rely on medical intervention
    to heal them. Self discovery can unlock
    hidden parts of life that are stored in
    our body that high technology can not find.

I'm not sure that different races don't
    know how to interact properly. There are
    dynamics that cause them to choose the
    path they take.

My first introduction of scientist were
    that they did not believe in God. My trust
    in God over scientist was more powerful.
    Another interesting part of first
    introductions for me "God is within all of us"

IMO law of attraction, what beliefs I have are
    more powerful than invasive medicine/science.

sunny
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Scientific evidence on the most Powerful Forms of Reiki. - Page 2 Empty Re: Scientific evidence on the most Powerful Forms of Reiki.

Post by Lambs-Wool Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:35 am

Takata Sensei, having over 3 decades of reiki practice, referred reiki as 'God power'. Which God she was referring to ?

One that we worship or that which manifests himself within us as our soul/spirit?

Maybe she was referring to the second one?

The moment we detach reiki from its spiritual portion, we are going to misinterpret its true manifestation.

Science is not anti to God or to reiki, the only problem is that it is not attempting to access it with true frame of reference.... Given this fact, many people seem to have opted a conceptional detachment between reiki and science, but i see that coming generations might be able to bridge this gap scratch

Salman

Post by Guest Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:44 am

Excellent deduction, Salman! Science is NOT detached from "GOD", it's only a "tool" of GOD or one of his multitude of languages. It's our concept of "science presently" that has to be transformed AND TO SERVE reiki. If science was mature enough, it would say something like this..."Okay, REIKI, you exist and operate in the realm of Meta-physics. You are what you are, and I'm going to try to understand you better." A "reiki device" can be something that embodies ONLY A FRACTION of what REIKI IS. This "BINARY-TYPE thinking" is counter-productive...it's stopping us dead in our tracks from further advancement. I was never at "odds" with science, and see it rather as an outward manifestation of GOD. (THE ONE THAT WE WORSHIP). What "HE" planted in us is like a "reference point". That energy originated from "HIM", too, because he OWNS ALL ENERGY.

heart smiley

section moved to chillout 6/21 ~ Bridget
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:41 am

manistream science is at odds with religion & spirituality. and vice-versa. in many ways, both are saying the exact same thing, only in different ways. there'd no conflict really.

the dalai lama wrote a great book - 'The universe in a single atom'. that's a cool place to look.

if a person only experiences one path, one discipline, there's a tendancy to only see validity in that way. i think in part this gives rise to the conflict.
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:50 am

DameMantis wrote:Excellent deduction, Salman! Science is NOT detached from "GOD", it's only a "tool" of GOD or one of his multitude of languages. It's our concept of "science presently" that has to be transformed AND TO SERVE reiki. If science was mature enough, it would say something like this..."Okay, REIKI, you exist and operate in the realm of Meta-physics. You are what you are, and I'm going to try to understand you better." A "reiki device" can be something that embodies ONLY A FRACTION of what REIKI IS. This "BINARY-TYPE thinking" is counter-productive...it's stopping us dead in our tracks from further advancement. I was never at "odds" with science, and see it rather as an outward manifestation of GOD. (THE ONE THAT WE WORSHIP). What "HE" planted in us is like a "reference point". That energy originated from "HIM", too, because he OWNS ALL ENERGY.

I agree most scientists do think in a binary way - something has to be either one thing or the other 0 or 1, on or off, black or white etc.- but there are some scientists who are beginning to realise that actually something can be both - a unity!

This is more in line with what eastern philosophy, in particular, has taught for hundreds, if not thousands, of years. Ultimately, there is only One thing yet, in order for that One thing to become manifest there must also be something else so that it can be distinguished from itself, thus duality is born. So, logically, if we find the correct balance of each aspect of duality we can again experience Oneness.

There's more I wanted to say but I can't find the right words at the moment geek scratch
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:04 am

''if we find balance with each aspect of duality, we find Oneness in the end''

colin, its 4:00 am here atm, and i m jst eperiencing the flux ov ur phrase.... Omg, thats terrifically true!!!!

Warm hugs buddy, may you be blessed eternally for saying this

Salman
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:13 am

dear DameMantis (for want of anybody of us to have known your actual name), you speak so brilliantly buddy!

And i see there is a lot to come. Keep shining Smile sunny

Salman

Post by Guest Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:33 pm

Dear Salman,
    The insects are such amazing survivors, these buggers. The "agricultureales" attempt to wipe them out and then; they're BACK in business. They rally together and figure out how to perform this feat...either by mutation, immunization, or some other method (we as humanoids) don't understand as of yet. So some bug technicians create scenarios where one bug species takes out another. What I found interesting is the plot they hatched to diminish the termite population by using this insect's grooming habits to spread contagion back to the colony. VOILA!
    After the honey bee, the mantis always fascinated me...where does it store all that food with such a stick-figure of a body? It even looks like an "alien".
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:45 am

DameMantis wrote:Dear Salman,
    The insects are such amazing survivors, these buggers. The "agricultureales" attempt to wipe them out and then; they're BACK in business. They rally together and figure out how to perform this feat...either by mutation, immunization, or some other method (we as humanoids) don't understand as of yet. So some bug technicians create scenarios where one bug species takes out another. What I found interesting is the plot they hatched to diminish the termite population by using this insect's grooming habits to spread contagion back to the colony. VOILA!
    After the honey bee, the mantis always fascinated me...where does it store all that food with such a stick-figure of a body? It even looks like an "alien".

We need to be more friendly
    towards all bugs and insects
    they have a Universal life
    purpose. Arrow

Post by Guest Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:38 am

I agree with you on that one...that's the reason I admire a lot of these buggers . Too bad humans and bugs clash from time to time. Humans should be examining what it is that they're doing wrong.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:16 am

Most of our first introduction
    & interactions with these so
    called pesky bugs and insects
    have been negatively swatted. affraid

An early childhood science project
    introduces children to wiggley worm
    in the form of candy before they get
    introduced to the live worm. flower

Some folks also have an element of
    fear when they hear the word Reiki
    a strange sounding name. To further
    complicate the name there's hundreds
    of styles to choose from. sunny

Post by Guest Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:25 am

Then we have to REDEFINE the term "REIKI" so that it can appear more "user friendly".
    We can explain it better when we know MORE about the different "styles" of REIKI.
    Then "REIKI" can be the common denominator. And the different "styles of it" can be the numerator. We can represent this information in a way that is not so "SCARY". For example if someone asks us why we are using one style over another, we can honestly respond with something like:"Reiki (a/y) is better employed for ACUTE CASES; whereas Reiki "(b/y) is better suited for CHRONIC CASES." Newer, more in-depth knowledge is the answer. It will negate their "FEAR". And once we can arrive @ (ZERO), we can all start from scratch...taking off into another, more empowered direction. sunny

Post by Guest Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:39 am

Hey Colin and Salman Basketball Let's play some ball! It moves (so it's duality). Then somebody stops it (oneness). Somebody bounces it then into another direction (again duality). ONE-NESS; TWO-NESS and this goes on Back and Forth. It's mechanics...so what? It's just confirming that we temporarily left from ONE.
    ONE-NESS is superior since it's the state we always have to return to (sooner or later). Let's look on the bright side = the next time we depart, we can CHANGE something. Change it with OUR INTENT.
    What I find TRULY sad is when someone departs from ONE, never to return to it (in his/her spirit + mind). I call these "lost souls". pale
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:59 am

Reiki is a system that was created
    by Usui it is simple and passive.

I believe that people heal themselves
    so it would not serve me to try and
    convince people that Reiki (a/a) is
    better for acute cases and (a/b) is
    better for chronic cases. Simple and
    passive Reiki works for me. Empowerment
    comes from within.

Look forward to hearing what other folks
    opinions are on how, to evaluate the energy
    vibrational power of different Reiki styles.

Post by Guest Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:10 pm

I am speaking to a "scientific audience" when I say "this Reiki" or "that Reiki" and what the "reasons" for the selection are. THESE people want to be "convinced" in a language that THEY understand. I would NEVER open such a topic with the RECIPIENT of the treatment because if they WANT to be HEALED, they WILL BE. If they DON'T WANT to be HEALED...they won't be. It's their choice and I'm NOT getting involved in their decision. I'm not concerned about the people who ALREADY BELIEVE and ACCEPT the effectiveness of REIKI.
    As I do research, my focus is to VALIDATE/ELEVATE its Understanding with the doubting crowd (viz. scientists who need to grow up). These sort of people are NOT EASY to deal with; and it takes some very innovative; careful calculations.

Hope this was helpful in clarifying my position. Shocked albino
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:21 pm

DameMantis wrote:Dear Salman,

Dear DameMantis

universe around us is far more vast and diverse than we comprehend, and the instances you quote can be utilized towards this fact... when we talk about reiki healing, we talk about ourselves getting healed, but might be that when reiki heals somebody, it heals him within a system... a system that is an interaction of so many factors.... if healing was confined to our bodies only, it might be temporary, but when healing is expanded to include the atmosphere (like room, house, groups, etc.), this is a healing that is generally far more stable...

i have a general feelin that atmosphere of my room where i do reiki treatments to my acquaintances is visibly different from other rooms of the same house... and same true to so many things....

it is often a debate that when reiki heals our physical body, this invariably involves the 'killing' of bacteria, etc., so what ? a thing that is healing me is also a thing that is killing other life ?? here is the point where 'healing a system' instead of healing a body part (or body), comes entering the equation Smile

take care

salman
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:34 pm

DameMantis wrote:Hey Colin and Salman Basketball Let's play some ball! It moves (so it's duality). Then somebody stops it (oneness). Somebody bounces it then into another direction (again duality). ONE-NESS; TWO-NESS and this goes on Back and Forth. It's mechanics...so what? It's just confirming that we temporarily left from ONE.
    ONE-NESS is superior since it's the state we always have to return to (sooner or later). Let's look on the bright side = the next time we depart, we can CHANGE something. Change it with OUR INTENT.
    What I find TRULY sad is when someone departs from ONE, never to return to it (in his/her spirit + mind). I call these "lost souls". pale

interesting points DameMantis Smile

duality (as i take it) is a gesture of creation... the 'physical substance' within this universe is due to duality... daulity is not negative aspect; it is the identity of our substance...

oneness, is a leap into our true nature, our nature that was temporarily 'enveloped' with notes of knowing... when we know, we create duality, and there we come to conceive the realization of existence of separate identities....identities dont exist, but in our perception, and so is the physical substance, and all these items owe their existence to duality....

we acquire complete 'oneness', we vanish ! Smile

something on the notes of 'sadness' within your post :

we were not departed from oneness in some sorrowful way, we were consciously created by our creator, if you believe in so... this is a vast big design of a universe operating within the concept of 'nothing'... a metaphor for existence..

i personally feel (emphasis on 'personal' always Smile ), that when we leave this physical abode, we are not returning to be merged into 'oneness' completely... rather, we are changing places, and we are changing realms... unless we desire our extinction, we should respect the duality as a just cause of our existence Basketball

take care

Smile

salman

Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:57 pm

DameMantis wrote:As I do research, my focus is to VALIDATE/ELEVATE its Understanding with the doubting crowd (viz. scientists who need to grow up). These sort of people are NOT EASY to deal with; and it takes some very innovative; careful calculations.

yes! indeed very 'careful' calculations Smile

scientists are often not willing to learn beyond their designated areas... a heart physician will lend deaf ears to a chemotherapist even if such therapy is helpful to heart matters... an eye surgeon/specialist will treat cataract in the way he has learned it to deal, even when he is told that some yoga exercises can stimulate blood flow in topical areas to help dissolve the catract...

Ten years back i had problems with my kidneys... i experienced some 'tecnical feudalism' within medical folks.... Urologists treating through Shockwave lithotripsy would shun conventional open surgery, and surgeons specializing in kidney transplant, would just bring up lound words against lithotripsy...every one within medical fraternity would so comfortably opt to confine to the little shell he has been housed within, with little willingness to experiment beyond... one way, this is also called 'professionalism' Smile

i mean to say that some people have 'opted' to not to be convinced no matter how many turtles you turn eventually Smile lol!

to calibrate 'power' within different styles is a intriguing concept... but when come to physical treatments within reiki we find that every reiki session is a unique experience, and has unique gimmicks of running the show....

one day you experience a certain feeling when using a hand position and next session, with same person and without any apparent change, you feel a different feeling, and so on....

one method of drawing CKR over the diseased area works wonderfully one day, but not that wonderfuly to next day... tingling in hands is sometimes suggestive of a 'huge' thing going inside the body of the patient, yet patient says he feels 'nothing' Smile

these all suggest that when we go to a reiki session, we have to depart expectations and pre-conclusions... reiki session is an interaction within a multitude of factors, and our role is to set intent, to put things into motion through setting this inetnt, and to act accordingly in a way we best feel in a situation, but it is always a unviersal finding that when set in motion, reiki matters have their own 'intrinsic' momentum...

on these notes, we sometimes say that reiki is 'passive' as far as we have no control over shaping up a certain happening! Smile

regards

salman

chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:44 am

Lambs-Wool wrote:

it is often a debate that when reiki heals our physical body, this invariably involves the 'killing' of bacteria, etc., so what ? a thing that is healing me is also a thing that is killing other life ?? here is the point where 'healing a system' instead of healing a body part (or body), comes entering the equation Smile

take care

salman

Interesting point of view. I see Reiki
    healing as balance and harmony. As a
    lay wo/man point of view, I see the
    bacteria as part of the bodies natural
    healing. It's always there and the body
    is constantly removing waste. A strong
    healthy immune system can remove mutated
    cells. Another topic indeed. Scientific evidence on the most Powerful Forms of Reiki. - Page 2 850837
    EzriReiki
    EzriReiki

Post by EzriReiki Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:02 am

DameMantis wrote:
    Here's an example: A group of recipients all with a similar symptom: eg. a non-malignant tumor in the leg. REIKI "A" sessions are administered to one group; REIKI "B" to another. Scientists should get involved with something like this (to get a better control over the parameters so that as many variables as possible can be eliminated). Data collection can be most tedious but it's a necessary step. Which REIKI form produced more SIGNIFICANT improvements/results?

Hello DameMantis,
    This type of experiment works well for things like drug trials where identical quantities of a chemical with exactly the same potency of active ingredient can be administered to a group of test subjects, but it might be too rigid for dealing with Reiki. Reiki is a "subtle energy" practice, and there are many things to consider in its application and effect. For me, the most important thing would be the recipient, How many of us have experience of treating different people for the same complaint, with different results? I know I have, I use the same form of Reiki (Usui Shiki Ryoho), but for each person the effects were quite different, some saw noticeable improvement, others did not. Perhaps a different form of Reiki might have brought better results for these people? Do different people resonate better with one form of Reiki than another? I feel they do. So what if the people in the group treated with Reiki A, did not resonate with Reiki A, but would have seen noticeable improvement if they had been in the group treated with Reiki B? Then there is also another variable, the person administering Reiki treatment; and the Reiki given-received, how can we measure this as quantity or potency? Oh, DameMantis, you make me think too much !

EZRI
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:21 am

folks, for writing posts to different people, please use the 'multi-quote' option. instead of posting multiple times in a row.

to use the option, select 'multi-quote' for every post you want to comment in, then select 'postreply' which is at bottom, of topic page you are viewing (bottom right hand side). It'll automatically then have the proper quotes already embedded in your new post.

Post by Guest Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:43 am

Yes indeed! Experiments have to be done in PHASES (because of the "too many factors") Very difficult to PINPOINT the workings of Reiki; but we can get CLOSER to where we are now. To eliminate one variable: The Practitioners would be selected from within their particular STYLE. We can select people who have had a minimum of (5) years experience within their chosen STYLE. We need them of course (to AGREE to participate in the "experiment"). We will have to start with the premise that each practitioner has selected the STYLE according to his/her personal affinity (alignment for THEIR style).

OF COURSE you will ALWAYS get DIFFERENT results from the receivers of the treatments. AND we WANT Different results: because we can catch in them (any patterns) or COMMON DENOMINATOR.

And you made a very EXCELLENT point: How can you know WHICH reiki style would have achieved a BETTER RESULT for that particular recipient? DATA COLLECTION is very tedious ; but this question would be handled in the SECOND PHASE of these "Series of Experiments". The strategy of the experiments is to move from the more "GENERAL", narrowing down, to the ever-increasing (MORE SPECIFIC). When it comes to investigative methods in the Wave Sciences; this is the way they proceed. "Chemical" agents are ANOTHER BALLPARK altogether, so for purposes of this discourse, we have to all be on the page.

THE SAME recipients would be "used as subjects"; for the "same health issue" BUT with a DIFFERENT REIKI STYLE. It would be best to keep THE SAME SET OF PRACTITIONERS, but ask them this time, to employ ANOTHER style. The point I'm trying to make here it that it's the NARROWING DOWN (based on the findings of the previous results)of the variables is what has to happen. There are many REIKI Masters out there who have been attuned to more that (ONE) style of REIKI. These are the ones that we want for purposes of our "experiments"

About the "scientists" who refuse to "grow up"--I won't waste my precious time on them---they've made their decision to remain "ignorant". It's the "scientists" who show some potential for further advancement of knowledge that are my audience.

So in a NUTSHELL: to start off: SAME set of Practitioners//SAME set of Recipients// SAME "Health concern"//DIFFERENT "reiki style" with the SAME pairings.

study study study
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:32 am

EzriReiki wrote:
    DameMantis wrote:
    Here's an example: A group of recipients all with a similar symptom: eg. a non-malignant tumor in the leg. REIKI "A" sessions are administered to one group; REIKI "B" to another. Scientists should get involved with something like this (to get a better control over the parameters so that as many variables as possible can be eliminated). Data collection can be most tedious but it's a necessary step. Which REIKI form produced more SIGNIFICANT improvements/results?

Hello DameMantis,
    This type of experiment works well for things like drug trials where identical quantities of a chemical with exactly the same potency of active ingredient can be administered to a group of test subjects, but it might be too rigid for dealing with Reiki. Reiki is a "subtle energy" practice, and there are many things to consider in its application and effect. For me, the most important thing would be the recipient, How many of us have experience of treating different people for the same complaint, with different results? I know I have, I use the same form of Reiki (Usui Shiki Ryoho), but for each person the effects were quite different, some saw noticeable improvement, others did not. Perhaps a different form of Reiki might have brought better results for these people? Do different people resonate better with one form of Reiki than another? I feel they do. So what if the people in the group treated with Reiki A, did not resonate with Reiki A, but would have seen noticeable improvement if they had been in the group treated with Reiki B? Then there is also another variable, the person administering Reiki treatment; and the Reiki given-received, how can we measure this as quantity or potency? Oh, DameMantis, you make me think too much !

EZRI

I find from day to day changes happen.
    No 2 Reiki session/treatment is the same
    for the same person. Each time I have a
    Reiki session I have a different experience.
    I find I'm in a different place each day.
    bounce Sleep sunny Scientific evidence on the most Powerful Forms of Reiki. - Page 2 850837
    EzriReiki
    EzriReiki

Post by EzriReiki Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:59 am

chi_solas wrote:

I find from day to day changes happen.
    No 2 Reiki session/treatment is the same
    for the same person. Each time I have a
    Reiki session I have a different experience.
    I find I'm in a different place each day.
    bounce Sleep sunny Scientific evidence on the most Powerful Forms of Reiki. - Page 2 850837

This is so true. As Jay often has need to remind me, Timeliness is an important consideration in Reiki treatment. It is not only a matter of if the person is willing to heal (let themselves be healed) but when the person is willing to heal (let themselves be healed). Just for to day? or perhaps, not until tomorrow?

DameMantis wrote:
    Which REIKI form produced more SIGNIFICANT improvements/results?

So perhaps this question must become "Which REIKI form produced more SIGNIFICANT improvements/results for the particular individual at the particular time?

EZRI
    wildcarde
    wildcarde

Post by wildcarde Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:24 am

forgive me if this has been posted, but check http://www.centerforreikiresearch.org/

for some interesting studies..

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:31 pm